Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

numbness in toes and slightly dark

Posted by luvy v on 1/02/03 at 21:33 (104662)

this weekend i was very fortunate to enjoy new years 2003 in LAS VEGAS Nevada we did lots and lots and lots of walking, i am in pretty good shape i feel i am not thin i weigh 250 pounds but i do work out at least 4- 5 days a week and have lost over 145 pounds since February 2002 so i thought hey i am so ready for this now after walking and walking for hours my toes are so numb and hurt with a slight dark look. I did notice that evening my sock were getting kind of tight around the toes and kept meaning to losing them (my shoe were a little big from the weight loss) but was so caught up with all the excitement i never did so here we are 2 days later and they are still very numb and painful if i take ibroprophen it help with the pain but they still feel numb...help i am worried...thanks

Re: numbness in toes and slightly dark

Carole C in NOLA on 1/04/03 at 07:44 (104780)

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I'm not a foot doctor, but I noticed that one hadn't answered yet and I wanted say that maybe you should be examined by a foot doctor or by a neurologist if the numbness doesn't go away.

Meanwhile, here's what I'd suggest. After walking so much, you probably need to keep taking your ibuprofen and rest for a few days barefoot with your feet up. Be sure to take a good multi-vitamin every day (only... if you are taking mega-vitamins, better stop for now), and to eat sensibly in case there's a nutritional deficiency contributing to your numbness. When you feel better, go shopping for some shoes that fit better! You deserve them. :)

Carole C

Re: numbness in toes and slightly dark

Carole C in NOLA on 1/04/03 at 07:44 (104780)

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I'm not a foot doctor, but I noticed that one hadn't answered yet and I wanted say that maybe you should be examined by a foot doctor or by a neurologist if the numbness doesn't go away.

Meanwhile, here's what I'd suggest. After walking so much, you probably need to keep taking your ibuprofen and rest for a few days barefoot with your feet up. Be sure to take a good multi-vitamin every day (only... if you are taking mega-vitamins, better stop for now), and to eat sensibly in case there's a nutritional deficiency contributing to your numbness. When you feel better, go shopping for some shoes that fit better! You deserve them. :)

Carole C