Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ruptured plantar fascia

Posted by sam s on 1/17/03 at 17:24 (105722)

my daughter has a ruptured plantar fascia, she was just placed in a cast for 6 weeks, is treatment the norm?

Re: ruptured plantar fascia

Dr. Z on 1/18/03 at 17:27 (105831)

Hi

Casting, physical therapy, orthosis and sometimes ESWT . The casting is the first line to start with. How did she rupture the fascia

sam s on 1/18/03 at 18:12 (105835)

thank you, she ruptured it while jogging but I believe it's a partial rupture? Last night the cast became to tight( alot of pain,burning, numbness around little toe area beneath cast), took her to e.r., they took it off and put her in a soft cast. She is to go back to M.D. Mon.

Bob B on 1/19/03 at 19:27 (105978)

I too have a ruptured plantar fascia. My doctor sent me to a Cped and he fit me with orthotics. I have been wearing them since Dec 30 and am getting lots of rest. So far, so good. From what I have researched, not everyone gets the exact same treatment and what works for one might not for another.
Good luck. It isn't fun
Bob B

Dr. Z on 1/18/03 at 17:27 (105831)

Hi

Casting, physical therapy, orthosis and sometimes ESWT . The casting is the first line to start with. How did she rupture the fascia

sam s on 1/18/03 at 18:12 (105835)

thank you, she ruptured it while jogging but I believe it's a partial rupture? Last night the cast became to tight( alot of pain,burning, numbness around little toe area beneath cast), took her to e.r., they took it off and put her in a soft cast. She is to go back to M.D. Mon.

Bob B on 1/19/03 at 19:27 (105978)

I too have a ruptured plantar fascia. My doctor sent me to a Cped and he fit me with orthotics. I have been wearing them since Dec 30 and am getting lots of rest. So far, so good. From what I have researched, not everyone gets the exact same treatment and what works for one might not for another.
Good luck. It isn't fun
Bob B