Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I know we're not supposed to mention the weather but.....

Posted by Kathy G on 1/04/03 at 09:46 (104799)

we have about 12' of snow that fell since yesterday afternoon and we're supposed to get more before this Northeaster winds down this afternoon! That's on top of the snow we got at Christmas and the 4' we got on Wednesday night and Thursday! We haven't had this much snow in years! It's really kind of pretty but I don't know what we're going to do with it all! Our town has no money left in its budget to remove the snow so the roads are very narrow and it makes driving dangerous. It would take a long explanation of the Town Meeting form of government to explain why we're out of money but I truly don't know what they're going to do for the rest of the winter.

I'll bet Nancy S is seeing some beautiful surf today as the seas are very high! There's nothing so beautiful or powerful as the ocean when it's in the throes of a storm.

By the way, I haven't been posting because my shoulder is hurting so much that I'm trying to stay off the computer. I posted today, as if any of you care, and I guess, judging from the pain, I won't try it again for another week or so.

I will have a lot of catching up to do when my stupid arm gets better. Hope you all stay well!

Re: I know we're not supposed to mention the weather but.....

nancy s. on 1/04/03 at 11:28 (104814)

you are right on target, kathy! we got blasted last night and it's still coming down.

looking out our two upstairs windows this morning, we absolutely could not believe that roiling ocean. very high, very big -- gigantic -- waves are crashing onto the beach. the whole sea is high and churned up. it actually looks something like 'the perfect storm,' which i did see.

we just got back from a hike out to the beach; we couldn't resist. we wanted to see if the fact that the ocean looks just about to come over the dune and boardwalk to our street was actually an optical illusion. it was not! we were there half an hour before high tide, and the water was coming up TO, but not over, the boardwalk. it's really a close one this time.

the hike out wasn't easy. no one had gone out yet today, so we were the trailblazers through what is for me hip-high snow. i fell at least twice; if phil hadn't been there to pick me out of the snow i probably would have smothered! he has long legs, the lucky dog. it took the life right out of me. i'll be resting for the remainder of the day, but it was so exciting!

kathy, i'm so sorry your shoulder is that painful. what's wrong with it? if you read this and can answer without hurting yourself, that is.... i had just been wondering last night where you were. take care.

nancy

Suzanne D on 1/04/03 at 13:42 (104830)

Kathy, I think the weather is a very interesting topic, and I always enjoy reading about what is happening in other parts of the country and world! We had a little snow a few weeks ago which prompted the thread I started about the weather then, and since, we have had a great deal of rain and just a flurry or two of snow. I would secretly (well, not a secret now!) like to have a nice snow in about a week so that we could have a few days off from school! I know that sounds terrible to wish, but I have spent almost every day of my Christmas break getting my room ready in the new school. That, combined with all the usual holiday bustle, has kept me extremely busy. We go back to school Monday.

And, yes, I am concerned about your shoulder, too. I hope it gets better soon! Let us hear from you whenever it doesn't hurt to type.

Suzanne :-)

Re: speaking of weather..........

JudyS on 1/04/03 at 16:38 (104845)

It's near 80 degrees in my neighborhood - bright blue skies, balmy sunshine......
and I'm totally jealous of those of you who get to cuddle up to the sound of a good winter storm, or can make snow angels, or just go for a nice walk with the brisk air biting your noses!

john h on 1/04/03 at 18:15 (104852)

you would sure cuddle here Judy because after my heater went out at midnight thursday and it was repaired friday it went out again last night. brrrrrrrr. the cats even came to bed.

nancy s. on 1/04/03 at 11:28 (104814)

you are right on target, kathy! we got blasted last night and it's still coming down.

looking out our two upstairs windows this morning, we absolutely could not believe that roiling ocean. very high, very big -- gigantic -- waves are crashing onto the beach. the whole sea is high and churned up. it actually looks something like 'the perfect storm,' which i did see.

we just got back from a hike out to the beach; we couldn't resist. we wanted to see if the fact that the ocean looks just about to come over the dune and boardwalk to our street was actually an optical illusion. it was not! we were there half an hour before high tide, and the water was coming up TO, but not over, the boardwalk. it's really a close one this time.

the hike out wasn't easy. no one had gone out yet today, so we were the trailblazers through what is for me hip-high snow. i fell at least twice; if phil hadn't been there to pick me out of the snow i probably would have smothered! he has long legs, the lucky dog. it took the life right out of me. i'll be resting for the remainder of the day, but it was so exciting!

kathy, i'm so sorry your shoulder is that painful. what's wrong with it? if you read this and can answer without hurting yourself, that is.... i had just been wondering last night where you were. take care.

nancy

Suzanne D on 1/04/03 at 13:42 (104830)

Kathy, I think the weather is a very interesting topic, and I always enjoy reading about what is happening in other parts of the country and world! We had a little snow a few weeks ago which prompted the thread I started about the weather then, and since, we have had a great deal of rain and just a flurry or two of snow. I would secretly (well, not a secret now!) like to have a nice snow in about a week so that we could have a few days off from school! I know that sounds terrible to wish, but I have spent almost every day of my Christmas break getting my room ready in the new school. That, combined with all the usual holiday bustle, has kept me extremely busy. We go back to school Monday.

And, yes, I am concerned about your shoulder, too. I hope it gets better soon! Let us hear from you whenever it doesn't hurt to type.

Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 1/04/03 at 16:38 (104845)

It's near 80 degrees in my neighborhood - bright blue skies, balmy sunshine......
and I'm totally jealous of those of you who get to cuddle up to the sound of a good winter storm, or can make snow angels, or just go for a nice walk with the brisk air biting your noses!

john h on 1/04/03 at 18:15 (104852)

you would sure cuddle here Judy because after my heater went out at midnight thursday and it was repaired friday it went out again last night. brrrrrrrr. the cats even came to bed.