Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Huh?

Posted by Necee on 12/09/02 at 23:00 (102472)

Please excuse my ignorance, but.....what in the dickens is a G8?????

Happy trails..

Necee

Re: Huh?

carynz on 12/09/02 at 23:08 (102475)

Necee - are you referring to the G8 summit that was held near Calgary AB this past summer? G8 refers to Global Governance with the 8 world leaders meeting in one place. Is there another meaning for G8 perhaps? There was G7 and there is also G20.....

cheers Caryn

carynz on 12/09/02 at 23:22 (102477)

I've just read further down the board do you think G8 is actually GRREAT!!!
I think I'm losing it for sure now.

pala on 12/09/02 at 23:39 (102478)

if the south had won the war you'd know a moon pie from a wagon wheel. and you'd have had the opportunity to attend a mule diving contest and might also know who this year's 'possum queen is. as of a few years ago the latter two were still happening in the alabama county my best friend hales from. probably still are. .

Necee on 12/09/02 at 23:53 (102481)

I know I'm loosing it.......will someone PLEASE explain G8.

Necee

Julie on 12/10/02 at 02:54 (102492)

Good morning, Necee. You haven't lost it, you've just wisely ignored it. But if you mean the term G8 as recently used at heelspurs.com, it was applied by Elliott a few weeks ago to the clique here (I think you're probably in it, though no-one can be sure). It seemed to have passed into oblivion quite quickly, but has turned up again.

Now you have to read the whole thread about cliques. Do - it's very funny.

The original 'G8' which inspired ELliott is as described above by - I forget who, sorry.

Have a nice day.

Re: The List

Carole C in NOLA on 12/10/02 at 07:19 (102500)

I'm trying to figure out who of us is in the G8. Let's see...

There's Nancy N, Nancy S, Judy S, John H, Necee, Suzanne, Julie, WendyN, Carmen, Brian, Tammie, and Laurie, ... wait a minute! That's twelve already so four must be axed. I'm not in it either, Elliott. So you gotta be nice to me and four others on that list now, not to mention all the others that I forgot! :)

Carole C

pala on 12/10/02 at 08:08 (102525)

if they have a secret clique do not be concerned. i have a secred clique and a secret cult. you may be in one or both and not know it. but one of the secret rules is, and some of you may remember this one, you have to wear your underwear on your head on tuesdays. therefore some of us are sitting here typing with , you guessed it, skivvy heads. do not be surprzed to see typos todae.

pala on 12/10/02 at 08:17 (102528)

i knew it. i knew it. that list proves i am not in the other secret clique or cult. my name left out even tho it has been proven here beyond doubt that i am FUNNY. . hmph! i am now curling into a fetal position. and rocking back and forth and whimpering unconsolably. while i type.

pala on 12/10/02 at 08:21 (102529)

maybe it's inconsolably. hard to tell with underwear on my head.

john h on 12/10/02 at 11:00 (102554)

Neece: I think it is on a Bingo card.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/10/02 at 12:20 (102563)

I'm not in it either, so can I be in yours? I am not funny but I am definitely verbose! :)

Carole C

pala on 12/10/02 at 12:40 (102569)

as long as the underwear are on the head on tuesdays. i will not bend this all important rule. sure you are in. assuming that is addressed to me. are you in my clique or my cult or my cabal or my gang or my gaggle or my bunch? underwear rule applies no matter what. long underwear ok in cold climates in my reformed fraternal order of the eternal message board. i'm glad we;re finally straightening this ongoing problem of cliques and in groups out right here right now.

Kathy G on 12/10/02 at 13:44 (102579)

John,

That's gr8! You made me laugh out loud. For my part, I have no idea what most people are talking about. I tend to skip posts that I think are rude or hurtful so I therefore missed some of the ones referenced here.

I say, if we want to discuss recipes, that's fine. If we want to discuss politics, that's fine, and so it goes. If one doesn't want to participate, one doesn't have to. That's the beauty of these boards.

As for me, were I out for a particularly meaningful intellectual discussion, I wouldn't go to a board dedicated to sore feet!!!

