Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Name the kitty

Posted by Scott R on 1/04/03 at 14:03 (104834)

Marie E needs help naming her new kitty. Here's a pic.

Re: Name the kitty

Pam B on 1/04/03 at 18:06 (104849)

Tiger? Smokey?

john h on 1/04/03 at 18:17 (104853)

Pam i am on tiger number 2. tiger number one lived to be 19 and is buried in my flight jacket in the back yard.

Pam B on 1/04/03 at 19:22 (104854)

I had one named Tiger too.......also had one named Bear and one named Poogers.......now I have one named Precious :) she is the sweetest one I have ever had till now......all the others were not lap cats but this one sure is :)

nancy s. on 1/04/03 at 19:38 (104858)

'poogers,' pam? now there's a new one.

nancy s. on 1/04/03 at 23:27 (104876)

ohhh, how did i miss this? john, you bring tears to my eyes! tiger number one is buried in your flight jacket? that is so sweet! i have buried two cats, each with a favorite antique tin of mine (with their picture inside and a note from me). but your flight jacket ... that is extra sweet.

nancy

marie e on 1/05/03 at 10:27 (104890)

John,

Number one must have been very important to you. Did you take your cat with you in all your moves?

john h on 1/05/03 at 13:39 (104894)

my kitty sat on the dash board from one end of the country to the other. my daughter dressed him up in various little outfits. more than once I had to sneak him in a hotel/motel where no pets were allowed which was always exciting.

Tammie on 1/05/03 at 17:47 (104911)

John that was the most sensitive thing to do. I feel pretty misty over that. I understand about loss of pets but nothing measures up to that!

Our pets have weird names, jasmine ,tutt was our male cat cause he was like a king we lost him due to his escaping his home even tho he was neutered ,he met with a big car and we all cryed over that and we still mist up when we remember. A female cat found my sons arms and she is jewels still a young one, and we have a trixi and she is still young and we added a Boo which is a big lab my son started taking care of it for some good friends and now it is looking like it is a new member of our family. Goodness this has to be it . We dont have any more space !

pala on 1/05/03 at 18:09 (104912)

my various cat's names have been Bliss, Bikhu, Magic, Ernie, Kitty. as you can see my imagination has deteriorated over the years.

Nancy N on 1/05/03 at 19:51 (104915)

What kind of name is Bikhu? Sounds sort of Indian? Just curious :)

My brother and his wife named their cat Sphinx. It's a Socks-type--black with white paws. But they didn't want to go with Socks like everyone else. I'm not sure how they came up with Sphinx, but it seems to work. Their new cat is named Rudy. I'm not a cat person (sorry, I'm a dog lover) so I'm probably not the best to come up with cat names. Oh! One of my high school math teachers had one named Tarzan because he jumped on everything. But then her imagination deteriorated and by the time I had her for class she had Goldie and Blackie.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/05/03 at 20:23 (104921)

I like Kitty the best of the names I've seen so far, maybe even Kitty-Katness, or Snuggles, or something like that. But looking at your cat, those names don't quite fit. I can also relate to the name Smoky, but she actually looks kind of stormy to me, and yet very proud, as cats often are... how about

**** Camille ****

after the fearsome hurricane Camille?

Or Maelstrom, or Gusty. Oh well, I had to try! Just don't name her 'Rat', ok? LOL Just kidding

Carole C

Nancy N on 1/05/03 at 21:24 (104924)

Ooh, I like Maelstrom, too. Cool name!

Necee on 1/06/03 at 08:02 (104938)

My cat that I had for 18 yrs was named Nanner.

Happy trails...

Necee

john h on 1/06/03 at 21:47 (104990)

Carole: of my cats is named Kitty. not very a original name but Kitty is.an original cat.

