Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hydrogen Peroxide

Posted by john h on 1/06/03 at 08:36 (104942)

I have been reading a lot lately about the use of common Hydrogen Peroxide for all sort of problems including foot problems and immune problems. Apparently you soak your feet in some diluted solution. Have not tried it but just may. Soeone actually has a book on the various uses of this substance.

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 11:37 (104956)

If it helps, I might die of shock. It doesn't sound like it would do anything except maybe irritate the skin on your feet a little, get rid of bacteria, and turn the hairs on your toes blond. :)

Carole C

BrianJ on 1/06/03 at 15:21 (104968)

Perhaps it acts as a 'counterirritant' -- something that distracts your nervous system so it doesn't notice the PF pain as much. I've read about the use of counterirritants, but I have never read of hydogen peroxide being used that way.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 11:37 (104956)

If it helps, I might die of shock. It doesn't sound like it would do anything except maybe irritate the skin on your feet a little, get rid of bacteria, and turn the hairs on your toes blond. :)

Carole C

BrianJ on 1/06/03 at 15:21 (104968)

Perhaps it acts as a 'counterirritant' -- something that distracts your nervous system so it doesn't notice the PF pain as much. I've read about the use of counterirritants, but I have never read of hydogen peroxide being used that way.