Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by LoriB on 12/30/02 at 13:05 (104298)

I am sure I have plantar Fasciitis,and have read your online book on the subject,I was just curious if you think perhaps heel cups might help this problem I do the stretches and have used the towel stretch method.And I have tried gel heel cushions,arch supports and metatarsel supports and nothing so far is helping.I work on a cement floor and have for 4 yrs however this only started about 6 months ago. I am 47 yrs old and I know age does enter in. Please help me I hurt.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Dr. Z on 12/30/02 at 15:19 (104309)

I do use the plastic type heel cup and yes they do have. You need to see a podiatrist to determine if your bimechanics are out of line. IF they are ok then heel cups may help you

Dr. A on 12/31/02 at 15:54 (104415)

heel lifts vs heel cups can be another option for you. If pain continues, I recommend seeing a podiatrist. Visit heelpaincenter.com for more treatment options

Dr. A on 1/02/03 at 22:19 (104669)

If you wear dress shoes, make sure they have heels and are not flat like deck shoes or loafers.

Dr. Z on 12/30/02 at 15:19 (104309)

I do use the plastic type heel cup and yes they do have. You need to see a podiatrist to determine if your bimechanics are out of line. IF they are ok then heel cups may help you

Dr. A on 12/31/02 at 15:54 (104415)

heel lifts vs heel cups can be another option for you. If pain continues, I recommend seeing a podiatrist. Visit heelpaincenter.com for more treatment options

Dr. A on 1/02/03 at 22:19 (104669)

If you wear dress shoes, make sure they have heels and are not flat like deck shoes or loafers.