Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt in England or Europe

Posted by alexander C. on 1/10/03 at 07:12 (105190)

Would anyone have any info on where I can get this treatment in the UK or perhaps Europe. I live in London. I know of a clinic here that uses a machine called Reflectron by HMT of Switzerland, but the price per session is only £150 which makes me suspect that its not the best... Thanks in advance.

Re: eswt in England or Europe

Marina B. on 1/10/03 at 08:25 (105195)

In Italy different devices for ESWT are used in public and private clinics. The differences are in the type of ESW generator, the co-presence of US guide and the range of energy which can be erogated.
The ability of operator is the plus value for the result of the treatment.
The prices are ranging between 130 to 200 Euro per treatment (less than 150£).
If you need some further informations, visit our web-site 'eswt.it' and do not esitate to contact us. Marina Berta M.D., Torino, Italy.

AmyM on 1/10/03 at 12:35 (105213)

There are a few places, but they are all in the south of England.

http://www.ovingclinic.co.uk are based near Chichester in West Sussex and another one is The Chelsea clinic in London.

I think there was a trial at Newcastle, but that stopped a few years ago and I haven't heard of anyone being treated there.

Try searching for UK (and U.K.) on these boards and see what you find. I know of one person on these boards who had ESWT done in the UK, try searching the message boards for Pete R

ESWT is an awful lot cheaper here than in the states so don't let that put you off, however not as many people have had it here so if you're looking for experience head to Germany or the states (if you can afford to consider that option) Hope this helps.

Neil B on 1/10/03 at 15:49 (105220)

YES! Oving Clinic in Sussex-I had eswt there a few days ago-excellent service and no pain afterwards-already feeling better after 2.5 yrs .

JudyS on 1/10/03 at 17:34 (105226)

Alexander - you might want to wait a few days for your answer - one of our posters, Julie, lives in London also and may know about ESW there. She's away on vacation right now.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/10/03 at 19:20 (105232)

Alexander:

Don't let the seemingly low price dissuade you. Reflectron is a successful low energy unit made by the same people who make Ossatron.
The economics of ESWT are significantly distorted by politics in the US and are a very poor guide of what costs should be.
Ed

Bill on 1/11/03 at 08:02 (105244)

Dr Davis is right. The economics of ESWT in the US are distorted by
the FDA requirement that each machine prove that it works before
being used on patients. It's a safety and effectiveness thing.
Ask for studies! Ask for proof!

alexander C. on 1/11/03 at 08:39 (105247)

Thanks so much for your response. I have also received a message from another well-wisher saying the clinic near me is very good. But it uses alow-energy device. Would you have e view as to whether hi-energy is preferable?

Thanks again

alexander C. on 1/11/03 at 08:42 (105248)

Thanks so much for your response. I have also received a message from another well-wisher saying the clinic near me is very good. But it uses a low-energy device. Would you have e view as to whether hi-energy is preferable?

thnx again.

Pete R on 1/13/03 at 13:12 (105367)

I had ESWT done by John Reynolds, Citisport at Epsom, can't remember phone no but directory enquiries should assist. £240 for both feet. I had no respite but since been told I don't have PF !

The Oving clinic has a higher powered machine with ultrasound which some doc's here think is very important

Good luck and if you find anywhere else let us all know. It took me a long time to suss out anywhere in the UK

Marina B. on 1/10/03 at 08:25 (105195)

In Italy different devices for ESWT are used in public and private clinics. The differences are in the type of ESW generator, the co-presence of US guide and the range of energy which can be erogated.
The ability of operator is the plus value for the result of the treatment.
The prices are ranging between 130 to 200 Euro per treatment (less than 150£).
If you need some further informations, visit our web-site 'eswt.it' and do not esitate to contact us. Marina Berta M.D., Torino, Italy.

AmyM on 1/10/03 at 12:35 (105213)

There are a few places, but they are all in the south of England.

http://www.ovingclinic.co.uk are based near Chichester in West Sussex and another one is The Chelsea clinic in London.

I think there was a trial at Newcastle, but that stopped a few years ago and I haven't heard of anyone being treated there.

Try searching for UK (and U.K.) on these boards and see what you find. I know of one person on these boards who had ESWT done in the UK, try searching the message boards for Pete R

ESWT is an awful lot cheaper here than in the states so don't let that put you off, however not as many people have had it here so if you're looking for experience head to Germany or the states (if you can afford to consider that option) Hope this helps.

Neil B on 1/10/03 at 15:49 (105220)

YES! Oving Clinic in Sussex-I had eswt there a few days ago-excellent service and no pain afterwards-already feeling better after 2.5 yrs .

JudyS on 1/10/03 at 17:34 (105226)

Alexander - you might want to wait a few days for your answer - one of our posters, Julie, lives in London also and may know about ESW there. She's away on vacation right now.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/10/03 at 19:20 (105232)

Alexander:

Don't let the seemingly low price dissuade you. Reflectron is a successful low energy unit made by the same people who make Ossatron.
The economics of ESWT are significantly distorted by politics in the US and are a very poor guide of what costs should be.
Ed

Bill on 1/11/03 at 08:02 (105244)

Dr Davis is right. The economics of ESWT in the US are distorted by
the FDA requirement that each machine prove that it works before
being used on patients. It's a safety and effectiveness thing.
Ask for studies! Ask for proof!

alexander C. on 1/11/03 at 08:39 (105247)

Thanks so much for your response. I have also received a message from another well-wisher saying the clinic near me is very good. But it uses alow-energy device. Would you have e view as to whether hi-energy is preferable?

Thanks again

alexander C. on 1/11/03 at 08:42 (105248)

Thanks so much for your response. I have also received a message from another well-wisher saying the clinic near me is very good. But it uses a low-energy device. Would you have e view as to whether hi-energy is preferable?

thnx again.

Pete R on 1/13/03 at 13:12 (105367)

I had ESWT done by John Reynolds, Citisport at Epsom, can't remember phone no but directory enquiries should assist. £240 for both feet. I had no respite but since been told I don't have PF !

The Oving clinic has a higher powered machine with ultrasound which some doc's here think is very important

Good luck and if you find anywhere else let us all know. It took me a long time to suss out anywhere in the UK