Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So far (SDO progress)

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 12/28/02 at 13:16 (104172)

I started these in July 2002 I think.

Right now, I can stand in the shower, even my mom's flat shower.

I can stand at parties but only for limited time still (no more than 15 minutes at a time).

I went to a museam yesterday and walked a lot (they did have chairs though thank goodness).

My pain is more localized...occuring mostly in pad right below toes and somewhat in heel on left...lot less on right and mostly in toes on right foot. I also have more pain in my legs as feet get better, but not the wake-me-up-at-night muscle spasms I was having.

Happy 2003 to everybody.

Re: So far (SDO progress)

D.Thomas on 12/29/02 at 18:01 (104237)

Mahatmelissama,

Sounds good. I had a PT that told me if the pain starts to become localized and in one spot instead of the whole foot, he believed that you were healing. Sounds good and I have my fingers crossed.

Re: Thx

Mahatmelissama on 12/30/02 at 11:15 (104291)

I hope you and him are right.

I just post stuff like this for the new people mainly, to give
some hope. We all need some hope.

Re: 1/16/03-still getting better! :)

Mahatmelissama on 1/16/03 at 14:03 (105619)

As of today, I can:
1) STAND IN THE SHOWER EVERY DAY!
2) Stand in line (short ones though) for grocery shopping and Walgreen.
Waited in line for 15 minutes at Albertsons the other day and foot did not cramp up!
3) Walk 20 minutes! I dance for exercise alone in my house to work out, preparing for the day I feel up to a night out on the town in a dance club (not ready yet)

If anyone remembers back in July 2002, I was not able to stand up in the shower...took baths everyday and ordered most of my groceries online from Safeway.

I started doing Pilates and since my tissue appears to be healthier...I am able to stretch out my legs more, RELIEVING some pain! My stomach and back sometimes get sore, but that doesn't bother me as much [as feet and lower legs flaring up].

I think my getting better is because of my soft orthotics, going to chiro, losing some weight, getting more physically fit, eating well, taking vitamins (msm, etc) and God's mercy.

I want to post stuff like this so that I give somebody out there hope. I came to this board a pretty chronic case.

I want to say I do want to get up a webpage to PF success to inspire hope, I haven't abandoned that idea.

Re: FANTASTIC! :)

Carole C in NOLA on 1/16/03 at 23:19 (105662)

Mahatmelissama, that is GREAT!!!!!! I can hear the joy coming through the words in your post. Congratulations. :)

Now don't go overboard and overdo, ok? Remember the tortoise and the hare. (smiling)

Carole C

Re: So far (SDO progress)

D.Thomas on 12/29/02 at 18:01 (104237)

Mahatmelissama,

Sounds good. I had a PT that told me if the pain starts to become localized and in one spot instead of the whole foot, he believed that you were healing. Sounds good and I have my fingers crossed.

Re: Thx

Mahatmelissama on 12/30/02 at 11:15 (104291)

I hope you and him are right.

I just post stuff like this for the new people mainly, to give
some hope. We all need some hope.

Re: 1/16/03-still getting better! :)

Mahatmelissama on 1/16/03 at 14:03 (105619)

As of today, I can:
1) STAND IN THE SHOWER EVERY DAY!
2) Stand in line (short ones though) for grocery shopping and Walgreen.
Waited in line for 15 minutes at Albertsons the other day and foot did not cramp up!
3) Walk 20 minutes! I dance for exercise alone in my house to work out, preparing for the day I feel up to a night out on the town in a dance club (not ready yet)

If anyone remembers back in July 2002, I was not able to stand up in the shower...took baths everyday and ordered most of my groceries online from Safeway.

I started doing Pilates and since my tissue appears to be healthier...I am able to stretch out my legs more, RELIEVING some pain! My stomach and back sometimes get sore, but that doesn't bother me as much [as feet and lower legs flaring up].

I think my getting better is because of my soft orthotics, going to chiro, losing some weight, getting more physically fit, eating well, taking vitamins (msm, etc) and God's mercy.

I want to post stuff like this so that I give somebody out there hope. I came to this board a pretty chronic case.

I want to say I do want to get up a webpage to PF success to inspire hope, I haven't abandoned that idea.

Re: FANTASTIC! :)

Carole C in NOLA on 1/16/03 at 23:19 (105662)

Mahatmelissama, that is GREAT!!!!!! I can hear the joy coming through the words in your post. Congratulations. :)

Now don't go overboard and overdo, ok? Remember the tortoise and the hare. (smiling)

Carole C