Nancy N on 12/10/02 at 18:41 (102619)

Surely I don't post often enough anymore to be considered one of the 'G8,' but I suppose anything is possible in this strange world of cliques and clubs and who knows, maybe a secret society or two? And Carole, I have to say that I know you have made me laugh on several occasions, so I should not worry about being funny if I were you!

Now, this bit about the underwear on the head on Tuesdays, I dunno 'bout that. Tuesday is 'Purple day' where I work, though I confess I rarely wear purple on Tuesdays because I can't stand to give in to that much groupthink. Underwear on the head is novel, though. Might get me fired...!

nancy s. on 12/10/02 at 19:21 (102629)

oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, nancy: carole, you have made me laugh also -- most recently at the mental picture of a 14-year-old reading Scientific American from cover to cover. this may go on today all over the place, of course, but in our day . . . you were unusual. i didn't read Scientific American until i was about 28. but late bloomers must suffer these failings, and i do so silently except here on the board.

on this these-days out-of-control message board (per wendy), anything seems to go. i have to stop myself from revealing all sorts of things no one wants to know about, even myself.

paula, you're a kique and, i might add, the most out of control of all. get a gripue (not now -- maybe in 2093).

nancy

pala on 12/10/02 at 19:53 (102634)

did someone a few messages ago said they'd get fired if wore underwear to work. everyone here understands i'm joking surely. do i need one of those labels like do not light your mattress on fire or use pillow stuffing to stuff the turkey? its a joke. you know. yuque, yuque.

Nancy N on 12/10/02 at 20:03 (102635)

Yeah, it was me, and I was joking right back atcha :)

wendyn on 12/10/02 at 20:12 (102636)

I dunno bout you guys, but where I work...everyone just assumes you're wearing underwear.

pala on 12/10/02 at 20:17 (102638)

ah if i knew it was you i'd of known you got it. :)

Nancy N on 12/10/02 at 20:21 (102639)

I shall take that as a high compliment! :)

john h on 12/11/02 at 10:16 (102707)

What is Scientific American? Does it have anything to do with Dr. Spock and the Starship Enterprise?

nancy s. on 12/11/02 at 15:56 (102739)

yes, john. it's a magazine conceived, written, and published by mr. spock. he did this before he was born, does this while he is living, and will continue to do this after he's dead.
nancy

john h on 12/11/02 at 18:23 (102763)

Nancy: Do you think Dr. Spock learned his 'mind meld' reading Scientific American. I would like to a mind meld on some of you. Would that be something or what. I could learn why Wendy reads backwards.

nancy s. on 12/11/02 at 18:34 (102767)

i don't know, john. i never heard of a 'mind meld,' and the only thing i know about mr spock is his name. i thought i could get away with impersonating a trekkie for one tiny little post, but noooooooo.

nancy

Re: Reading Backwards

wendyn on 12/11/02 at 22:58 (102783)

I read backwards because I can skim all of the posts really fast.

I really find it works okay. It is not that confusing for me. I normally have strange ways of doing things.

The main thing is that it's fast...you should try it.

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 07:21 (102793)

but wendy -- you can also skim the posts really fast using 'view all,' only faster than 'reverse,' it would seem to me, since you're not reading responses before you're reading the original posts.

i don't have anything against backwards; i'm left-handed for one thing and do a lot of things kind of backwards (or maybe sideways, who knows). but reading responses before the reading the posts they're responding to, which i've done a few times, left me in partial darkness.

if you love it, i'm not trying to change your mind -- just trying to understand it!

nancy

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 07:27 (102794)

i still have no clue how to go back and edit out the extra 'the' i typed in there.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 07:55 (102797)

What about going commando on thursdays?

wendyn on 12/12/02 at 08:07 (102798)

You should have to go commando on Wednesdays (since you wear the underwear on your head on Tuesday)

wendyn on 12/12/02 at 08:08 (102799)

Nancy - if I use 'view all' - don't I see all the messages?

I only want to see the newest ones.

If I'm really confused by a response, I just hit the view thread button.

