Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Extremely painful heels (both)

Posted by Susan D on 1/16/03 at 15:09 (105624)

Have been wearing dansko clogs for last 4 or 5 years - which are suppose to be excellent for feet. New pair in Sept. have worn every day all winter. Last month or so getting more and more painful Could hardly walk t\yesturday and today- and cannot stomach alieve & motrin. Have a desk job and also play violin and practice, standing on my feet, aprox 4 hrs a day.
Sounds like the heal spurs you are speaking of- as it is painful when I first step out of bed in morning. Moved to condo with carpet over concrete slab floor about a year ago- so floor is very hard.
Was surprised about shoes though - thought they are best for feet. As I do have a high arch.
Thanks for you comments.-I guess stretching would be a good thing.

Re: Extremely painful heels (both)

Dr. Z on 1/16/03 at 19:35 (105643)

So you have pain when you first get up in the morning after an eight period of sleep. You must stretch or warm up the tendons in your foot and lower leg before step out of bed. An anti-inflamatory medication is a very good idea. Hot soak twenty minutes daily . Read the heel pain book. If this doesn't improve your foot in two week you need to get an examination by a podiatrist to find out what is going on. and last but not taken lightly is no bare feet not even in the bath or shower

Re: Extremely painful heels (both)

Dr. Z on 1/16/03 at 19:35 (105643)

So you have pain when you first get up in the morning after an eight period of sleep. You must stretch or warm up the tendons in your foot and lower leg before step out of bed. An anti-inflamatory medication is a very good idea. Hot soak twenty minutes daily . Read the heel pain book. If this doesn't improve your foot in two week you need to get an examination by a podiatrist to find out what is going on. and last but not taken lightly is no bare feet not even in the bath or shower