Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Am I posting wrong?? Looks like it. Advice appreciated

Posted by Marty on 1/16/03 at 17:17 (105627)

Am I posting wrong?? Does everyone see all the same posts too or do most just go to each message group and just see. I guess if you only see one you wont know what the heck I'm talking about. LOL Sheesh Sorry

Marty

Re: Am I posting wrong?? Looks like it. Advice appreciated

Mar on 1/16/03 at 17:56 (105634)

Marty -

I've been on this board for about 8 months and I just found this Home board myself!! I always went to each different board. I'm not sure if I'll find my way back here again, so good luck to both of us!! Mar

Mar on 1/16/03 at 18:00 (105635)

Well, I guess it isn;t a home board, just another board. Guess you have to go to each one separately??? Mar

nancy s. on 1/17/03 at 02:44 (105665)

marty and mar,

i think most people use the 'messages posted since your last visit,' which you click on at the message boards home page (the one that also lists all the boards). (except wendy likes 'reverse order,' which lists everything posted forever, starting with the most recent and on backward from there. she can't help it.)

up top on the message boards home page it gives you three viewing options, besides allowing you to click on and go to any one board:

INDEX OF ALL HEEL PAIN MESSAGES: here you see all the threads from all the boards. it's formatted like the index of each individual board, but includes the subject lines and posters from all of them.

MESSAGES POSTED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT: this feature shows you, in chronological order, all the posts made since you last came to this site. click on it, and you'll see the subject line, name of poster, date and time, and text of each message, plus the name of the board on which each message was posted. after reading all the new messages, i also click on the 'social/support' link at the top, since social/support messages don't appear in that first '...since your last visit' list; but clicking on that link gives you all the social/support messages since your last visit, with all the same info.
By using this feature, for example, i see all your posts, marty, and everyone else's too. i use this several times a day -- whenever i come here.

REVERSE ORDER: this provides something similar to 'messages posted since your last visit,' but in backwards-chronological order. and it doesn't stop at messages you may already have read; it just gives you every post made, in reverse order.

i hope this is clearer than i feel! you probably know this stuff, but just in case you didn't, i thought i'd take a stab at the question.

nancy
p.s. the heelspurs.com board is for messages to (and from) scott, and is usually about technical aspects of the site.

Mar on 1/17/03 at 07:25 (105673)

Nancy -

Thanks! I didn;t realize these other options. I guess I just never took the time to explore them! Now I unserstand how people answer a post that may have started so long ago and is so far down on a particular board. Life is great -- you learn something new each day! Mar

Marty on 1/17/03 at 08:08 (105675)

Thanks nancy s for some reason I just can't get use to the since your last visit because it doesn't show everyone's' conversations and I can't remember what others have said. I have to back to read theirs to remember what what's going on. Just seem weird to see all three of my posts of the same question that I posted in the different boards. I'm going to give 'since last visit a try'

Marty

Julie on 1/17/03 at 08:33 (105676)

Marty, you'll probably find, as I have, that if you read 'Messages posted since your last visit' regularly, you will remember the gist of ongoing conversations. On the occasions when I don't remember but think I need to know, I click on 'View thread', which takes me to the whole conversation.

Mar on 1/16/03 at 17:56 (105634)

Marty -

I've been on this board for about 8 months and I just found this Home board myself!! I always went to each different board. I'm not sure if I'll find my way back here again, so good luck to both of us!! Mar

Mar on 1/16/03 at 18:00 (105635)

Well, I guess it isn;t a home board, just another board. Guess you have to go to each one separately??? Mar

nancy s. on 1/17/03 at 02:44 (105665)

marty and mar,

i think most people use the 'messages posted since your last visit,' which you click on at the message boards home page (the one that also lists all the boards). (except wendy likes 'reverse order,' which lists everything posted forever, starting with the most recent and on backward from there. she can't help it.)

up top on the message boards home page it gives you three viewing options, besides allowing you to click on and go to any one board:

INDEX OF ALL HEEL PAIN MESSAGES: here you see all the threads from all the boards. it's formatted like the index of each individual board, but includes the subject lines and posters from all of them.

MESSAGES POSTED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT: this feature shows you, in chronological order, all the posts made since you last came to this site. click on it, and you'll see the subject line, name of poster, date and time, and text of each message, plus the name of the board on which each message was posted. after reading all the new messages, i also click on the 'social/support' link at the top, since social/support messages don't appear in that first '...since your last visit' list; but clicking on that link gives you all the social/support messages since your last visit, with all the same info.
By using this feature, for example, i see all your posts, marty, and everyone else's too. i use this several times a day -- whenever i come here.

REVERSE ORDER: this provides something similar to 'messages posted since your last visit,' but in backwards-chronological order. and it doesn't stop at messages you may already have read; it just gives you every post made, in reverse order.

i hope this is clearer than i feel! you probably know this stuff, but just in case you didn't, i thought i'd take a stab at the question.

nancy
p.s. the heelspurs.com board is for messages to (and from) scott, and is usually about technical aspects of the site.

Mar on 1/17/03 at 07:25 (105673)

Nancy -

Thanks! I didn;t realize these other options. I guess I just never took the time to explore them! Now I unserstand how people answer a post that may have started so long ago and is so far down on a particular board. Life is great -- you learn something new each day! Mar

Marty on 1/17/03 at 08:08 (105675)

Thanks nancy s for some reason I just can't get use to the since your last visit because it doesn't show everyone's' conversations and I can't remember what others have said. I have to back to read theirs to remember what what's going on. Just seem weird to see all three of my posts of the same question that I posted in the different boards. I'm going to give 'since last visit a try'

Marty

Julie on 1/17/03 at 08:33 (105676)

Marty, you'll probably find, as I have, that if you read 'Messages posted since your last visit' regularly, you will remember the gist of ongoing conversations. On the occasions when I don't remember but think I need to know, I click on 'View thread', which takes me to the whole conversation.