Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still in the casts

Posted by tanya on 12/30/02 at 16:35 (104319)

yes i am still resting in fiberfglass cast on bothe feet, my dr changed them i got purple casts this time. ive lost muscle for sure already. i try not to walk on the casts but have a bit. at my age this is really no good im going nuts and am in need of a pedicure. my new cast she made it so i have like a toe plate this allows them to totally rest also.

i am due to come out of cast in febuary so its going to be a long road

Re: still in the casts

Jan H on 12/30/02 at 18:17 (104333)

Wow, is this for PF? What is it supposed to do? I had a soft cast for 6 weeks but it didn't help much. Both feet at once? How are you getting around? Bet they're driving you crazy!

Pauline on 12/30/02 at 19:58 (104339)

I've heard of foot casts, but more often of casts that come up almost to the knee for better support and not to cause strain or injury.

It certainly must be tough with both feet this way. I think your very wise to stay off of them as much a possible. One twist the wrong way
might cause additional strain or injury and you certainly don't need that.

Hope they provide you with relief at the end of your treatment.

tanya on 12/31/02 at 10:52 (104388)

pauline my cast go all the way up to just below my knees. yes they are driving me crazy and i can not move feet at all just toes . i use a wheelchair but have tried to walk onthem some

matts on 12/31/02 at 12:28 (104398)

rest is one of the most talked about treatments here I hope it works for you, too. Good luck.

Monet A. on 1/07/03 at 02:39 (105005)

Hi!

I saw your post regarding the soft cast. I too was placed in fiberglass cast for 6-8 weeks, per feet, (but not at the same time). This really worked for me. For the last few years, I had been babying my heels, and relatively pain free. About a month or so ago, I decided to do a 2KM volksmarch, which has proven to have awaken my heelspur nightmare, on the left heel. Where can I purchase a softcast, that will allow me to walk/work during the day, then place my night splint on when sleeping? Any information that you can share would be grealy appreciated! Thanks!

Monet

Jan H on 12/30/02 at 18:17 (104333)

Wow, is this for PF? What is it supposed to do? I had a soft cast for 6 weeks but it didn't help much. Both feet at once? How are you getting around? Bet they're driving you crazy!

Pauline on 12/30/02 at 19:58 (104339)

I've heard of foot casts, but more often of casts that come up almost to the knee for better support and not to cause strain or injury.

It certainly must be tough with both feet this way. I think your very wise to stay off of them as much a possible. One twist the wrong way
might cause additional strain or injury and you certainly don't need that.

Hope they provide you with relief at the end of your treatment.

tanya on 12/31/02 at 10:52 (104388)

pauline my cast go all the way up to just below my knees. yes they are driving me crazy and i can not move feet at all just toes . i use a wheelchair but have tried to walk onthem some

matts on 12/31/02 at 12:28 (104398)

rest is one of the most talked about treatments here I hope it works for you, too. Good luck.

Monet A. on 1/07/03 at 02:39 (105005)

Hi!

I saw your post regarding the soft cast. I too was placed in fiberglass cast for 6-8 weeks, per feet, (but not at the same time). This really worked for me. For the last few years, I had been babying my heels, and relatively pain free. About a month or so ago, I decided to do a 2KM volksmarch, which has proven to have awaken my heelspur nightmare, on the left heel. Where can I purchase a softcast, that will allow me to walk/work during the day, then place my night splint on when sleeping? Any information that you can share would be grealy appreciated! Thanks!

Monet