Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z.....Another treatment...please

Posted by monte on 1/01/03 at 22:34 (104515)

Hi Dr Z... Can we schedule another ESWT treatment? I believe I got some healing from the last one. Please let me know so we can plan it.
Thanks
Monte

Re: Dr. Z.....Another treatment...please

Dr. Z on 1/01/03 at 22:38 (104517)

I am waiting to see if we have a Saturday. Can you come during the week. It is also very important that there is still pain at the insertional of the pf and not in the arch and or middle of the pf. Sucess is only at the pf insertional area. Would you beable to come during the week.?

nancy s. on 1/01/03 at 22:39 (104518)

and may your healing continue, monte! best of luck with this next treatment.

nancy

Monte on 1/02/03 at 07:34 (104530)

Thanks Dr Z. I still have pain in the insertion point of the heels. I work during the week. Plus, I don't have anyone who can drive me back from your place. That's a 2 hour ride. I can take my nephew on a Saturday like last time. Can you see what you can do? Thanks

BrianG on 1/02/03 at 12:47 (104570)

Hey Monte,

I was just thinking if you could take a vacation, or sick, day on a Friday, you'd have an extra day to rest before going back to work. Just something to think about.

Keep on healing,
BrianG

PS: I drove 7 hours home, after my treatment. It was really quite easy with an automatic, and cruise control.

Monte on 1/02/03 at 13:27 (104582)

I know...i may try for a saturday if it is entirely impossible for a saturday. As a consultant, I don't get paid when i am out of the office. But I will do what i have to do for another round.

Thanks
Monte

Mar on 1/03/03 at 07:13 (104676)

Dr Z --

Did I understand you right that ESWT is only successful for the pain at the insertional point? Is that why I haven't yet had any success? -- I have pain in a lot more places than the insertional point.

Also, do you recommend surgery when all else fails or not?

Mar

Dr. Z on 1/01/03 at 22:38 (104517)

I am waiting to see if we have a Saturday. Can you come during the week. It is also very important that there is still pain at the insertional of the pf and not in the arch and or middle of the pf. Sucess is only at the pf insertional area. Would you beable to come during the week.?

nancy s. on 1/01/03 at 22:39 (104518)

and may your healing continue, monte! best of luck with this next treatment.

nancy

Monte on 1/02/03 at 07:34 (104530)

Thanks Dr Z. I still have pain in the insertion point of the heels. I work during the week. Plus, I don't have anyone who can drive me back from your place. That's a 2 hour ride. I can take my nephew on a Saturday like last time. Can you see what you can do? Thanks

BrianG on 1/02/03 at 12:47 (104570)

Hey Monte,

I was just thinking if you could take a vacation, or sick, day on a Friday, you'd have an extra day to rest before going back to work. Just something to think about.

Keep on healing,
BrianG

PS: I drove 7 hours home, after my treatment. It was really quite easy with an automatic, and cruise control.

Monte on 1/02/03 at 13:27 (104582)

I know...i may try for a saturday if it is entirely impossible for a saturday. As a consultant, I don't get paid when i am out of the office. But I will do what i have to do for another round.

Thanks
Monte

Mar on 1/03/03 at 07:13 (104676)

Dr Z --

Did I understand you right that ESWT is only successful for the pain at the insertional point? Is that why I haven't yet had any success? -- I have pain in a lot more places than the insertional point.

Also, do you recommend surgery when all else fails or not?

Mar