Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heay losses

Posted by pala on 1/06/03 at 14:41 (104965)

our side has sustained an injury in the battle of the rats. general larry hit his finger with the hammer while constructing a rube goldberg rat trap. he is going to mcdonald's for a much needed r and r. his troop (me) has been instructed to patrol the front and keep a diligent watch. over and out.

Re: heay losses

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 15:09 (104967)

Pay close attention to see if the troops eat the mickey D's rations at a safe distance or if they bring them into the battlefield to eat. If consuming said rations at home, suggest doing so with at least one hammer in each hand. Hit the rats as they lunge for your food (don't hit fingers!).

This could be a good reason/excuse to go out to eat for a while.

Carole C

pala on 1/06/03 at 17:40 (104974)

thank you. it heartens us soldiers to get mail. i will pass advice on to the general who is now pouting in his bunker, with a bandage on his finger, after gorging on most of the peanut butter that was to be used as bait. thankfully the genral has to go to work tomorrow which should keep him safe for a while. over and out. p.s. the general's hammer was thrown in anger and cannot be found in the undergrowth. we think it fell into enemy paws as we hear intermittent hammering sounds in the crawlspace. troops much demoralized.

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 19:53 (104980)

general larry sounds in pretty good condition, all things considered. sure, he smashed his finger, but he got to go out to eat, is lying in his bunker, and gets to go to work tomorrow and abandon this nasty battle for at least a day. but what about the troop? are you going to carry on alone tomorrow, without a hammer? what will be your weapon of choice? have you thought of sweet-talking them. i bet you'd be good at that.

nancy

pala on 1/06/03 at 20:05 (104981)

as is so often the case, the general doesn't seem to be much concerned for his troop. he's only interested in the glory. i guess i can throw the empty peanut butter jar at the rat. i just can't decide who the rat is. but now i have another problem. my good freind has a new girlfriend who used to be in the sex industry and is now retired. my friend wants to bring new girlfriend over and use my spa. i'm sort of a germaphobe at the best of times and all freaked out that i'll catch something from the ex ho. does bromine kill everything? my life is so weird.

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 20:24 (104982)

wow, this sounds like two wars at once.
i don't know what bromine is. if she's retired, you probably have nothing to worry about germ-wise. i'd worry more about the gist of the conversation and whether you're up for it. not sure i would be. does she have a new life, or is she just retired and that's it.
will the general be at home for this, or will you be on your own on this front too?
you're starting to make me happy to be snowed in with extreme cabin fever, no tv, and hammering going on day and night. it's going on now as i type. i wish he'd lose the hammer like the general did.

nancy

pala on 1/06/03 at 20:47 (104984)

bromine is like chlorine. oh i'm not concerned about the conversaion. i'm a buddhist and very tolerant or try to be. my freind is a wild child and always sharing wild stories. i just don't know if i should sit in a spa with one of them. who knows if she is really retired but then again who knows about anyone's secret life. the librarian might be wilder i suppose. yeah i reckon my life would make incarceration in the gulag look good. are you going crazy being snowed in ? are you used to this sort of thing i guess?

wendyn on 1/06/03 at 21:08 (104985)

It may be weird pala - but you always make me laugh!!!

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 21:24 (104987)

i didn't mean worry about the conversation as a matter of tolerance. i try to be tolerant too, and 99.99999% of the time i don't have to try, it isn't even hard, so i figure i probably usually succeed at that if nothing else.

i just meant being able to participate in the conversation, knowing enough about that life to engage, but hey, curiosity is usually the best fosterer of learning, so i usually ask a lot of questions. people sometimes have to tell me to knock it off.

isn't a spa hot? that would cut the worry out for me right there. but i've never been overly concerned about germs. i think a lot more of them die before we even encounter them than they get credit for.
yes, i am going crazy being snowed in, as maybe you can tell from that last statement.

nancy

john h on 1/06/03 at 21:53 (104992)

reading all your post about rats has jogged my memory of a rat incident. while in Thailand. my alert crew was awakend one night with a big noise in our kitchen on the flight line. we all ran in there and there was a monster rat who had gotten in a 30 gallon metal garbage drum. our very alert aircraft mechanic took one of our fire extinguishers and froze him to death. he ws as stiff as a board and very very big. we also had an out door theatre and while watching a movie one evening (we even had popcorn) a large rat came down the isle between the seats dragging a bag of popcorn. strange thing about it no one paid any attention to him as he just wondered off with his bag of goodies.

john h on 1/06/03 at 21:58 (104993)

if she retired from the sex profession what does she and her boyfriend/husband do for fun? sounds like Brian's 'hey sailor---- friend'.

john h on 1/06/03 at 22:00 (104994)

spas are rather notorious for transmission of disease and certainly a breeding place for anything. sort of like a big pitri dish.

wendyn on 1/07/03 at 07:15 (105009)

Pala - hot tubs have been known to break down on ocassion....one can never be too sure when it will experience technical difficulties and be out of commission for just that evening that you had planned.

pala on 1/07/03 at 17:57 (105045)

wendyn, you sly fox, that was what i was thinking.

nancy s. on 1/07/03 at 21:55 (105065)

if that doesn't work, i was thinking you might want to bring up the subject of rats, embellishing your story where needed.

nancy

JudyS on 1/08/03 at 18:41 (105124)

Pala you are way too funny! I trust you've cared for the general's finger properly? (You know, tiny little angel kisses and all that...)

pala on 1/09/03 at 09:27 (105154)

'm not the tiny little angel kissies type, i'm afraid. but if constant sarcasm is healing then he should live forever.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/06/03 at 15:09 (104967)

Pay close attention to see if the troops eat the mickey D's rations at a safe distance or if they bring them into the battlefield to eat. If consuming said rations at home, suggest doing so with at least one hammer in each hand. Hit the rats as they lunge for your food (don't hit fingers!).

