Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help is here!

Posted by RUSSELL F on 12/26/02 at 01:09 (104010)

Regardless of every thing that you have read, or have been told by doctors, or, so-called experts on PF, you can be cured so easily you won't believe it!

I am a pharmacist, who was in extreme pain from PF for approx. 2 years until a friend of a friend, who is a chiropractor told me to buy a pair of high-heeled cowboy boots and wear them continuously for a week and a half and your problem will be solved. Well, I was rather ruluctant to do this because it sounded so ridiculous, but it worked, not only for me, but also a pharmacist friend of mine.

Think about it---it stretches the bands in your feet, and by doing so relieves the pain of PF. It is not a fix, but a cure! You have nothing to lose except maybe $100.00, and every thing to gain. It really does work. You have to wear the boots continuously for 1 1/2 weeks. You will not see improvement during that time, but only after that time. I no longer have PF. I got rid of it about 7 years ago. Russell Fonvielle--
(email removed) If anyone else reads this and wants to contact me concerning PF, I will be more than happy to communicate with you. For so much pain---such a simple solution!!!

Re: Help is here!

wendyn on 12/26/02 at 10:55 (104025)

Hmmm - I think the cowboy boots might help - but not because they 'stretch the bands of your feet'. I would suspect that the heel lift takes some of the strain off to allow healing to occur for some folks.

A good thing to try, but I wouldn't bet the farm on a cure determined from a sample size of 2!!

jan H on 12/26/02 at 19:25 (104063)

This does work for a lot of people-for me, it worked for about a year, and now doesn't work anymore.

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/27/02 at 20:44 (104139)

Jan:
Cowboy boots lift the heel and support the arch, relxing the plantar fascia so they can help in the short term. The problem with wearing elevated heels over an extended period of time is tightening of the heel cords and sometimes, low back pain.
Ed

Pauline on 12/30/02 at 19:52 (104338)

Dr. Davis,
Can't the heel cords be continually stretched with gentle stretches and exercise? I thought keeping everything stretched from the hip down was part of the treatment for P.F. that should be continued each and every day even after a person is pain free.

wendyn on 12/26/02 at 10:55 (104025)

Hmmm - I think the cowboy boots might help - but not because they 'stretch the bands of your feet'. I would suspect that the heel lift takes some of the strain off to allow healing to occur for some folks.

A good thing to try, but I wouldn't bet the farm on a cure determined from a sample size of 2!!

jan H on 12/26/02 at 19:25 (104063)

This does work for a lot of people-for me, it worked for about a year, and now doesn't work anymore.

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/27/02 at 20:44 (104139)

Jan:
Cowboy boots lift the heel and support the arch, relxing the plantar fascia so they can help in the short term. The problem with wearing elevated heels over an extended period of time is tightening of the heel cords and sometimes, low back pain.
Ed

Pauline on 12/30/02 at 19:52 (104338)

Dr. Davis,
Can't the heel cords be continually stretched with gentle stretches and exercise? I thought keeping everything stretched from the hip down was part of the treatment for P.F. that should be continued each and every day even after a person is pain free.