I dunno, I've always done it this way (I used to use view messages since your last visit) - so I'm stuck with it now!

dave r on 12/12/02 at 08:11 (102800)

Lets see........Underwear on your head on tuesday, commando on wednesday, what about the rest of the week? The weekend has to be a killer...

Julie on 12/12/02 at 09:19 (102805)

But Wendy, I'm sure by by 'view all' Nancy means 'since your last visit'. Anyway, that's what I meant, and I was going to say the same thing. If you use that facility, you see all the messages that have been posted since you last checked in and you see them in order and it's just as quick as 'reverse'.

Now I'm really confused. Must be the underwear on my head.

Nancy, if you want to correct a post you have to put your email address in the 'optional and hidden box' so that your own posts, as well as posts from others in the same thread, are emailed to you. Then you can alter them.

Julie on 12/12/02 at 09:26 (102809)

Wendy, I've just checked the message board home page. There are three options.

Index of All Heel Pain Messages
Messages Posted Since Your Last Visit
Reverse Order

There is no 'View All'.

If you thought we meant 'Index of all Heel Pain Messsages', yes, that would be tedious, since it involves clicking on each title to read the message.

Messages Posted Since Your Last Visit gives you just that - the opportunity to read them fast in the right order.

Now my brain is tired so I'm going to go stand on my head.

pala on 12/12/02 at 09:27 (102810)

hello. the cows are rebelling in atlanta and my clique mates are going commando!! on saturday it's moon pies, with a quartz crystal embedded in it, to communicate with the star parents from alpha centurai. wear this anywhere on your person. sunday is up for grabs.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 09:32 (102811)

I cant see myself wearing underwear on my head while watching football on Sunday. Although if anyone has had any luck with this procedure regrowing their hair back then i will try it.

pala on 12/12/02 at 09:33 (102812)

i'm gratified to see underwear on the head has finally caught on here. it was starting to get kind of lonely keeping up this ancient and profound ritual all alone tuesday after tuesday. commando huh? o.k. (what does commando mean? i have gotten kind of addled since the cow takeover). i can sneak a message in here whenever they graze.

JudyS on 12/12/02 at 10:49 (102816)

Wendy - for me the 'view all' choice only gives me the posts made since my last access.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 11:42 (102821)

Commando: to wear no underwear at all:)))

pala on 12/12/02 at 11:52 (102822)

the revolutionary cows support that. they say they never have and never will wear underwear.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 11:53 (102823)

long live the cows!

pala on 12/12/02 at 12:08 (102824)

i , on the other hand am wondering if the clique, cult, bunch or gaggle that i have introduced here is not deteriorating from it's original sacred and transcendent purpose. do i sniff a schism? that would be a schame.

pala on 12/12/02 at 12:15 (102825)

dave, we cows sense a true comrad in you. we are udderly impressed!

dave r on 12/12/02 at 12:21 (102826)

Thats funny pala!

pala on 12/12/02 at 12:38 (102828)

we revolutionary cows are just about ready to gag paula with the underwear we found on her head. we advise you not to encourage her or the word play and puns will never end. she is driving us crazy . we are almost ready to abandon our revolutionary mooovement.

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 17:00 (102838)

but julie -- doesn't that mean i have to decide beforehand that i'm going to make a mistake and want to edit my post?

the description of the two functions is what i was trying to get across to wendy. long ago it was called 'view all messages since last visit.' i never realized the wording had changed. habit habit habit.

wendy, when it was all one board i think my outdated wording was what scott had up there. maybe when the board got divided up you thought that function had disappeared? or maybe you want to remain backwards, and more power to you. also, good luck in the long term! around the age of 48 you might want to reconsider muddling your brain any further than necessary.

nancy

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 17:02 (102839)

paula, do you happen to sell a dictionary of definitions for your language? as long as it doesn't cost more than $7.50, i will purchase.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 12/12/02 at 18:34 (102847)

But Wednesdays are Senior Citizens Discount Days at my grocery store, so I always go shopping on Wednesdays. I get 5% off, and the store is packed with senior citizens. Can you imagine a grocery story full of senior citizens all going commando? It would be even stranger than it already is.

