Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cirque du solei

Posted by Necee on 12/12/02 at 00:17 (102787)

Ok, here's another question for ya'll. Has anyone seen Cirque du solei perform? I'm thinking about getting some tickets for their show, they are rather expensive, and just wanted some feedback before I did.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Cirque du solei

Nancy N on 12/12/02 at 05:54 (102790)

Necee--

I haven't seen them, but I know Bravo sometimes shows them on TV. You could check your listings if you have Bravo on your cable. I think they also have some videos out and you could probably find one at a video store and take a look that way, if nobody else here has seen them.

carynz on 12/12/02 at 10:18 (102814)

Necee - Cirque du Soleil - circus of the sun - is a fabulous show not to be missed if you can see it. I took my children down to Seattle in October for the Dralion show (it was actually held in Renton) which was the acrobats and such which form part of the old ancient Chinese circus format. check out the website http://www.circue du soleil.com for lots of info on how to get the best ticket prices. I joined their club and got very good prices. They perform in a round setting and all the seating is great but we sat in the center about 20 rows back and had a wonderful view of the stage and you need to have the height to avoid straining your neck to look up when they perform everywhere. It's well worth it and would make a great christmas present! I did it for my son's birthday and we made an overnight stay out of the trip since it's only a 2 hour driver from our home in the Fraser Valley BC to Seattle area.

I hope you can take the opportunity and enjoy the show it's fantastic!

cheers Carynz

Sharon W on 12/12/02 at 11:26 (102820)

Necee,

I have seen Cirque du solei televised -- and I'd LOVE to see it in person! It's WONDERFUL! When/where is it showing -- will it be in the Dallas area?

Sharon

Necee on 12/12/02 at 12:39 (102829)

Thanks Caryn, for the great info, and to the rest of you for responding.
Sharon, they are going to be in Dallas from Jan 23 thru Feb 14 (I think).
I have always wanted to see them, but when I last checked, the tickets were going fast.
Caryn, did they perform in a huge tent when you saw them? I'm just concerned about picking out a good seating location. A few years back I bought some tickets for the drama 'Texas', and the seating was horrible, because of the stage set up we missed a lot of the show.
Thanks again ya'll.

Happy trails....

Necee

carynz on 12/12/02 at 13:05 (102830)

Necee,

yes they performed in a tent which is specifically constructed by their organization for their shows. All the seating is good but I'd be cautious about seats lower down at the sides of stage because you will certainly miss some movements. I fyou go onto the website you can go into visuals and see the inside of the tent and the seating configuration it's actually a real picture of the stage area and such which will give you a good idea. I was very pleased with our seats and would go again to a different performance. We have recently had a series on every Sunday night 7pm on CBC Television which ran 13 weeks and profiled Circue du Soleil from its inception in the 80's to how performers audition and what they must endure to make it to the final stages of being a circue performer. It's amazing to watch the steps unfold.

Cheers Caryn

Sharon W on 12/12/02 at 16:23 (102834)

Thanks, Necee. I will talk to my nephew in Grand Prarie about picking up some tickets for us. (We have a daughter at UT Arlington, but she doesn't have a car so she can't really get them unless they're being sold on campus.) Do you know where they need to go, to buy the tickets?

Sharon

Re: Thanks, Necee -- and one other question?

Sharon W on 12/12/02 at 16:29 (102836)

I see I accidentally posted this ABOVE yours, where you might not see it, so I'm re-posting:

Thanks, Necee. I will talk to my nephew in Grand Prarie about picking up some tickets for us. (We have a daughter at UT Arlington, but she doesn't have a car so she can't really get them unless they're being sold on campus.) Do you know where they need to go, to buy the tickets?

Sharon

Re: To Sharon~~~~ Re: Tickets

Necee on 12/12/02 at 23:52 (102870)

Sharon, you can purchase the tickets online http://www.cirquedusoleil.com
or call their toll free number : 1-800-678-5440.
Where do you live?

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: ~~Thanks Caryn~~

Necee on 12/12/02 at 23:59 (102871)

Caryn,
The info you gave me is greatly appreciated.
I want to buy tickets and give to my family for Christmas, I think it will be a nice thing to do, since it will be something we can all do as a family.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: To Necee~~~~ Re: Tickets

Sharon W on 12/13/02 at 09:17 (102913)

Woodway. We'll be driving to Dallas tomorrow to pick up the daughter at UT Arlington, but you said the tickets were going fast and I wanted to get them ASAP!

Thanks again, Necee!

