Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

where does it hurt? What brings it on?

Posted by Marty on 12/27/02 at 15:23 (104118)

I was reading some of the posts here about standing in lines. It is the worst. Anyway where is the pain at when you stand in lines? Is it a burning or pain or both. And where at? Side of foot, bottom, toes and or all. Please let me know as I'm trying to determine if I have problems with PF too. I have been diagnosed with both TTS and PF but just checking from those who know all about pain.

Thanks,

Marty

Re: where does it hurt? What brings it on?

wendyn on 12/27/02 at 15:50 (104121)

Hmmm, where does it hurt when I stand in line? My inner arches, my toes, my ankles - and the soles of my feet. Some of the worst pain I get is up through the inside and outside of my lower legs (the bumps on the side and back of my knees if that makes any sense). (I don't think any of this pain is from PF in my case). It burns and aches.

Marty on 12/27/02 at 15:58 (104124)

Is your inner arch the side with your big toe or small toe?

You have pain clear up to your knees? Do you think this is pain fatigue as I think of it as. Just to much pain for the feet to deal with, just kind of radiates up your leg. Or is it specific pain?

Marty

wendyn on 12/27/02 at 21:49 (104144)

Marty - bear in mind that I have a number of feet and leg issues (beyond TTS and PF). The pain is the inner arch (same side as the big toe). I get fatigue in my legs, but also real pain. Sometimes there is more pain in my lower legs than in my feet. It is mostly a burning/deep pain.

If you reach down by the outside of your knees, there is a boney part a long the bottom (about an inch below and back of the kneecap, maybe more than in inch) - I get a lot of pain there when I'm standing.

marie e on 12/29/02 at 19:20 (104244)

When I have to stand for more then a minute or two my calve begin to tighten up with pain and cramping just above my ankles. I also get a ripping/burning feeling in the top of my calf. Sometimes my legs begin to quiver and I get a little panicy if I don't see a place to sit done. I almost always take a cane with me when I am out now.....but I don't usually need it for walking.

Oh yeah, Marty I read on one of your posts you live in Salt Lake City. I lived there as a kid on Mount Olympus. Beautiful place.

To HEALl or not to HEEL! Later, Marie

wendyn on 12/27/02 at 15:50 (104121)

Hmmm, where does it hurt when I stand in line? My inner arches, my toes, my ankles - and the soles of my feet. Some of the worst pain I get is up through the inside and outside of my lower legs (the bumps on the side and back of my knees if that makes any sense). (I don't think any of this pain is from PF in my case). It burns and aches.

Marty on 12/27/02 at 15:58 (104124)

Is your inner arch the side with your big toe or small toe?

You have pain clear up to your knees? Do you think this is pain fatigue as I think of it as. Just to much pain for the feet to deal with, just kind of radiates up your leg. Or is it specific pain?

Marty

wendyn on 12/27/02 at 21:49 (104144)

Marty - bear in mind that I have a number of feet and leg issues (beyond TTS and PF). The pain is the inner arch (same side as the big toe). I get fatigue in my legs, but also real pain. Sometimes there is more pain in my lower legs than in my feet. It is mostly a burning/deep pain.

If you reach down by the outside of your knees, there is a boney part a long the bottom (about an inch below and back of the kneecap, maybe more than in inch) - I get a lot of pain there when I'm standing.

marie e on 12/29/02 at 19:20 (104244)

When I have to stand for more then a minute or two my calve begin to tighten up with pain and cramping just above my ankles. I also get a ripping/burning feeling in the top of my calf. Sometimes my legs begin to quiver and I get a little panicy if I don't see a place to sit done. I almost always take a cane with me when I am out now.....but I don't usually need it for walking.

Oh yeah, Marty I read on one of your posts you live in Salt Lake City. I lived there as a kid on Mount Olympus. Beautiful place.

To HEALl or not to HEEL! Later, Marie