Carole C :)

wendyn on 12/12/02 at 19:48 (102850)

Nancy - I have to say that I am SO happy reading backwards...I have no intention of changing.

(My brain does not seem to process things the same way that it should - this is proven over and over again.)

I'm pretty weird.

Nancy N on 12/12/02 at 19:57 (102852)

Wendy, didn't anybody ever tell you that weird = cool? :)

Re: Editing posts

Julie on 12/13/02 at 03:38 (102873)

Nancy, once you enter your email address in the box, it stays until you remove it. While it's there, ALL posts in ALL threads you post in including your own turn up in your inbox. Then you can check and edit your posts.

But at the rate posts about moon pies, cow pies, feather trees, snowflakes, and backward reading, not to mention underwear, are pouring forth, you'd have about 254 emails a day. You might not welcome that. I removed my email address recently because it was too time-consuming even to delete all the posts I knew I was going to read on the board anyway. That means I can't edit my posts, which isn't very nice of me as it was me amongst others who asked Scott to reinstate it (sorry, Scott). When the current hilarity recedes a bit I will put it back, so I can edit my more Momentously Serious posts (which I've noticed always have mistakes in them).

If I haven't explained this clearly, just type your email address in the box and see what happens.

nancy s. on 12/13/02 at 05:16 (102879)

carole, what is this senior-citizen business, in your fifties? are you guys older down there in louisiana?
nancy

nancy s. on 12/13/02 at 05:19 (102880)

thanks, julie. i'm trying it right now with this post. i will probably be sorry, but you never know.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 12/13/02 at 08:28 (102900)

Strange, isn't it?

I don't know, but apparently 54 is old enough to get a discount at most places around here. I get discounts at restaurants, for groceries, and for a lot of stuff now. They don't even ask to see my license because my hair is so, um, silver by now.

When I turned 50, my mother gave me an AARP membership. I threw it away because I didn't feel like a senior. I still don't, but by now I've decided not to turn my nose up at the discounts any more.

Carole C

Kathy G on 12/13/02 at 08:48 (102905)

Not me, boy, any discount they offer I'll take it! Around here, they don't give senior discounts to anyone until they hit 55. We used to have an Ames in our town, which sadly recently closed. Tuesday was senior discount day and I forgot a few times and went there on a Tuesday. I nearly got run over by some of those sweet, white-haired 55+'s! They truly believed in the motto, 'Shop till you drop,' but took it a step further. They didn't care who dropped!

Seriously, the AARP has a magazine called 'My Generation' or something like that. It has some pretty good articles in it. I don't know what age you have to be for them to stop sending it. My sister is 60 and she doesn't get it. I guess you have to be a mere child of 53 to qualify!

john h on 12/13/02 at 09:50 (102916)

Wendy: Actually there are many people who read magazines back to front. Sometimes I do. I usually do with Newsweek because I always liked Meg Greenberg's editorial before she passed on and it was always on the back page. Of course some cultures write right to left.

JudyS on 12/13/02 at 12:28 (102939)

NancyS - around here (Calif.) age 55 is considered 'senior' for discount purposes in retail and restaurants.

JudyS on 12/13/02 at 12:31 (102940)

That's a good point, John h - I tend to look at magazines back-to-front because of my left-handedness.

nancy s. on 12/13/02 at 17:34 (102978)

well i'm looking forward to 54 or 55 more than i thought.

so, do they discount houses, insurance, trucks, furnaces, electric bills? how about free cable for us hobblers (due to age, that is!)? how about free dump stickers? and i'd like my grocery bills cut in half, please.

nancy

Re: Senior discounts

Carole C in NOLA on 12/13/02 at 19:30 (102996)

I get 5% off of my groceries but only on Wednesdays. It's kind of fun to go grocery shopping on Wednesdays, because it's almost all seniors.

Today at lunch I got a discount at the all you can eat Mexican buffet, which came to $5.72 including iced tea and tax, a savings of around $3.00. Also I went to a particular thrift shop for the first time, and it has a senior discount too, although I didn't happen to buy anything there today.

