Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It happens every Christmas......

Posted by Kathy G on 12/17/02 at 17:18 (103429)

I make these cakes for friends and members of the family. They freeze well so I made three today and now it's supper time and I'm not hungry at all due to all the tasting I did! I bet I ingest more calories when I'm making them than I do when I actually have one in the house for us to eat!

Yes, I was careful and didn't contaminate the batter. Actually, I just left a much thicker layer on each bowl than I should have so I could have a lot more to lick after they were in the oven!

And none of them got stuck in the pans so it was successful all the way around. Guess I'll just eat a salad and a sandwich and figure that my major meal was cake batter!

That's really why I like to bake - I like to lick the bowls!

Re: It happens every Christmas......

Necee on 12/17/02 at 22:48 (103450)

My main concern about licking the bowls would be, ingesting raw eggs, and the possibility of salmanella (sp?). Someone mentioned that to me several years ago, and I haven't licked the bowls since.

Happy trails...

Necee

Julie on 12/18/02 at 00:51 (103458)

Me too, Kathy!

Yummmmmm...

john h on 12/18/02 at 11:02 (103480)

I am like Mike Neece I eat anything, lick bowls, spoons, etc

Necee on 12/17/02 at 22:48 (103450)

My main concern about licking the bowls would be, ingesting raw eggs, and the possibility of salmanella (sp?). Someone mentioned that to me several years ago, and I haven't licked the bowls since.

Happy trails...

Necee

Julie on 12/18/02 at 00:51 (103458)

Me too, Kathy!

Yummmmmm...

john h on 12/18/02 at 11:02 (103480)

I am like Mike Neece I eat anything, lick bowls, spoons, etc