Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel And Morton's Nueroma

Posted by Robin B. on 1/06/03 at 06:50 (104934)

I have recently found this website. It is very interesting and informing about TT problems and solutions, may there be any. About two years ago I had a Morton's nueroma and nerve removed from my foot, which had been painful for about ten years. the pain never really went away, is was more of a dull pain than the shooting agony. My foot really began hurting again and I went back to the Pod and he thinks that it is TT. From looking at this site and others the symptons sound like what I have. I am wondering does anyone know of any correlation between the two? Could the nueromea surgery caused the TT? Also, is it common to have it in only one foot?

I would appreciate any insite.

Thanks,
Robin

Re: Tarsal Tunnel And Morton's Nueroma

Sharon W on 1/06/03 at 07:34 (104937)

Robin,

You may get responses from people here who have had Morton's Neuroma (I haven't) -- but I suggest you try two other things as well. At the top of the 'All Message Boards' page, there is a 'search' function -- try typing 'Morton's Neuroma' into it. Also, we have an 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board where you might get one or more doctors to reply to your question, if you re-post it there.

Good luck in your search for information!

Sharon

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/07/03 at 23:01 (105073)

Robin:
Neuroma surgery cannot cause TTS. TTS can cuase symptoms that mimick that of a neuroma.
Ed

Robin B. on 1/08/03 at 18:59 (105126)

It just seems that the two pains are related somehow. Would it be possible that I have had TTS longer and that caused the nueroma? I would think that the pain would have been more severe in my ankle area and that just recently started to ache. I have had two cortisone injections and it seems to make the pain worse.
robin

Sharon W on 1/06/03 at 07:34 (104937)

Robin,

You may get responses from people here who have had Morton's Neuroma (I haven't) -- but I suggest you try two other things as well. At the top of the 'All Message Boards' page, there is a 'search' function -- try typing 'Morton's Neuroma' into it. Also, we have an 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board where you might get one or more doctors to reply to your question, if you re-post it there.

Good luck in your search for information!

Sharon

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/07/03 at 23:01 (105073)

Robin:
Neuroma surgery cannot cause TTS. TTS can cuase symptoms that mimick that of a neuroma.
Ed

Robin B. on 1/08/03 at 18:59 (105126)

It just seems that the two pains are related somehow. Would it be possible that I have had TTS longer and that caused the nueroma? I would think that the pain would have been more severe in my ankle area and that just recently started to ache. I have had two cortisone injections and it seems to make the pain worse.
robin