This could be a good reason/excuse to go out to eat for a while.

Carole C

pala on 1/06/03 at 17:40 (104974)

thank you. it heartens us soldiers to get mail. i will pass advice on to the general who is now pouting in his bunker, with a bandage on his finger, after gorging on most of the peanut butter that was to be used as bait. thankfully the genral has to go to work tomorrow which should keep him safe for a while. over and out. p.s. the general's hammer was thrown in anger and cannot be found in the undergrowth. we think it fell into enemy paws as we hear intermittent hammering sounds in the crawlspace. troops much demoralized.

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 19:53 (104980)

general larry sounds in pretty good condition, all things considered. sure, he smashed his finger, but he got to go out to eat, is lying in his bunker, and gets to go to work tomorrow and abandon this nasty battle for at least a day. but what about the troop? are you going to carry on alone tomorrow, without a hammer? what will be your weapon of choice? have you thought of sweet-talking them. i bet you'd be good at that.

nancy

pala on 1/06/03 at 20:05 (104981)

as is so often the case, the general doesn't seem to be much concerned for his troop. he's only interested in the glory. i guess i can throw the empty peanut butter jar at the rat. i just can't decide who the rat is. but now i have another problem. my good freind has a new girlfriend who used to be in the sex industry and is now retired. my friend wants to bring new girlfriend over and use my spa. i'm sort of a germaphobe at the best of times and all freaked out that i'll catch something from the ex ho. does bromine kill everything? my life is so weird.

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 20:24 (104982)

wow, this sounds like two wars at once.
i don't know what bromine is. if she's retired, you probably have nothing to worry about germ-wise. i'd worry more about the gist of the conversation and whether you're up for it. not sure i would be. does she have a new life, or is she just retired and that's it.
will the general be at home for this, or will you be on your own on this front too?
you're starting to make me happy to be snowed in with extreme cabin fever, no tv, and hammering going on day and night. it's going on now as i type. i wish he'd lose the hammer like the general did.

nancy

pala on 1/06/03 at 20:47 (104984)

bromine is like chlorine. oh i'm not concerned about the conversaion. i'm a buddhist and very tolerant or try to be. my freind is a wild child and always sharing wild stories. i just don't know if i should sit in a spa with one of them. who knows if she is really retired but then again who knows about anyone's secret life. the librarian might be wilder i suppose. yeah i reckon my life would make incarceration in the gulag look good. are you going crazy being snowed in ? are you used to this sort of thing i guess?

wendyn on 1/06/03 at 21:08 (104985)

It may be weird pala - but you always make me laugh!!!

nancy s. on 1/06/03 at 21:24 (104987)

i didn't mean worry about the conversation as a matter of tolerance. i try to be tolerant too, and 99.99999% of the time i don't have to try, it isn't even hard, so i figure i probably usually succeed at that if nothing else.

i just meant being able to participate in the conversation, knowing enough about that life to engage, but hey, curiosity is usually the best fosterer of learning, so i usually ask a lot of questions. people sometimes have to tell me to knock it off.

isn't a spa hot? that would cut the worry out for me right there. but i've never been overly concerned about germs. i think a lot more of them die before we even encounter them than they get credit for.
yes, i am going crazy being snowed in, as maybe you can tell from that last statement.

nancy

john h on 1/06/03 at 21:53 (104992)

reading all your post about rats has jogged my memory of a rat incident. while in Thailand. my alert crew was awakend one night with a big noise in our kitchen on the flight line. we all ran in there and there was a monster rat who had gotten in a 30 gallon metal garbage drum. our very alert aircraft mechanic took one of our fire extinguishers and froze him to death. he ws as stiff as a board and very very big. we also had an out door theatre and while watching a movie one evening (we even had popcorn) a large rat came down the isle between the seats dragging a bag of popcorn. strange thing about it no one paid any attention to him as he just wondered off with his bag of goodies.

john h on 1/06/03 at 21:58 (104993)

if she retired from the sex profession what does she and her boyfriend/husband do for fun? sounds like Brian's 'hey sailor---- friend'.

john h on 1/06/03 at 22:00 (104994)

spas are rather notorious for transmission of disease and certainly a breeding place for anything. sort of like a big pitri dish.

wendyn on 1/07/03 at 07:15 (105009)

Pala - hot tubs have been known to break down on ocassion....one can never be too sure when it will experience technical difficulties and be out of commission for just that evening that you had planned.

pala on 1/07/03 at 17:57 (105045)

wendyn, you sly fox, that was what i was thinking.

nancy s. on 1/07/03 at 21:55 (105065)

if that doesn't work, i was thinking you might want to bring up the subject of rats, embellishing your story where needed.

nancy

JudyS on 1/08/03 at 18:41 (105124)

Pala you are way too funny! I trust you've cared for the general's finger properly? (You know, tiny little angel kisses and all that...)

pala on 1/09/03 at 09:27 (105154)

'm not the tiny little angel kissies type, i'm afraid. but if constant sarcasm is healing then he should live forever.