Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Different machine, same treatment

Posted by Katie K on 1/03/03 at 03:26 (104674)

I keep hearing about all these different machines out there. When I first had my useless ESWT procedure, I had only found info on two machines. I knew of the Dornier (sp?), and the Ossatron. Now, I am seeing more machines being mentioned. I understand the difference in operation (the general ones) between the two, but I understand there isn't a huge advantage of one over the other. (Unless you count the ultrasound machine part of the Dornier, which, if you are treating the entire area of the foot with an Ossatron, I am not convinced makes much difference... unless someone can convince me otherwise). But, what about the Epos Ultra, and the Sonoccur, and whatever else is out there that basically works the same way? What's the deal with these machines? I know that everyone will have different opinions about which is best, but I would like some feedback as to what/why something is better than the other? Do my chances of healing improve with one particular machine? It appears that the machines I know something about, have roughly the same statistics attached to them.

Re: Different machine, same treatment

SteveG on 1/03/03 at 10:51 (104698)

Katie - There are several machines out there, and they seem to have roughly the same success rate. The differences between the machines and their success rates have been discussed at length on this board, so you can learn more by doing a search on the different machines, on low energy vs high energy, etc. Take heed of the note from John h. If you can't get a second treatment for free (or at a steep discount), you can consider going to Canada. It's much cheaper north of the border. I was considering going before Dr. Davis agreed to treat me in the Tacoma area (I live in Seattle).

Dr. Z on 1/05/03 at 16:58 (104906)

Take a look at the one year dornier FDA follow studies and then take a look the ossatron. This will help you make a decision. As you low energy at this time there are no FDA studies in the USA.

SteveG on 1/03/03 at 10:51 (104698)

Katie - There are several machines out there, and they seem to have roughly the same success rate. The differences between the machines and their success rates have been discussed at length on this board, so you can learn more by doing a search on the different machines, on low energy vs high energy, etc. Take heed of the note from John h. If you can't get a second treatment for free (or at a steep discount), you can consider going to Canada. It's much cheaper north of the border. I was considering going before Dr. Davis agreed to treat me in the Tacoma area (I live in Seattle).

Dr. Z on 1/05/03 at 16:58 (104906)

Take a look at the one year dornier FDA follow studies and then take a look the ossatron. This will help you make a decision. As you low energy at this time there are no FDA studies in the USA.