Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in Heel

Posted by Jim G on 1/15/03 at 14:39 (105527)

For about six months I have had a pressure pain in the heel of my left foot. I can feel it more when I'm bare footed while I walk. Last week I noticed that the front part of my left thy had a burning sensation and was sensitive to the touch. What could be my problem?

Re: Pain in Heel

georgette on 1/15/03 at 14:48 (105528)

I had the ossatron treatmen 30Aug 02 I am still hurting.
In fact it is worse. I have pain now not only when I walk but sit. Sharp pain like electical shock comes and goes..
My doctor has Rx cortisone tx that did not help and I have tried the NADS and no relief.
I am due for a MRI later this week to determine if there is another problem but if non are visable what should we do??
Is it a good idea to request a re application of the ossatron treatment?
Thanks
Georgette

Dr. Z on 1/15/03 at 17:01 (105537)

If all is all with the mri and it is still determined that you have insertional chronic plantar fasciitis the a retreat could change the pain in your pain. Very important to make sure this pf. I happen to like an ultrasound when viewing pf . The mri is good also. So if the mri is normal then ultrasound can still show pf Good luck. Keep asking questions

georgette on 1/16/03 at 07:47 (105581)

Thank you for your reply.
I had the MRI now waiting the results.
I have not had a ulta sound would that tell more than the MRI?
Regards
Georgette

Dr. Z on 1/16/03 at 23:23 (105664)

An ultrasound can tell you more about the thickness of the mri . The mri rules out stress fracture, infection , ligament and tendon tears. Mri is a good test and tells you more in general but the ultrasound shows the pf moving in present time . Good to get if the mri is normal

georgette on 1/17/03 at 11:55 (105684)

I have received the results of the MRI and the facia has thicken and it is recommended that the Ossatron procedure be repeated.
Do you concur?

georgette on 1/15/03 at 14:48 (105528)

I had the ossatron treatmen 30Aug 02 I am still hurting.
In fact it is worse. I have pain now not only when I walk but sit. Sharp pain like electical shock comes and goes..
My doctor has Rx cortisone tx that did not help and I have tried the NADS and no relief.
I am due for a MRI later this week to determine if there is another problem but if non are visable what should we do??
Is it a good idea to request a re application of the ossatron treatment?
Thanks
Georgette

Dr. Z on 1/15/03 at 17:01 (105537)

If all is all with the mri and it is still determined that you have insertional chronic plantar fasciitis the a retreat could change the pain in your pain. Very important to make sure this pf. I happen to like an ultrasound when viewing pf . The mri is good also. So if the mri is normal then ultrasound can still show pf Good luck. Keep asking questions

georgette on 1/16/03 at 07:47 (105581)

Thank you for your reply.
I had the MRI now waiting the results.
I have not had a ulta sound would that tell more than the MRI?
Regards
Georgette

Dr. Z on 1/16/03 at 23:23 (105664)

An ultrasound can tell you more about the thickness of the mri . The mri rules out stress fracture, infection , ligament and tendon tears. Mri is a good test and tells you more in general but the ultrasound shows the pf moving in present time . Good to get if the mri is normal

georgette on 1/17/03 at 11:55 (105684)

I have received the results of the MRI and the facia has thicken and it is recommended that the Ossatron procedure be repeated.
Do you concur?