Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Parades and Squeegee's

Posted by Pauline on 12/14/02 at 08:37 (103033)

Now here is a thought. If there are enough of us we could form the first 'Ladies Squeegee Corps' and march in various parades. Using our bright shiny brass handled squeegees we could demonstrate some of our famous 'window' moves as we march. Additional twirling tricks would be a must.

I personally would vote for white costumes with gold trim to match our brass squeegee handles.

Re: Parades and Squeegee's

Nancy N on 12/14/02 at 08:51 (103036)

Would there be a Squeegee Major to lead the proceedings? Or would they be too occupied with the Squeegee Drum Corps to be much help to the rest of us? I think we absolutely have to have some sort of marching band in order to have a proper parade, don't you think?

Pauline on 12/14/02 at 09:04 (103040)

Nancy,
All parades have plenty of marching bands. We would just march ahead of one of them. I'm patterning our Ladies Squeegee Corps after the group of
business men we have in our Thanksgiving Day Parade. They march dressed in business suits, carry a brief case and wear a santa hat. Every now and then they do tricks with their brief cases or do side steps changing positions etc.

Hay if these guys can do it, what's wrong with a Ladies Squeegee Corps?
Lets make this thing real. Don't you want to be known for something?
Think of the royalities when we launch our own line of Squeegees. After that what woman would want to buy a man's style squeegee?

Nancy N on 12/14/02 at 09:07 (103041)

I like the whole girl-power theme, but it seems a shame to exclude fine folks like John H and Richard. Maybe we could have a men's auxiliary?? ;)

Pauline on 12/14/02 at 09:09 (103045)

Just as there are 'Batt Boys' I see no problem with offering them Squeegee
Boy positions:*)

Nancy N on 12/14/02 at 09:13 (103046)

There ya go! Sounds good to me!!

nancy s. on 12/14/02 at 17:20 (103118)

i like the parade idea, but:

(1) can some of us carry something lower tech, like a dustcloth from the 1930s?

(2) i look really bad in white. may i wear my green night shirt, black sweat pants, green socks, and black cooper birks with red shoelaces?

thank you.

nancy

Nancy N on 12/14/02 at 08:51 (103036)

Would there be a Squeegee Major to lead the proceedings? Or would they be too occupied with the Squeegee Drum Corps to be much help to the rest of us? I think we absolutely have to have some sort of marching band in order to have a proper parade, don't you think?

Pauline on 12/14/02 at 09:04 (103040)

Nancy,
All parades have plenty of marching bands. We would just march ahead of one of them. I'm patterning our Ladies Squeegee Corps after the group of
business men we have in our Thanksgiving Day Parade. They march dressed in business suits, carry a brief case and wear a santa hat. Every now and then they do tricks with their brief cases or do side steps changing positions etc.

Hay if these guys can do it, what's wrong with a Ladies Squeegee Corps?
Lets make this thing real. Don't you want to be known for something?
Think of the royalities when we launch our own line of Squeegees. After that what woman would want to buy a man's style squeegee?

Nancy N on 12/14/02 at 09:07 (103041)

I like the whole girl-power theme, but it seems a shame to exclude fine folks like John H and Richard. Maybe we could have a men's auxiliary?? ;)

Pauline on 12/14/02 at 09:09 (103045)

Just as there are 'Batt Boys' I see no problem with offering them Squeegee
Boy positions:*)

Nancy N on 12/14/02 at 09:13 (103046)

There ya go! Sounds good to me!!

nancy s. on 12/14/02 at 17:20 (103118)

i like the parade idea, but:

(1) can some of us carry something lower tech, like a dustcloth from the 1930s?

(2) i look really bad in white. may i wear my green night shirt, black sweat pants, green socks, and black cooper birks with red shoelaces?

thank you.

nancy