Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis

Posted by stella w on 12/13/02 at 04:10 (102875)

i'm in the mititary and devoloped plantar fasciitis after a ten mile road march at the end of basic training. i have been to a podiatrist and was given custom inserts. using these inserts on a day to day basis i still feel pain. i have done for many months, the usual treatments for my pain, anti-inflamatory medicines, ice, stretching, rest and strengthining to no relief. what do you recomend?

Re: plantar fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/02 at 13:26 (102946)

I would recommend ESWT if the pain has been going on for six months or more. This is very effective and is non-invasive. If you would like additional information or our ESWT informatonal packet just ask or e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)

Bernice T. on 12/14/02 at 22:31 (103153)

Three years ago I had Plantar Fasciitis. I got orthotics made and bought and wore Birkenstock(?) shoes. In a short time it went away. I now have it once again and have tried both these things and find nothing helps. I have had an x-ray and there is a bone spur. I find it difficult not to be able to walk and exercise without having a very painful heel. Do you have any ideas? I do have a prescription for anti-inflammatory drugs but prefer not to fill it if I don't have to. Thanking you in advance for any help.

Mrs. T.

Mike P on 12/15/02 at 21:56 (103249)

Have an MRI done to get the accurate diagnosis so that you can do the proper treatment. I have heel pain for 15 months and have done everything this site has recommended. I have also seen 4 podiatrist and they all say too wait it out.....get an MRI to start taking immediate action. My best to you...

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/02 at 13:26 (102946)

I would recommend ESWT if the pain has been going on for six months or more. This is very effective and is non-invasive. If you would like additional information or our ESWT informatonal packet just ask or e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)

Bernice T. on 12/14/02 at 22:31 (103153)

Three years ago I had Plantar Fasciitis. I got orthotics made and bought and wore Birkenstock(?) shoes. In a short time it went away. I now have it once again and have tried both these things and find nothing helps. I have had an x-ray and there is a bone spur. I find it difficult not to be able to walk and exercise without having a very painful heel. Do you have any ideas? I do have a prescription for anti-inflammatory drugs but prefer not to fill it if I don't have to. Thanking you in advance for any help.

Mrs. T.

Mike P on 12/15/02 at 21:56 (103249)

Have an MRI done to get the accurate diagnosis so that you can do the proper treatment. I have heel pain for 15 months and have done everything this site has recommended. I have also seen 4 podiatrist and they all say too wait it out.....get an MRI to start taking immediate action. My best to you...