Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Electric Scooters

Posted by Mar on 12/30/02 at 09:23 (104280)

Does anyone use an electric scooter or know anything about the reputation of Rascal and Electric Mobility operating out of Sewell, NJ? Mar

Re: Electric Scooters

marie e on 12/30/02 at 10:36 (104285)

I have a small scooter that I use in my classroom only when the pain begins to interfere with my teaching. I think it is a Sonic. It is small and light weight. Diassembles and fols down easy, the heaviest part weighs about 35 pounds. The cost was about 1200.00. I use it for major outings when I will be standing alot. It has given me some freedom and mobility. Be careful not to overuse a scooter since you don't want to atrophy your muscles. Rascal is a little higher quality with a higher price tag. I suppose it depends upon how much you want to spend and how much you use it.

later

Mar on 12/30/02 at 10:43 (104287)

Thanks Marie -- the Sonic is the one I have been expecting I will get. It is $1600. They are coming out with a smaller, ligher weight one for $1200 in January -- 25-27 lbs for heaviest piece. I don;t have a price on the Rascal one though. Mar

marie e on 12/30/02 at 10:36 (104285)

I have a small scooter that I use in my classroom only when the pain begins to interfere with my teaching. I think it is a Sonic. It is small and light weight. Diassembles and fols down easy, the heaviest part weighs about 35 pounds. The cost was about 1200.00. I use it for major outings when I will be standing alot. It has given me some freedom and mobility. Be careful not to overuse a scooter since you don't want to atrophy your muscles. Rascal is a little higher quality with a higher price tag. I suppose it depends upon how much you want to spend and how much you use it.

later

Mar on 12/30/02 at 10:43 (104287)

Thanks Marie -- the Sonic is the one I have been expecting I will get. It is $1600. They are coming out with a smaller, ligher weight one for $1200 in January -- 25-27 lbs for heaviest piece. I don;t have a price on the Rascal one though. Mar