Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

kitty's new name and new home!

Posted by marie e on 1/07/03 at 07:47 (105012)

I took all of your name suggestions and had the my students select one. I had to explain Birkenstock to them. Birkenstock was my pick. They liked Gypsy the best with Lucky coming in second. After class one of my students inquired about Gypsy's future. I generally keep the kittys that show up at my door until I can find a suitable home.....however long it takes. She wants a cat but mom and dad don't want a kitten. They are very nice people and they came over last night to meet Gypsy. This Saturday Gypsy will be moving in with a family of 3 girls. She will be the mistress of a heated barn behind their home. She will also become a 'laker' since their home is at one of the larger lakes in the county. It's nice to have a happy ending. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas.

marie

Re: kitty's new name and new home!

BrianG on 1/07/03 at 15:50 (105032)

Hi Marie,

If I change my name to Gypsy, do you think you can place me with a nice family, on a lake, for the summer? :*)

BrianG

carmen on 1/07/03 at 17:59 (105046)

Please please please make sure they spay her!!!! If she will be outside she will be susceptible to all kinds of possible 'male suiters'...this will only increase the chances of moer kitties on more doorsteps.
I beg you to tell them this. Also it increases her chances of cancer if she doesn't get fixed.
:o(

marie e on 1/07/03 at 18:47 (105052)

yes! yes! They plan on spaying her. She is staying with me for a few more days so the can get all the things she will need. Fluffy bed, toys, food, litter pan, a door...the girls had a list. I understand she is going to leave my house and go to the vet for a check up and to make an appointment for spay.

It is much nicer then what we can offer. I have three indoor cats now so Gypsy has been living in our garage(which is heated but still chilly). She has been on her own from what my neighbors say for over a year. She was pretty skinny when I finally decided to intervine several weeks ago. I had seen her off and on for a while but she was to wild to get close to. She's a sweetie poo now and plumping up just fine.

Gypsy is the second cat I have rescued in the last six months. The other cat is now a farm cat...also a house full of little girls. He has adjusted so well and is the King of the roost from what I understand.

marie e on 1/07/03 at 18:49 (105053)

Sounds great...caaaan you M-E-o-w?

BrianG on 1/08/03 at 16:00 (105112)

Ahhhh, after all this talk about spaying, I don't think I'm interested after all :*)

Re: kitty's new name and new home-the rest of the story:

JudyS on 1/08/03 at 18:36 (105122)

Approximately 20 years ago my family and I were attending an Easter party at my husband's sister's home. She lives on a canyon (lots of wild critters) in the middle of San Diego. We'd never wanted any pets (too much work?) and were quite happy with our two boys and daily lives. My sister-in-law was known for taking in stray anythings (except spa-determined ex ho's....) from skunks to, of course, cats. At the party she approached us with a beautiful, and tiny, grey tiger kitty. She said to my husband, her brother, 'Jack, you guys don't have a cat and you need to take this one home because she's little and is getting beat up in the canyon.' He and I sort of looked at eachother and shrugged with totally no interest. She thrust the cat in to his arms anyway and it went home with us. 15 years later, after having totally controlled our home, our minds, our hearts, she passed away and we were left with those hearts broken in pieces. We, of course, would now not dream of being without a kitty. Well, I know you've guessed it - her name was Gypsy.

Necee on 1/09/03 at 00:31 (105144)

I love reading the animal stories!
All my life I've had 'critters'. I believe they were put here on this earth to be companions and bring us happiness. It is our responsiblity to make sure that they are all taken care of and not neglected. I admire and respect anyone who has a place in their heart and home for one of Gods creatures. Can you imagine life without animals?!

Happy trails....

Necee

john h on 1/09/03 at 09:25 (105153)

My father was a dentist in a very small community in western North Carolina. When I was about 7 my kitty broke off one of her teeth. My dad put a gold crown on the tooth which remained there until she died many years later. I also remember an old country guy comming in one day with his pet fox with some sort of tooth problem and my dad did an extraction. The only tooth of mine he ever removed was a baby tooth which he tied a string around and then tied it to the door. When he opend the door yes out came the tooth. Being the only dentist within hundreds of miles it was either him or do it yourself..

BrianG on 1/07/03 at 15:50 (105032)

Hi Marie,

If I change my name to Gypsy, do you think you can place me with a nice family, on a lake, for the summer? :*)

BrianG

carmen on 1/07/03 at 17:59 (105046)

Please please please make sure they spay her!!!! If she will be outside she will be susceptible to all kinds of possible 'male suiters'...this will only increase the chances of moer kitties on more doorsteps.
I beg you to tell them this. Also it increases her chances of cancer if she doesn't get fixed.
:o(

marie e on 1/07/03 at 18:47 (105052)

yes! yes! They plan on spaying her. She is staying with me for a few more days so the can get all the things she will need. Fluffy bed, toys, food, litter pan, a door...the girls had a list. I understand she is going to leave my house and go to the vet for a check up and to make an appointment for spay.

It is much nicer then what we can offer. I have three indoor cats now so Gypsy has been living in our garage(which is heated but still chilly). She has been on her own from what my neighbors say for over a year. She was pretty skinny when I finally decided to intervine several weeks ago. I had seen her off and on for a while but she was to wild to get close to. She's a sweetie poo now and plumping up just fine.

Gypsy is the second cat I have rescued in the last six months. The other cat is now a farm cat...also a house full of little girls. He has adjusted so well and is the King of the roost from what I understand.

marie e on 1/07/03 at 18:49 (105053)

Sounds great...caaaan you M-E-o-w?

BrianG on 1/08/03 at 16:00 (105112)

Ahhhh, after all this talk about spaying, I don't think I'm interested after all :*)

JudyS on 1/08/03 at 18:36 (105122)

Approximately 20 years ago my family and I were attending an Easter party at my husband's sister's home. She lives on a canyon (lots of wild critters) in the middle of San Diego. We'd never wanted any pets (too much work?) and were quite happy with our two boys and daily lives. My sister-in-law was known for taking in stray anythings (except spa-determined ex ho's....) from skunks to, of course, cats. At the party she approached us with a beautiful, and tiny, grey tiger kitty. She said to my husband, her brother, 'Jack, you guys don't have a cat and you need to take this one home because she's little and is getting beat up in the canyon.' He and I sort of looked at eachother and shrugged with totally no interest. She thrust the cat in to his arms anyway and it went home with us. 15 years later, after having totally controlled our home, our minds, our hearts, she passed away and we were left with those hearts broken in pieces. We, of course, would now not dream of being without a kitty. Well, I know you've guessed it - her name was Gypsy.

Necee on 1/09/03 at 00:31 (105144)

I love reading the animal stories!
All my life I've had 'critters'. I believe they were put here on this earth to be companions and bring us happiness. It is our responsiblity to make sure that they are all taken care of and not neglected. I admire and respect anyone who has a place in their heart and home for one of Gods creatures. Can you imagine life without animals?!

Happy trails....

Necee

john h on 1/09/03 at 09:25 (105153)

My father was a dentist in a very small community in western North Carolina. When I was about 7 my kitty broke off one of her teeth. My dad put a gold crown on the tooth which remained there until she died many years later. I also remember an old country guy comming in one day with his pet fox with some sort of tooth problem and my dad did an extraction. The only tooth of mine he ever removed was a baby tooth which he tied a string around and then tied it to the door. When he opend the door yes out came the tooth. Being the only dentist within hundreds of miles it was either him or do it yourself..