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 21:52 (104991)

isn't john's the third kitty named 'kitty' mentioned on the board here? i had one named 'kitty' too, so that makes four if i'm counting right, which i might not be. aren't we full of imagination!

my 'kitty''s favorite activity was being pulled around the house in a shoebox by a string. (you need wall-to-wall carpeting for this, and my parents had it.)

nancy

Pam B on 1/04/03 at 18:06 (104849)

Tiger? Smokey?

john h on 1/04/03 at 18:17 (104853)

Pam i am on tiger number 2. tiger number one lived to be 19 and is buried in my flight jacket in the back yard.

Pam B on 1/04/03 at 19:22 (104854)

I had one named Tiger too.......also had one named Bear and one named Poogers.......now I have one named Precious :) she is the sweetest one I have ever had till now......all the others were not lap cats but this one sure is :)

nancy s. on 1/04/03 at 19:38 (104858)

'poogers,' pam? now there's a new one.

nancy s. on 1/04/03 at 23:27 (104876)

ohhh, how did i miss this? john, you bring tears to my eyes! tiger number one is buried in your flight jacket? that is so sweet! i have buried two cats, each with a favorite antique tin of mine (with their picture inside and a note from me). but your flight jacket ... that is extra sweet.

nancy

marie e on 1/05/03 at 10:27 (104890)

John,

Number one must have been very important to you. Did you take your cat with you in all your moves?

john h on 1/05/03 at 13:39 (104894)

my kitty sat on the dash board from one end of the country to the other. my daughter dressed him up in various little outfits. more than once I had to sneak him in a hotel/motel where no pets were allowed which was always exciting.

Tammie on 1/05/03 at 17:47 (104911)

John that was the most sensitive thing to do. I feel pretty misty over that. I understand about loss of pets but nothing measures up to that!

Our pets have weird names, jasmine ,tutt was our male cat cause he was like a king we lost him due to his escaping his home even tho he was neutered ,he met with a big car and we all cryed over that and we still mist up when we remember. A female cat found my sons arms and she is jewels still a young one, and we have a trixi and she is still young and we added a Boo which is a big lab my son started taking care of it for some good friends and now it is looking like it is a new member of our family. Goodness this has to be it . We dont have any more space !

pala on 1/05/03 at 18:09 (104912)

my various cat's names have been Bliss, Bikhu, Magic, Ernie, Kitty. as you can see my imagination has deteriorated over the years.

Nancy N on 1/05/03 at 19:51 (104915)

What kind of name is Bikhu? Sounds sort of Indian? Just curious :)

My brother and his wife named their cat Sphinx. It's a Socks-type--black with white paws. But they didn't want to go with Socks like everyone else. I'm not sure how they came up with Sphinx, but it seems to work. Their new cat is named Rudy. I'm not a cat person (sorry, I'm a dog lover) so I'm probably not the best to come up with cat names. Oh! One of my high school math teachers had one named Tarzan because he jumped on everything. But then her imagination deteriorated and by the time I had her for class she had Goldie and Blackie.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/05/03 at 20:23 (104921)

I like Kitty the best of the names I've seen so far, maybe even Kitty-Katness, or Snuggles, or something like that. But looking at your cat, those names don't quite fit. I can also relate to the name Smoky, but she actually looks kind of stormy to me, and yet very proud, as cats often are... how about

**** Camille ****

after the fearsome hurricane Camille?

Or Maelstrom, or Gusty. Oh well, I had to try! Just don't name her 'Rat', ok? LOL Just kidding

Carole C

Nancy N on 1/05/03 at 21:24 (104924)

Ooh, I like Maelstrom, too. Cool name!

Necee on 1/06/03 at 08:02 (104938)

My cat that I had for 18 yrs was named Nanner.

Happy trails...

Necee

john h on 1/06/03 at 21:47 (104990)

Carole: of my cats is named Kitty. not very a original name but Kitty is.an original cat.

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 21:52 (104991)

isn't john's the third kitty named 'kitty' mentioned on the board here? i had one named 'kitty' too, so that makes four if i'm counting right, which i might not be. aren't we full of imagination!

my 'kitty''s favorite activity was being pulled around the house in a shoebox by a string. (you need wall-to-wall carpeting for this, and my parents had it.)

nancy