Sharon

Re: To Sharon ~~~~ Re: Tickets

Necee on 12/13/02 at 15:39 (102966)

Hey Sharon, they are coming to Houston in March, and also Austin.
Maybe that would be closer for you, I don't know where Woodway is.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: To Necee

Sharon W on 12/13/02 at 20:48 (103005)

Necee,

Woodway is not far from Waco, and about the same distance from both Dallas and Austin. But thanks for the info!

Sharon

Nancy N on 12/12/02 at 05:54 (102790)

Necee--

I haven't seen them, but I know Bravo sometimes shows them on TV. You could check your listings if you have Bravo on your cable. I think they also have some videos out and you could probably find one at a video store and take a look that way, if nobody else here has seen them.

carynz on 12/12/02 at 10:18 (102814)

Necee - Cirque du Soleil - circus of the sun - is a fabulous show not to be missed if you can see it. I took my children down to Seattle in October for the Dralion show (it was actually held in Renton) which was the acrobats and such which form part of the old ancient Chinese circus format. check out the website http://www.circue du soleil.com for lots of info on how to get the best ticket prices. I joined their club and got very good prices. They perform in a round setting and all the seating is great but we sat in the center about 20 rows back and had a wonderful view of the stage and you need to have the height to avoid straining your neck to look up when they perform everywhere. It's well worth it and would make a great christmas present! I did it for my son's birthday and we made an overnight stay out of the trip since it's only a 2 hour driver from our home in the Fraser Valley BC to Seattle area.

I hope you can take the opportunity and enjoy the show it's fantastic!

cheers Carynz

Sharon W on 12/12/02 at 11:26 (102820)

Necee,

I have seen Cirque du solei televised -- and I'd LOVE to see it in person! It's WONDERFUL! When/where is it showing -- will it be in the Dallas area?

Sharon

Necee on 12/12/02 at 12:39 (102829)

Thanks Caryn, for the great info, and to the rest of you for responding.
Sharon, they are going to be in Dallas from Jan 23 thru Feb 14 (I think).
I have always wanted to see them, but when I last checked, the tickets were going fast.
Caryn, did they perform in a huge tent when you saw them? I'm just concerned about picking out a good seating location. A few years back I bought some tickets for the drama 'Texas', and the seating was horrible, because of the stage set up we missed a lot of the show.
Thanks again ya'll.

Happy trails....

Necee

carynz on 12/12/02 at 13:05 (102830)

Necee,

yes they performed in a tent which is specifically constructed by their organization for their shows. All the seating is good but I'd be cautious about seats lower down at the sides of stage because you will certainly miss some movements. I fyou go onto the website you can go into visuals and see the inside of the tent and the seating configuration it's actually a real picture of the stage area and such which will give you a good idea. I was very pleased with our seats and would go again to a different performance. We have recently had a series on every Sunday night 7pm on CBC Television which ran 13 weeks and profiled Circue du Soleil from its inception in the 80's to how performers audition and what they must endure to make it to the final stages of being a circue performer. It's amazing to watch the steps unfold.

Cheers Caryn

Sharon W on 12/12/02 at 16:23 (102834)

Sharon

Re: Thanks, Necee -- and one other question?

Sharon W on 12/12/02 at 16:29 (102836)

I see I accidentally posted this ABOVE yours, where you might not see it, so I'm re-posting:

Sharon

Re: To Sharon~~~~ Re: Tickets

Necee on 12/12/02 at 23:52 (102870)

Sharon, you can purchase the tickets online http://www.cirquedusoleil.com
or call their toll free number : 1-800-678-5440.
Where do you live?

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: ~~Thanks Caryn~~

Necee on 12/12/02 at 23:59 (102871)

Caryn,
The info you gave me is greatly appreciated.
I want to buy tickets and give to my family for Christmas, I think it will be a nice thing to do, since it will be something we can all do as a family.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: To Necee~~~~ Re: Tickets

Sharon W on 12/13/02 at 09:17 (102913)

Woodway. We'll be driving to Dallas tomorrow to pick up the daughter at UT Arlington, but you said the tickets were going fast and I wanted to get them ASAP!

Thanks again, Necee!

Sharon

Re: To Sharon ~~~~ Re: Tickets

Necee on 12/13/02 at 15:39 (102966)

Hey Sharon, they are coming to Houston in March, and also Austin.
Maybe that would be closer for you, I don't know where Woodway is.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: To Necee

Sharon W on 12/13/02 at 20:48 (103005)

Necee,

Woodway is not far from Waco, and about the same distance from both Dallas and Austin. But thanks for the info!

Sharon