Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

curling toes and intense side foot pain to ankle...

Posted by Leslie on 12/16/02 at 09:16 (103276)

I am having tts surgery a week from today... The more I read, the more nervous I get. I have intense pain throughout my foot and ankle, extending up my calf into my knee. The arch of my foot and ankle are the worse spots. I also notice my big toe hurts extremely bad causing my toes to somewhat curl. Has anyone else had similar symptoms? I was also wondering if anyone had used hydrotherapy or the hot cold technique and if it was working for them. The only way I can get thru my PT is if I practically FREEZE my ankle and foot. And sleeping has become non exsistant due to pain - unless I want to pack a towel with ice packs - then i get about 2 hrs sleep tops...
Thanks,
Leslie

Re: curling toes and intense side foot pain to ankle...

Sharon W on 12/16/02 at 10:38 (103288)

Ask your Dr. for Ambien to help you sleep until the ankle/foot problem is better. When you're low on sleep, it makes EVERYTHING worse...

By the way, except for the curling toes, all of those symptoms sound familiar to me.

I have used the hot/cold technique (it's called 'contrast baths') and that did seem to help.

Good luck with your TTS surgery! (I do not regret mine.)

Sharon

Yola J on 12/17/02 at 10:12 (103388)

Can I talk to you asap? I am writing an article about TTS and would like to interview you. I work at Discovery Channel Canada for their online site, EXN.ca.
Please email me at (email removed) asap if you are interested.
I am on a deadline and am looking for something inflicted with this syndrome to talk to.
Thanks.

carmen on 1/13/03 at 19:11 (105413)

ASk about Charcot Marie Tooth disease

Sharon W on 12/16/02 at 10:38 (103288)

Ask your Dr. for Ambien to help you sleep until the ankle/foot problem is better. When you're low on sleep, it makes EVERYTHING worse...

By the way, except for the curling toes, all of those symptoms sound familiar to me.

I have used the hot/cold technique (it's called 'contrast baths') and that did seem to help.

Good luck with your TTS surgery! (I do not regret mine.)

Sharon

Yola J on 12/17/02 at 10:12 (103388)

Can I talk to you asap? I am writing an article about TTS and would like to interview you. I work at Discovery Channel Canada for their online site, EXN.ca.
Please email me at (email removed) asap if you are interested.
I am on a deadline and am looking for something inflicted with this syndrome to talk to.
Thanks.

carmen on 1/13/03 at 19:11 (105413)

ASk about Charcot Marie Tooth disease