I am sort of a newbie when it comes to senior discounts. Nobody seemed to offer them to me until I turned 54. I'm sure there are more discounts out there. Bring 'em on!

Carole C

carynz on 12/09/02 at 23:08 (102475)

Necee - are you referring to the G8 summit that was held near Calgary AB this past summer? G8 refers to Global Governance with the 8 world leaders meeting in one place. Is there another meaning for G8 perhaps? There was G7 and there is also G20.....

cheers Caryn

carynz on 12/09/02 at 23:22 (102477)

I've just read further down the board do you think G8 is actually GRREAT!!!
I think I'm losing it for sure now.

pala on 12/09/02 at 23:39 (102478)

if the south had won the war you'd know a moon pie from a wagon wheel. and you'd have had the opportunity to attend a mule diving contest and might also know who this year's 'possum queen is. as of a few years ago the latter two were still happening in the alabama county my best friend hales from. probably still are. .

Necee on 12/09/02 at 23:53 (102481)

I know I'm loosing it.......will someone PLEASE explain G8.

Necee

Julie on 12/10/02 at 02:54 (102492)

Good morning, Necee. You haven't lost it, you've just wisely ignored it. But if you mean the term G8 as recently used at heelspurs.com, it was applied by Elliott a few weeks ago to the clique here (I think you're probably in it, though no-one can be sure). It seemed to have passed into oblivion quite quickly, but has turned up again.

Now you have to read the whole thread about cliques. Do - it's very funny.

The original 'G8' which inspired ELliott is as described above by - I forget who, sorry.

Have a nice day.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/10/02 at 07:19 (102500)

I'm trying to figure out who of us is in the G8. Let's see...

There's Nancy N, Nancy S, Judy S, John H, Necee, Suzanne, Julie, WendyN, Carmen, Brian, Tammie, and Laurie, ... wait a minute! That's twelve already so four must be axed. I'm not in it either, Elliott. So you gotta be nice to me and four others on that list now, not to mention all the others that I forgot! :)

Carole C

pala on 12/10/02 at 08:08 (102525)

if they have a secret clique do not be concerned. i have a secred clique and a secret cult. you may be in one or both and not know it. but one of the secret rules is, and some of you may remember this one, you have to wear your underwear on your head on tuesdays. therefore some of us are sitting here typing with , you guessed it, skivvy heads. do not be surprzed to see typos todae.

pala on 12/10/02 at 08:17 (102528)

i knew it. i knew it. that list proves i am not in the other secret clique or cult. my name left out even tho it has been proven here beyond doubt that i am FUNNY. . hmph! i am now curling into a fetal position. and rocking back and forth and whimpering unconsolably. while i type.

pala on 12/10/02 at 08:21 (102529)

maybe it's inconsolably. hard to tell with underwear on my head.

john h on 12/10/02 at 11:00 (102554)

Neece: I think it is on a Bingo card.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/10/02 at 12:20 (102563)

I'm not in it either, so can I be in yours? I am not funny but I am definitely verbose! :)

Carole C

pala on 12/10/02 at 12:40 (102569)

as long as the underwear are on the head on tuesdays. i will not bend this all important rule. sure you are in. assuming that is addressed to me. are you in my clique or my cult or my cabal or my gang or my gaggle or my bunch? underwear rule applies no matter what. long underwear ok in cold climates in my reformed fraternal order of the eternal message board. i'm glad we;re finally straightening this ongoing problem of cliques and in groups out right here right now.

Kathy G on 12/10/02 at 13:44 (102579)

John,

That's gr8! You made me laugh out loud. For my part, I have no idea what most people are talking about. I tend to skip posts that I think are rude or hurtful so I therefore missed some of the ones referenced here.

I say, if we want to discuss recipes, that's fine. If we want to discuss politics, that's fine, and so it goes. If one doesn't want to participate, one doesn't have to. That's the beauty of these boards.

As for me, were I out for a particularly meaningful intellectual discussion, I wouldn't go to a board dedicated to sore feet!!!

