Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks with rhinestones

Posted by Pauline on 12/21/02 at 14:57 (103707)

Remember last year how many of us were looking for those 'special' holiday shoes that wouldn't kill our feet, but didn't make us look like we were wearing 'Orthopedic Mary Janes' in the candle light?

Well, ladies I've seen Birks with rhinestones on the upper straps or toe box. I don't remember them last year. Maybe someone pointed it out, but for what it's worth if you can wear Birks you can get them with rhinestone trim.

Maybe not exactly our idea of stylish, but hay any port in a storm.

Instead of wearing that dress how about a nice pair of velvet slacks and your Birks with rhinestones?

Have a great holiday season and to all a healthy, happy, New Year.

Re: Birks with rhinestones

nancy s. on 12/21/02 at 16:59 (103709)

yes, there are fancier birks than ever out there. i hope no one who has to wear birks feels anymore like they're wearing ugly shoes. birks are beautiful in every sense!

you can dress up your own plain birks too, folks. i'm not too fancy, so i have red shoelaces wound through mine right now. but i run into all kinds of stuff that could be used to dress up birks -- old sparkly shoe clips, old clip earrings, nice ribbons, cool buttons, and so on. have fun with 'em!

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/02 at 10:26 (103742)

Rhinestones just aren't quite my style, but I'm glad that people who really like rhinestones can even find Birkenstocks with them.

I don't mind the looks of my Grenadas and Fuldas, but they would look a little better if they did not stick out past my toes quite so far. A heel strap would look better too, if I was going to wear them outside of the house. I have to admit that it's easier to slip in them without one, though. If I EVER wear out my five pairs of Birkenstocks, and if I'm still without pain, I might get some of those Clarks sandals that I used to love so much a few years before PF.

Carole C

Julie on 12/22/02 at 11:35 (103749)

But Carole, Birks don't wear out, so why don't you give yourself a pair of Clarks for Christmas :-) !!

Break them in gently, though...

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/02 at 14:17 (103760)

Hmm! I could do that. Good idea! Or, I could give myself a pair of Clarks sandals for my next birthday, which is in June. :)

Carole C

Julie on 12/22/02 at 16:27 (103776)

Or both???? Why not? Enjoy your Cajun dinner tonight, Carole - I'm just off to bed, it being 10.30 here.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/02 at 17:21 (103779)

Thanks, I will! Good night, Julie! :)

Carole C

nancy s. on 12/21/02 at 16:59 (103709)

yes, there are fancier birks than ever out there. i hope no one who has to wear birks feels anymore like they're wearing ugly shoes. birks are beautiful in every sense!

you can dress up your own plain birks too, folks. i'm not too fancy, so i have red shoelaces wound through mine right now. but i run into all kinds of stuff that could be used to dress up birks -- old sparkly shoe clips, old clip earrings, nice ribbons, cool buttons, and so on. have fun with 'em!

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/02 at 10:26 (103742)

Rhinestones just aren't quite my style, but I'm glad that people who really like rhinestones can even find Birkenstocks with them.

I don't mind the looks of my Grenadas and Fuldas, but they would look a little better if they did not stick out past my toes quite so far. A heel strap would look better too, if I was going to wear them outside of the house. I have to admit that it's easier to slip in them without one, though. If I EVER wear out my five pairs of Birkenstocks, and if I'm still without pain, I might get some of those Clarks sandals that I used to love so much a few years before PF.

Carole C

Julie on 12/22/02 at 11:35 (103749)

But Carole, Birks don't wear out, so why don't you give yourself a pair of Clarks for Christmas :-) !!

Break them in gently, though...

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/02 at 14:17 (103760)

Hmm! I could do that. Good idea! Or, I could give myself a pair of Clarks sandals for my next birthday, which is in June. :)

Carole C

Julie on 12/22/02 at 16:27 (103776)

Or both???? Why not? Enjoy your Cajun dinner tonight, Carole - I'm just off to bed, it being 10.30 here.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/02 at 17:21 (103779)

Thanks, I will! Good night, Julie! :)

Carole C