Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Other foot problem....... what is this?

Posted by JoAnn V on 1/05/03 at 23:19 (104929)

I have this strange problem with only my right foot, I hope I can explain it. On the bottom of my foot, about 1-2' under my big toe, I keep getting this bubble under the skin. It will fill with a clear fluid, it has a burning sensation & itches terrible. I thought it could be atheletes foot but I really don't think it is. When this thing developes I will prick it with a needle and let out the fluid & clean it all up and it usually goes away. Then a day or 2 later its back in a different spot. If I don't let the fluid out it gets bigger & itches so bad I can't stand it. This has been going on for at least a year off & on. I've tried all kinds of antifungal medicine on it and everything I can think of. Do you know what this is or how to treat it? Its really driving me crazy! Thank you.

Re: Other foot problem....... what is this?

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 11:44 (104958)

Do you think it might be boils? Maybe you should see your doctor. He could give you antibiotics if it's something that would respond to them.

Carole C

Re: P.S., I'm not a foot doctor by the way...

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 11:44 (104959)

JoAnn V on 1/06/03 at 13:29 (104962)

No, its not a boil, I've had them before. Its about the size of a mustard seed.

Pauline on 1/06/03 at 19:27 (104977)

I'm not a doctor, but maybe one here could give you a clue to what your dealing with, but without actually seeing a doctor I think it's almost impossible to make a diagnosis based strictly on you post.

Next time it happens, why not see a Dermatologist. He deals with skin problems through out the body and could nail down a definate diagnosis for you.

I certainly wouldn't keep picking at them because although you seem to get temporary relief your not getting to the bottom of the problem and could be making things worse.

Jan H on 1/07/03 at 18:49 (105054)

I get bubbles on my feet and tummy when I wash my clothes with Tide-could be an allergic reaction to something.

JoAnn V on 1/08/03 at 00:55 (105078)

This is no allergic reaction, Maybe I shouldn't have called it a 'bubble', its more of a small circular pocket that is filled with fluid and some pus. I really need a Dr's opinion on this one.

wendyn on 1/08/03 at 07:05 (105085)

JoAnn, have you had it looked at by a doctor?

Chris on 1/10/03 at 17:11 (105223)

I have heel spurs but they are on both heels, but in the back of the ankle. both are pretty large bumps. now all of a sudden the one foot the back of the leg hurts too. It is paintful and in the morning I can hardly walk. The one foot seems to be getting better, although it is stil; there, but the other it is hurting the gack of the lower leg, makes it difficult to walk. I use ice and the ibu. ointment, I ordered that, but it will not get any better.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 11:44 (104958)

Do you think it might be boils? Maybe you should see your doctor. He could give you antibiotics if it's something that would respond to them.

Carole C

Re: P.S., I'm not a foot doctor by the way...

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 11:44 (104959)

JoAnn V on 1/06/03 at 13:29 (104962)

No, its not a boil, I've had them before. Its about the size of a mustard seed.

Pauline on 1/06/03 at 19:27 (104977)

I'm not a doctor, but maybe one here could give you a clue to what your dealing with, but without actually seeing a doctor I think it's almost impossible to make a diagnosis based strictly on you post.

Next time it happens, why not see a Dermatologist. He deals with skin problems through out the body and could nail down a definate diagnosis for you.

I certainly wouldn't keep picking at them because although you seem to get temporary relief your not getting to the bottom of the problem and could be making things worse.

Jan H on 1/07/03 at 18:49 (105054)

I get bubbles on my feet and tummy when I wash my clothes with Tide-could be an allergic reaction to something.

JoAnn V on 1/08/03 at 00:55 (105078)

This is no allergic reaction, Maybe I shouldn't have called it a 'bubble', its more of a small circular pocket that is filled with fluid and some pus. I really need a Dr's opinion on this one.

wendyn on 1/08/03 at 07:05 (105085)

JoAnn, have you had it looked at by a doctor?

Chris on 1/10/03 at 17:11 (105223)

I have heel spurs but they are on both heels, but in the back of the ankle. both are pretty large bumps. now all of a sudden the one foot the back of the leg hurts too. It is paintful and in the morning I can hardly walk. The one foot seems to be getting better, although it is stil; there, but the other it is hurting the gack of the lower leg, makes it difficult to walk. I use ice and the ibu. ointment, I ordered that, but it will not get any better.