Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF

Posted by Laura M. on 1/04/03 at 22:08 (104868)

I have suffered from PF for almost 2 years and have tried everything *ESWT, surgery, accupunture, shots) you name it, I have tried it. I have had blood tests, nerve tests, etc, with everything coming out negative, but still I am in constant pain if I try to walk more than 2 blocks. Why won't any of the doctors take out the spur, to me it would be worth the try. They all say the problem is the plantar fasia, not the spur. But in the past the spurs were removed. What do you think? Thank you.

Re: PF

Dr. Z on 1/04/03 at 22:42 (104871)

When I performed heel spur surgery I always take out the spur . I agree that you should take out the calcification when you are doing heel spur surgery.

Would you tell me more about your foot pain

Is there pain when you first get up in the morning. Did you have low or high energy ESWT. How many ESWT treatments did you have? IS there pain on examination at the insertion of the plantar fascia. I have had cases where just the fascia was released and not the spur and after removing the spur the pain went away. Where do you live??

Re: PF

Dr. Z on 1/04/03 at 22:42 (104871)

When I performed heel spur surgery I always take out the spur . I agree that you should take out the calcification when you are doing heel spur surgery.

Would you tell me more about your foot pain

Is there pain when you first get up in the morning. Did you have low or high energy ESWT. How many ESWT treatments did you have? IS there pain on examination at the insertion of the plantar fascia. I have had cases where just the fascia was released and not the spur and after removing the spur the pain went away. Where do you live??