Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bayshore ESWT-- 4 weeks post treatment

Posted by Amy in Va Bch on 12/20/02 at 09:37 (103590)

I am back to give followup on my progress following my ESWT & LILT (low intensity laser therapy) treatment at the Bayshore ESWT Pain Clinic, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I have increased my activities since my last update on 12/4/02. It has been difficult for me since I have the sacroilliltis in my left lower back. Increased activity greatly increases my back pain. However, I have HAD to get around more since there have been MUST DO's that we all know about that we can avoid only so long. You know, errands, housecleaning (ouch in the back, big time), increased driving, etc...I have noticed in the last few days that during activity my R heel, PF pain level has increased to about a level 3 during activity and 0 during inactivity.

What has added to my problem is that my Osteopath relocated to Miami. I can tell you what has been our loss here in Virginia Beach, has been Miami's gain. I am unable to find an Osteopath who does spinal manipulations. I had to suspend my back treatments until I attended to the PF problem since my greatly exaggerated gait only exacerbated my sacroilliac pain. So I called for an appointment as soon as I returned from Canada on Noember 19. That is when I got the awful news that she was the one and only doc at the practice that does the 'high velocity' spinal manipulations. Oh no!!!

So I saw my orthopaedist and he sent me to the PT at my requesst and prescribed an IFC (interferential current) unit that I suggested. That is, from what I have researched, a high-powered Tens unit. I will be trialing that for a month. That will buy me some time to find an Osteopath. I am out of luck in the Tidewater area of Virginia Beach. I guess I will have to find myself another message board. This back is KILLING me.

Interestingly enough, I have read some postings on the board from others who also suffer lower back pain too. If anyone knows of a kickbutt Osteopath, please let me know. I certainly want to address this issue. The good news is the AM pain 'cold foot' is gone. That right there is great! Again, I am thankful for the attention and care I received from Cori and Sunny at Bayshore.

I will be back to let you know how I am doing and to see if anyone can turn me in the direction of an osteopath with the experience I have described here.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Amy

Re: Bayshore ESWT-- 4 weeks post treatment

BrianG on 12/20/02 at 18:08 (103651)

Hi Amy,

I'm happy to hear that your heels are still holding up. I can't help you find an Osteopath, but I do know of an excellent message board that will probably be of help. Send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the link.
(email removed)

Good luck
BrianG

Julie C. on 12/28/02 at 19:22 (104185)

Amy,

Was your sacroiliac pain the result of your PF and/or the treatment? I had ESWT on 12/10/02 and then on 12/17/02 was at work and developed incapacitating back spasms that were diagnosed as sacroiliac dysfunction. My chiropractor attributed it to a change in gait related to pain, numbness etc. in the left foot (I only have PF on the left). Have you heard of this being a common problem related to the PF or the ESWT? Anyone else?

Thanks,
Julie C.

BrianG on 12/20/02 at 18:08 (103651)

Hi Amy,

I'm happy to hear that your heels are still holding up. I can't help you find an Osteopath, but I do know of an excellent message board that will probably be of help. Send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the link.
(email removed)

Good luck
BrianG

Julie C. on 12/28/02 at 19:22 (104185)

Amy,

Was your sacroiliac pain the result of your PF and/or the treatment? I had ESWT on 12/10/02 and then on 12/17/02 was at work and developed incapacitating back spasms that were diagnosed as sacroiliac dysfunction. My chiropractor attributed it to a change in gait related to pain, numbness etc. in the left foot (I only have PF on the left). Have you heard of this being a common problem related to the PF or the ESWT? Anyone else?

Thanks,
Julie C.