Nancy N on 12/10/02 at 18:41 (102619)

Surely I don't post often enough anymore to be considered one of the 'G8,' but I suppose anything is possible in this strange world of cliques and clubs and who knows, maybe a secret society or two? And Carole, I have to say that I know you have made me laugh on several occasions, so I should not worry about being funny if I were you!

Now, this bit about the underwear on the head on Tuesdays, I dunno 'bout that. Tuesday is 'Purple day' where I work, though I confess I rarely wear purple on Tuesdays because I can't stand to give in to that much groupthink. Underwear on the head is novel, though. Might get me fired...!

nancy s. on 12/10/02 at 19:21 (102629)

oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, nancy: carole, you have made me laugh also -- most recently at the mental picture of a 14-year-old reading Scientific American from cover to cover. this may go on today all over the place, of course, but in our day . . . you were unusual. i didn't read Scientific American until i was about 28. but late bloomers must suffer these failings, and i do so silently except here on the board.

on this these-days out-of-control message board (per wendy), anything seems to go. i have to stop myself from revealing all sorts of things no one wants to know about, even myself.

paula, you're a kique and, i might add, the most out of control of all. get a gripue (not now -- maybe in 2093).

nancy

pala on 12/10/02 at 19:53 (102634)

did someone a few messages ago said they'd get fired if wore underwear to work. everyone here understands i'm joking surely. do i need one of those labels like do not light your mattress on fire or use pillow stuffing to stuff the turkey? its a joke. you know. yuque, yuque.

Nancy N on 12/10/02 at 20:03 (102635)

Yeah, it was me, and I was joking right back atcha :)

wendyn on 12/10/02 at 20:12 (102636)

I dunno bout you guys, but where I work...everyone just assumes you're wearing underwear.

pala on 12/10/02 at 20:17 (102638)

ah if i knew it was you i'd of known you got it. :)

Nancy N on 12/10/02 at 20:21 (102639)

I shall take that as a high compliment! :)

john h on 12/11/02 at 10:16 (102707)

What is Scientific American? Does it have anything to do with Dr. Spock and the Starship Enterprise?

nancy s. on 12/11/02 at 15:56 (102739)

yes, john. it's a magazine conceived, written, and published by mr. spock. he did this before he was born, does this while he is living, and will continue to do this after he's dead.
nancy

john h on 12/11/02 at 18:23 (102763)

Nancy: Do you think Dr. Spock learned his 'mind meld' reading Scientific American. I would like to a mind meld on some of you. Would that be something or what. I could learn why Wendy reads backwards.

nancy s. on 12/11/02 at 18:34 (102767)

i don't know, john. i never heard of a 'mind meld,' and the only thing i know about mr spock is his name. i thought i could get away with impersonating a trekkie for one tiny little post, but noooooooo.

nancy

wendyn on 12/11/02 at 22:58 (102783)

I read backwards because I can skim all of the posts really fast.

I really find it works okay. It is not that confusing for me. I normally have strange ways of doing things.

The main thing is that it's fast...you should try it.

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 07:21 (102793)

but wendy -- you can also skim the posts really fast using 'view all,' only faster than 'reverse,' it would seem to me, since you're not reading responses before you're reading the original posts.

i don't have anything against backwards; i'm left-handed for one thing and do a lot of things kind of backwards (or maybe sideways, who knows). but reading responses before the reading the posts they're responding to, which i've done a few times, left me in partial darkness.

if you love it, i'm not trying to change your mind -- just trying to understand it!

nancy

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 07:27 (102794)

i still have no clue how to go back and edit out the extra 'the' i typed in there.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 07:55 (102797)

What about going commando on thursdays?

wendyn on 12/12/02 at 08:07 (102798)

You should have to go commando on Wednesdays (since you wear the underwear on your head on Tuesday)

wendyn on 12/12/02 at 08:08 (102799)

Nancy - if I use 'view all' - don't I see all the messages?

I only want to see the newest ones.

If I'm really confused by a response, I just hit the view thread button.

I dunno, I've always done it this way (I used to use view messages since your last visit) - so I'm stuck with it now!

dave r on 12/12/02 at 08:11 (102800)

Lets see........Underwear on your head on tuesday, commando on wednesday, what about the rest of the week? The weekend has to be a killer...

