Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgeon with best success rate?

Posted by Pat C on 1/14/03 at 08:48 (105439)

I have one of the largest heel spurs my podiatrist has ever seen. Am female, age 55 and normal weight. Have walked barefoot in house for 20 years--only now do I realize that this was bad. Anyway, I have had taping, orthotics, etc and at this point, I am not able to walk normally. Pain is so bad (7-8 on 1-10 scale), I am limping. My question..Who has the most experience (preferably in Florida)with removing heel spurs? I am a nurse and know that the surgeon's experience is important in terms of outcome.

Re: Surgeon with best success rate?

Dr. Z on 1/14/03 at 20:34 (105503)

I would first research ESWT which is a non-invasive procedure without the risks of foot surgery. We can give you information on this procedure and even send you a packet on this topic. We have used ESWT for over three years with excellent results. Just e-mail Dr. Z @ (email removed)
and I will arrange for a packet to be sent

Dr. A on 1/15/03 at 21:41 (105567)

DO NOT HAVE SURGERY BEFORE TRYING ESWT.

Dr. Z on 1/14/03 at 20:34 (105503)

I would first research ESWT which is a non-invasive procedure without the risks of foot surgery. We can give you information on this procedure and even send you a packet on this topic. We have used ESWT for over three years with excellent results. Just e-mail Dr. Z @ (email removed)
and I will arrange for a packet to be sent

Dr. A on 1/15/03 at 21:41 (105567)

DO NOT HAVE SURGERY BEFORE TRYING ESWT.