Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 days post ESWT

Posted by Shell D on 1/07/03 at 08:48 (105015)

Well, I am 8 days post ESWT!!!! I had the OssaTron done on the 30th of December. So far, so good! Anything that I feel in my feet right now is NOTHING compared to the usual daily pain I have in them. I wouldn't even call it pain or even discomfort right now. I'm a nurse and haven't had to work since I had it done, so that might help too. I'm not quite sure how 10 hours on my feet would be. I'm doing the stretching I was told to do, and so far, I'm pleased with the results. I was told the complete healing may not take place for 12 weeks or more, so hopefully it will only keep getting better!

Re: 8 days post ESWT

Carole C in NOLA on 1/08/03 at 11:41 (105090)

Glad to hear of your excellent ESWT results, Shell! :)

Carole C

Liz P on 1/18/03 at 20:41 (105859)

Shell,

Glad to hear your OssaTron treatment was successful so far! Can you tell me why you went with the OssaTron and not the low intensity Sonorex (done without anasthetic and no outpatient hospitalization)? Also, can you tell me if your insurance company covered your OssaTron treatment?

I'm having the Sonorex in about three weeks. Can't wait for some relief!

Liz P
(email removed)

Shell D on 1/19/03 at 12:23 (105927)

Hi Liz,
Actually I have never heard of the Sonorex treatments. Back in July of 2001 my doctor tried to get my insurance to cover the Ossa Tron treatment, but they denied it. I ended up having surgery for my PF and it was unsuccessful. Now 1 1/2 years later my insurance covers OssaTron so I decided to give it a try. I AM SO THANKFUL I DID!!! I have had SO much pain in my feet for the past 5 years with PF. I am a nurse and on my feet 8-10 hours each shift. It was getting to the point of possibly having to change careers because the pain was so bad. I had the OssaTron treatment on December 30 and to be quite honest with you, I haven't had any pain or discomfort since! There have been a couple of time where the arches of my feet 'ached' but weren't painful. That may have been from standing too long too. It's only been 3 weeks since the treatment and my feet are GREAT! My doctor said it may take up to 12 weeks to have complete healing, but even it this would be as good as it would get, I'd be very pleased.
A far as enesthetic, I was put to sleep with something through my IV and never felt a thing. Woke up and was home an hour later. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who knows the pain of PF.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Shell D

Bev N on 2/04/03 at 17:58 (107998)

Shell, Where did you have this treatment done? You said your ins, covered the cost? I too am a nurse, however I have not been able to work for 3 months due to the severe pain I am in. I have been through all treatments,for a year and still in chronic pain.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/08/03 at 11:41 (105090)

Glad to hear of your excellent ESWT results, Shell! :)

Carole C

Liz P on 1/18/03 at 20:41 (105859)

Shell,

Glad to hear your OssaTron treatment was successful so far! Can you tell me why you went with the OssaTron and not the low intensity Sonorex (done without anasthetic and no outpatient hospitalization)? Also, can you tell me if your insurance company covered your OssaTron treatment?

I'm having the Sonorex in about three weeks. Can't wait for some relief!

Liz P
(email removed)

Shell D on 1/19/03 at 12:23 (105927)

Hi Liz,
Actually I have never heard of the Sonorex treatments. Back in July of 2001 my doctor tried to get my insurance to cover the Ossa Tron treatment, but they denied it. I ended up having surgery for my PF and it was unsuccessful. Now 1 1/2 years later my insurance covers OssaTron so I decided to give it a try. I AM SO THANKFUL I DID!!! I have had SO much pain in my feet for the past 5 years with PF. I am a nurse and on my feet 8-10 hours each shift. It was getting to the point of possibly having to change careers because the pain was so bad. I had the OssaTron treatment on December 30 and to be quite honest with you, I haven't had any pain or discomfort since! There have been a couple of time where the arches of my feet 'ached' but weren't painful. That may have been from standing too long too. It's only been 3 weeks since the treatment and my feet are GREAT! My doctor said it may take up to 12 weeks to have complete healing, but even it this would be as good as it would get, I'd be very pleased.
A far as enesthetic, I was put to sleep with something through my IV and never felt a thing. Woke up and was home an hour later. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who knows the pain of PF.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Shell D

Bev N on 2/04/03 at 17:58 (107998)

Shell, Where did you have this treatment done? You said your ins, covered the cost? I too am a nurse, however I have not been able to work for 3 months due to the severe pain I am in. I have been through all treatments,for a year and still in chronic pain.