Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoesprings

Posted by Sharon F. on 1/07/03 at 12:52 (105025)

Has anyone heard of or purchased an athletic shoe called 'Shoesprings', which feature built-in springs in the sole of the shoe? I've had a nurse friend tell me that it her pair has totally relieved her heel pain while t working on her feet for 13 hours.

Sharon F.

Re: shoesprings

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/07/03 at 22:58 (105072)

Sharon:
It would be somewhat hard to envision how springs on the soles could eliminate heel pain. Ask your firend were she obtained them.
There are a line of shoes with springs on the heels known as 'Z-coils' which have been discussed on this site previously.
Ed

Sharon F. on 1/08/03 at 05:46 (105080)

Dr. Davis:
My friend lives in El Paso where the shoes are made. The website is http://www.shoepring.com ; Some of the vendors listed are podiatrists. If you check it out I would be interested in your comments!! Thanks, Sharon F.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/08/03 at 15:10 (105109)

Seems like an interesting concept. They are using two springs -- heel and sole as opposed to the one spring in the heel of Z-coil. Their shoe does not appear to have the rigid orthotic like device found in the Z-coil.

They may be helpful from the standpoint of energy return and shock absorbtion. The unknown entity, at this point, is their level of stability.

Stability is the larger issue in a high percentage of PF patients so we will need more info.....
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/07/03 at 22:58 (105072)

Sharon:
It would be somewhat hard to envision how springs on the soles could eliminate heel pain. Ask your firend were she obtained them.
There are a line of shoes with springs on the heels known as 'Z-coils' which have been discussed on this site previously.
Ed

Sharon F. on 1/08/03 at 05:46 (105080)

Dr. Davis:
My friend lives in El Paso where the shoes are made. The website is http://www.shoepring.com ; Some of the vendors listed are podiatrists. If you check it out I would be interested in your comments!! Thanks, Sharon F.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/08/03 at 15:10 (105109)

Seems like an interesting concept. They are using two springs -- heel and sole as opposed to the one spring in the heel of Z-coil. Their shoe does not appear to have the rigid orthotic like device found in the Z-coil.

They may be helpful from the standpoint of energy return and shock absorbtion. The unknown entity, at this point, is their level of stability.

Stability is the larger issue in a high percentage of PF patients so we will need more info.....
Ed