Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT & Tennis Elbow

Posted by Chris T on 1/12/03 at 16:11 (105317)

I am considering ESWT for chronic tendonitis in my elbows. Has anyone used ESWT for median or lateral epicondylitis?

Re: ESWT & Tennis Elbow

Marina B. on 1/13/03 at 11:42 (105356)

ESWT is used for treatment of tennis elbow with good results (82%), though, in our experience, medial epicondylitis shows less significant resuls (70%) than lateral epicondylitis (94%). If you need further information can visit our web-site 'eswt.it' : on home page click 'bibliografia scientifica' . The 3th reference reports (in English)the results obtained by Wang, a very experienced operator, in patients suffering from lateral epicondylitis.
Do not hesitate to contact us. Marina Berta M.D., Torino, Italy.

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 1/13/03 at 21:10 (105419)

We treat tennis elbow routinely since 1999 with excellent result. Our success rate is 86%.
We, as well as many other clnics and researchers, find a much lower succes rate for epicondylitis medialis (golfer's elbow).

Dave R on 1/13/03 at 23:15 (105426)

I have had tx for lateral epicondylitis after 1 year of nothing else working. So far the EWST hasn't worked either (I had the Sonnocur Basic in Oct 02). They are going to give me 2 more treatments since the first 3 had no effect. I got the tx at a clinic that just got the machine. I would have rather gone to a more experianced practitioner but I'm in the US and workers comp wouldn't pay to go to Canada. Keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes it or it finally goes away. Good luck.

john h on 1/14/03 at 11:34 (105468)

Sunny: can eswt of the elbow help my golf slice?

Chris T on 1/14/03 at 21:37 (105505)

Hello Dave R

I really appreciate your reply. It seems to me this website has a number of professionals or people trying to get you to use their ESWT service talking back and forth, but very few personal testimonials like yours saying I tried it and it did or didn't work. I am located 60mi from Toronto and have talked to Dr Gordon aka theshockwavedoc in Mississauga a suburb of Toronto. He told me he has treated 60 people for lateral epi. with the Ossatron high energy machine. 30 recovered completely, 28 experienced varying degrees of less pain and 2 were the same or worse. Cost was $1200 Cdn. and not covered by my medical insurance. Dr Gordon also stated ESWT will not work for medial epi. I understand how the shock wave treatment works and it sounds promising for me.....I have had chronic tendinitis in both elbows for 3yrs but the cost sure makes one sit up and want to investigate just what other people have experienced. Good luck with your next treatments!

Cheers, Chris

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 1/15/03 at 08:22 (105510)

Sorry John, for that you may require perhaps the assistance of a good golf coach. However, if your concern is golfer's elbow, the success rate is much lower than for tennis elbow (as I have mentioned before).
Could you please provide me again with your email address and contact information? I have lost it when we did a computer changeover.
Thanks.
Sunny ((email removed))

Marina B. on 1/13/03 at 11:42 (105356)

ESWT is used for treatment of tennis elbow with good results (82%), though, in our experience, medial epicondylitis shows less significant resuls (70%) than lateral epicondylitis (94%). If you need further information can visit our web-site 'eswt.it' : on home page click 'bibliografia scientifica' . The 3th reference reports (in English)the results obtained by Wang, a very experienced operator, in patients suffering from lateral epicondylitis.
Do not hesitate to contact us. Marina Berta M.D., Torino, Italy.

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 1/13/03 at 21:10 (105419)

We treat tennis elbow routinely since 1999 with excellent result. Our success rate is 86%.
We, as well as many other clnics and researchers, find a much lower succes rate for epicondylitis medialis (golfer's elbow).

Dave R on 1/13/03 at 23:15 (105426)

I have had tx for lateral epicondylitis after 1 year of nothing else working. So far the EWST hasn't worked either (I had the Sonnocur Basic in Oct 02). They are going to give me 2 more treatments since the first 3 had no effect. I got the tx at a clinic that just got the machine. I would have rather gone to a more experianced practitioner but I'm in the US and workers comp wouldn't pay to go to Canada. Keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes it or it finally goes away. Good luck.

john h on 1/14/03 at 11:34 (105468)

Sunny: can eswt of the elbow help my golf slice?

Chris T on 1/14/03 at 21:37 (105505)

Hello Dave R

I really appreciate your reply. It seems to me this website has a number of professionals or people trying to get you to use their ESWT service talking back and forth, but very few personal testimonials like yours saying I tried it and it did or didn't work. I am located 60mi from Toronto and have talked to Dr Gordon aka theshockwavedoc in Mississauga a suburb of Toronto. He told me he has treated 60 people for lateral epi. with the Ossatron high energy machine. 30 recovered completely, 28 experienced varying degrees of less pain and 2 were the same or worse. Cost was $1200 Cdn. and not covered by my medical insurance. Dr Gordon also stated ESWT will not work for medial epi. I understand how the shock wave treatment works and it sounds promising for me.....I have had chronic tendinitis in both elbows for 3yrs but the cost sure makes one sit up and want to investigate just what other people have experienced. Good luck with your next treatments!

Cheers, Chris

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 1/15/03 at 08:22 (105510)

Sorry John, for that you may require perhaps the assistance of a good golf coach. However, if your concern is golfer's elbow, the success rate is much lower than for tennis elbow (as I have mentioned before).
Could you please provide me again with your email address and contact information? I have lost it when we did a computer changeover.
Thanks.
Sunny ((email removed))