Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Excersies for a heel spur

Posted by bob s. on 12/16/02 at 13:26 (103302)

just got one in my left foot two months ago and I decided to do toe raises with 60lbs of free weights on my back which I believe helps stretch the calf. it seems to have improved my pain. does this excercise really help, have others tried it, or is coincidental that the pain is subsiding at the same time I have tried this excercise?

Re: Excersies for a heel spur

monte on 12/16/02 at 13:35 (103303)

bob

i got my bilateral PF from doing heavy calf raises 2 years ago. You may want to try nonweight bearing strectches...it is up to you.

sandy h on 12/17/02 at 01:11 (103369)

Too many toe raises did me in. Remember that when you walk you are rolling forward with your weight when you toe off and rarely have to actually lift your whole weight let alone your weight plus some onto your toes.

monte on 12/16/02 at 13:35 (103303)

bob

i got my bilateral PF from doing heavy calf raises 2 years ago. You may want to try nonweight bearing strectches...it is up to you.

sandy h on 12/17/02 at 01:11 (103369)

Too many toe raises did me in. Remember that when you walk you are rolling forward with your weight when you toe off and rarely have to actually lift your whole weight let alone your weight plus some onto your toes.