Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

walking on outer edge of foot

Posted by peajay on 12/30/02 at 12:35 (104295)

I know this is mainly a PF Board but I have a question that perhaps you could answer. I recently had surgery on my right foot,Discharge Diagnosis is this (R, Dwyer 1st MT Osteotomy Fascial Stripping). This was after approx 9 months of conservative treatments for foot and ankle pain. It was explained to me that the cause of my pain was because I walked on the outside edge of my foot. The procedures were to correct that so I will walk more normal. What I am noticing is similar pain now in my left foot. Is it common to have the same problem in both feet? I would certainly be interested in trying to correct this with an orthotic before it gets as bad as the first foot was as this was quite a painful surgery and the recovery is slow. We tried a number of things with my right foot but nothing really seemed to help. I am still in the cast from the surgery so I am not sure of the complete result although I am keeping a positive attitude. Any insight into this you can give me is truly appreciated. Thank you.