Julie on 12/12/02 at 09:19 (102805)

But Wendy, I'm sure by by 'view all' Nancy means 'since your last visit'. Anyway, that's what I meant, and I was going to say the same thing. If you use that facility, you see all the messages that have been posted since you last checked in and you see them in order and it's just as quick as 'reverse'.

Now I'm really confused. Must be the underwear on my head.

Nancy, if you want to correct a post you have to put your email address in the 'optional and hidden box' so that your own posts, as well as posts from others in the same thread, are emailed to you. Then you can alter them.

Julie on 12/12/02 at 09:26 (102809)

Wendy, I've just checked the message board home page. There are three options.

Index of All Heel Pain Messages
Messages Posted Since Your Last Visit
Reverse Order

There is no 'View All'.

If you thought we meant 'Index of all Heel Pain Messsages', yes, that would be tedious, since it involves clicking on each title to read the message.

Messages Posted Since Your Last Visit gives you just that - the opportunity to read them fast in the right order.

Now my brain is tired so I'm going to go stand on my head.

pala on 12/12/02 at 09:27 (102810)

hello. the cows are rebelling in atlanta and my clique mates are going commando!! on saturday it's moon pies, with a quartz crystal embedded in it, to communicate with the star parents from alpha centurai. wear this anywhere on your person. sunday is up for grabs.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 09:32 (102811)

I cant see myself wearing underwear on my head while watching football on Sunday. Although if anyone has had any luck with this procedure regrowing their hair back then i will try it.

pala on 12/12/02 at 09:33 (102812)

i'm gratified to see underwear on the head has finally caught on here. it was starting to get kind of lonely keeping up this ancient and profound ritual all alone tuesday after tuesday. commando huh? o.k. (what does commando mean? i have gotten kind of addled since the cow takeover). i can sneak a message in here whenever they graze.

JudyS on 12/12/02 at 10:49 (102816)

Wendy - for me the 'view all' choice only gives me the posts made since my last access.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 11:42 (102821)

Commando: to wear no underwear at all:)))

pala on 12/12/02 at 11:52 (102822)

the revolutionary cows support that. they say they never have and never will wear underwear.

dave r on 12/12/02 at 11:53 (102823)

long live the cows!

pala on 12/12/02 at 12:08 (102824)

i , on the other hand am wondering if the clique, cult, bunch or gaggle that i have introduced here is not deteriorating from it's original sacred and transcendent purpose. do i sniff a schism? that would be a schame.

pala on 12/12/02 at 12:15 (102825)

dave, we cows sense a true comrad in you. we are udderly impressed!

dave r on 12/12/02 at 12:21 (102826)

Thats funny pala!

pala on 12/12/02 at 12:38 (102828)

we revolutionary cows are just about ready to gag paula with the underwear we found on her head. we advise you not to encourage her or the word play and puns will never end. she is driving us crazy . we are almost ready to abandon our revolutionary mooovement.

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 17:00 (102838)

but julie -- doesn't that mean i have to decide beforehand that i'm going to make a mistake and want to edit my post?

the description of the two functions is what i was trying to get across to wendy. long ago it was called 'view all messages since last visit.' i never realized the wording had changed. habit habit habit.

wendy, when it was all one board i think my outdated wording was what scott had up there. maybe when the board got divided up you thought that function had disappeared? or maybe you want to remain backwards, and more power to you. also, good luck in the long term! around the age of 48 you might want to reconsider muddling your brain any further than necessary.

nancy

nancy s. on 12/12/02 at 17:02 (102839)

paula, do you happen to sell a dictionary of definitions for your language? as long as it doesn't cost more than $7.50, i will purchase.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 12/12/02 at 18:34 (102847)

But Wednesdays are Senior Citizens Discount Days at my grocery store, so I always go shopping on Wednesdays. I get 5% off, and the store is packed with senior citizens. Can you imagine a grocery story full of senior citizens all going commando? It would be even stranger than it already is.

Carole C :)

wendyn on 12/12/02 at 19:48 (102850)

Nancy - I have to say that I am SO happy reading backwards...I have no intention of changing.

