Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Refresh Button

Posted by Julie on 12/15/02 at 02:38 (103168)

I want to thank Suzanne for explaining the refresh button, but I can't find her post amidst the welter of spider webs, schleps and squeegees so I am starting a new thread.

Thanks, Suzanne! That is going to be useful. I've always backed out of the board to see what's happened while I've been reading, and this is much quicker.

I might even be able to use the few seconds I save to get something else done once in a while! :*)

Re: The Refresh Button

Suzanne D on 12/15/02 at 07:23 (103171)

You're quite welcome, Julie! Actually, I can't take credit for figuring it out; my daughter taught me. But it does save time, as you said.

In case anyone is wondering what this is all about, I copied below what I posted earlier in response to a question:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...When I read the boards, I click on the 'Index' choice of the particular board I want to read, and then I see all the subject titles and persons who have posted on that page of threads. Then I click on the subject to read the post.

If I've been reading or posting for awhile, I click on the refresh button, and then any new messages which have been posted while I was reading show up after the screen is 'refreshed'. The other way I could see new posts is to 'back out' of the board to the menu section and then click again on 'index'.

Hope I didn't confuse you more by my explanation!

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 12/16/02 at 09:09 (103271)

suzanne, your explanation was great and means i'll save time, and finger-tapping on the table too. thank you!
nancy

Suzanne D on 12/15/02 at 07:23 (103171)

You're quite welcome, Julie! Actually, I can't take credit for figuring it out; my daughter taught me. But it does save time, as you said.

In case anyone is wondering what this is all about, I copied below what I posted earlier in response to a question:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...When I read the boards, I click on the 'Index' choice of the particular board I want to read, and then I see all the subject titles and persons who have posted on that page of threads. Then I click on the subject to read the post.

If I've been reading or posting for awhile, I click on the refresh button, and then any new messages which have been posted while I was reading show up after the screen is 'refreshed'. The other way I could see new posts is to 'back out' of the board to the menu section and then click again on 'index'.

Hope I didn't confuse you more by my explanation!

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 12/16/02 at 09:09 (103271)

suzanne, your explanation was great and means i'll save time, and finger-tapping on the table too. thank you!
nancy