Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NCV test came back positive but Neurologist freaked me out!!!

Posted by Marty on 1/15/03 at 18:18 (105541)

Nerve conduction test came back positive but what freaked me out the Neurologist came in to basically tell me that I was not his patient and that he would give the results back to my pod. He could not hold his thoughts back however and he mentioned he thought I might have other problems according to the NVC results. I ask what, he said he could not tell me because it would be fair to him nor me since I was just squeezed in for the test and he didn't have the time to go into it. I asked the assistant what he had told her and all she said was he thinks you have Neuroma. As I was hobbling out of the office he stopped me and said that I really need to have other tests done to rule out other possibilities. Asked me to ask my ask relatives if they have had any problems like I have been having. I told him I was on 1200 mg of nurontine he asked me if I was put on them by my pod or my physician. I told him 5 years ago I had all blood test done by my physician and he didn't know what I had and he gave me a prescription for Neurontin. He seemed surprised and told me he would need all new test if I came back to him and then he said you should be on 2000 mg of Neurontin. ????? He seemed really good this guy and the next appointment he has is over a month away.

What do I do ??? I'm going back to Pod next week and I did make an appointment to go back the Neurologist. But what did he see in the test if anything??? How can he see other things???? Seemed pretty confident I have something other then TTS??? Man this is killing me. More time ..... More money and of coarse he's going to lean to what he specializes in. What in freak is going on !!!!!!

Any responses would really be appreciated.

Marty

Re: NCV test came back positive but Neurologist freaked me out!!!

Dr. Z on 1/15/03 at 20:06 (105558)

This guy will give your referring doctor a report of his findings and recommendations as what you have and what he feels is necessary to treat you. The rest of what he told me might just be a mis-understanding.

Marty on 1/15/03 at 22:06 (105569)

Thank you Doctor Z. Maybe I just didn't really know what to except and he didn't want to step on my POD's toes. .... No pun intended.

Marty

Dr. Z on 1/15/03 at 22:15 (105571)

He could of told you he would send all his recommendation to your Pod. Really strange behavior on the part of this doc

Dr. Z on 1/15/03 at 20:06 (105558)

This guy will give your referring doctor a report of his findings and recommendations as what you have and what he feels is necessary to treat you. The rest of what he told me might just be a mis-understanding.

Marty on 1/15/03 at 22:06 (105569)

Thank you Doctor Z. Maybe I just didn't really know what to except and he didn't want to step on my POD's toes. .... No pun intended.

Marty

Dr. Z on 1/15/03 at 22:15 (105571)

He could of told you he would send all his recommendation to your Pod. Really strange behavior on the part of this doc