(My brain does not seem to process things the same way that it should - this is proven over and over again.)

I'm pretty weird.

Nancy N on 12/12/02 at 19:57 (102852)

Wendy, didn't anybody ever tell you that weird = cool? :)

Julie on 12/13/02 at 03:38 (102873)

Nancy, once you enter your email address in the box, it stays until you remove it. While it's there, ALL posts in ALL threads you post in including your own turn up in your inbox. Then you can check and edit your posts.

But at the rate posts about moon pies, cow pies, feather trees, snowflakes, and backward reading, not to mention underwear, are pouring forth, you'd have about 254 emails a day. You might not welcome that. I removed my email address recently because it was too time-consuming even to delete all the posts I knew I was going to read on the board anyway. That means I can't edit my posts, which isn't very nice of me as it was me amongst others who asked Scott to reinstate it (sorry, Scott). When the current hilarity recedes a bit I will put it back, so I can edit my more Momentously Serious posts (which I've noticed always have mistakes in them).

If I haven't explained this clearly, just type your email address in the box and see what happens.

nancy s. on 12/13/02 at 05:16 (102879)

carole, what is this senior-citizen business, in your fifties? are you guys older down there in louisiana?
nancy

nancy s. on 12/13/02 at 05:19 (102880)

thanks, julie. i'm trying it right now with this post. i will probably be sorry, but you never know.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 12/13/02 at 08:28 (102900)

Strange, isn't it?

I don't know, but apparently 54 is old enough to get a discount at most places around here. I get discounts at restaurants, for groceries, and for a lot of stuff now. They don't even ask to see my license because my hair is so, um, silver by now.

When I turned 50, my mother gave me an AARP membership. I threw it away because I didn't feel like a senior. I still don't, but by now I've decided not to turn my nose up at the discounts any more.

Carole C

Kathy G on 12/13/02 at 08:48 (102905)

Not me, boy, any discount they offer I'll take it! Around here, they don't give senior discounts to anyone until they hit 55. We used to have an Ames in our town, which sadly recently closed. Tuesday was senior discount day and I forgot a few times and went there on a Tuesday. I nearly got run over by some of those sweet, white-haired 55+'s! They truly believed in the motto, 'Shop till you drop,' but took it a step further. They didn't care who dropped!

Seriously, the AARP has a magazine called 'My Generation' or something like that. It has some pretty good articles in it. I don't know what age you have to be for them to stop sending it. My sister is 60 and she doesn't get it. I guess you have to be a mere child of 53 to qualify!

john h on 12/13/02 at 09:50 (102916)

Wendy: Actually there are many people who read magazines back to front. Sometimes I do. I usually do with Newsweek because I always liked Meg Greenberg's editorial before she passed on and it was always on the back page. Of course some cultures write right to left.

JudyS on 12/13/02 at 12:28 (102939)

NancyS - around here (Calif.) age 55 is considered 'senior' for discount purposes in retail and restaurants.

JudyS on 12/13/02 at 12:31 (102940)

That's a good point, John h - I tend to look at magazines back-to-front because of my left-handedness.

nancy s. on 12/13/02 at 17:34 (102978)

well i'm looking forward to 54 or 55 more than i thought.

so, do they discount houses, insurance, trucks, furnaces, electric bills? how about free cable for us hobblers (due to age, that is!)? how about free dump stickers? and i'd like my grocery bills cut in half, please.

nancy

Re: Senior discounts

Carole C in NOLA on 12/13/02 at 19:30 (102996)

I get 5% off of my groceries but only on Wednesdays. It's kind of fun to go grocery shopping on Wednesdays, because it's almost all seniors.

Today at lunch I got a discount at the all you can eat Mexican buffet, which came to $5.72 including iced tea and tax, a savings of around $3.00. Also I went to a particular thrift shop for the first time, and it has a senior discount too, although I didn't happen to buy anything there today.

I am sort of a newbie when it comes to senior discounts. Nobody seemed to offer them to me until I turned 54. I'm sure there are more discounts out there. Bring 'em on!

Carole C