Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF FIRST, THEN EDEMA, THEN MENISCUS,, THEN TTS

Posted by RUSSELL F on 1/02/03 at 22:00 (104666)

I FIRST HAD PF, WHICH I GOT RID OF, THEN I HAD A JAGGED, LATERAL MENISCUS TEAR IN THE LEFT KNEE WHILE EXPERIENCING EXTREME EDEMA IN THE LEFT LEG AND FOOT. I HAD THE SURGERY TO REPAIR THE MENISCUS TEAR, WHICH, FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS SEEMED TO GO FINE, BUT THE EDEMA IN THE LEFT LEG STILL PERSISTED, BUT THRU BOOT THERAPY, I GOT RID OF THE EDEMA, AND SUDDENLY I STARTED TO GET 'TTS' WHICH IS NOW FULL-BLOWN, EVEN THOUGH THE EDEMA IS GONE. AT THE PRESENT, I HAVE VERY LITTLE EDEMA, BUT THE SURGERY FROM THE MENISCUS TEAR IS WORSENING WITH SHARPE PAINS ON THE FRONT AND BOTH SIDES OF THE KNEE, PLUS THE 'TTS' IS CONSTANTLY BECOMING WORSE! I AM STILL WORKING, STANDING FOR 8 1/2 HOURS, 4 DAYS PER WEEK, BUT I AM IN EXTREME PAIN FROM THE BURNING OF MY FEET DUE TO ' TTS', PLUS THE SHOOTING, SHARPE PAINS IN MY LEFT KNEE!
fROM WHAT I HAVE READ FROM PEOPLE, WHO HAVE HAD IT, 'TTS' SURGERY IS OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE EXTREME SHARPE PAINS FROM THE MENISCUS TEAR WHICH WAS 'REPAIRED' ON JULY 22ND! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE, OTHER THAN MAYBE A BLOTCHED JOB BY A VERY REPUTABLE SURGEON (EVEN HE SEEMS PERPLEXED & HAS NO ANSWER). THE' TTS' SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE. THERE IS MORE NUMBNESS AND TINGLING WHEN OFF THE FEET, PLUS MORE PAIN WHEN ON THE FEET. AS I SAID, I REFUSE TO HAVE SURGERY DUE TO ALL THE NEGATIVE REPLIES. SINCE I AM NOW 55 Y.O., I AM SERIOUSLY CONTEMPLATING FILING FOR 'DISABILITY' UNLESS I CAN FIND SOMETHING TO RELIEVE THE PAIN. NSAIDS DO HELP, BUT NOT FOR LONG. I AM WORKING, BUT I AM MISERABLE!!! I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE, OTHER THAN A SECOND OPINION OF WHICH I HAVE CONTEMPLATED, BUT MY SURGEON IS IN WITH A TEAM AND HAS CONSULTED AND EXAMINED ME, BUT WITH NO POSITIVES RESULTS. I WAS THINKING OF USING MAYBE A 'LEG-LIFT' MACHINE IN THE WEIGHT ROOM, BUT AM NOT SURE! HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

Re: PF FIRST, THEN EDEMA, THEN MENISCUS,, THEN TTS

Marty on 1/03/03 at 13:03 (104713)

Oh man! And I thought I had it bad. I don't know what to say? I don't know much about all this stuff. Try posting in the other subtopics. Ask the doctors and those in the Treatments / Symptoms / Products group.

Who are you seeing for your TTS?

Re: PF FIRST, THEN EDEMA, THEN MENISCUS,, THEN TTS

Marty on 1/03/03 at 13:03 (104713)

Oh man! And I thought I had it bad. I don't know what to say? I don't know much about all this stuff. Try posting in the other subtopics. Ask the doctors and those in the Treatments / Symptoms / Products group.

Who are you seeing for your TTS?