Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Injury from Indoor Soccer

Posted by Michael H on 1/21/03 at 08:13 (106116)

I have never had a foot injury before (28 years old and been playing soccer all my life). This past Sunday following the indoor soccer game, when I got home, I felt a shooting pain in my heel when I would step. More specifically when I would transfer weight from my left foot to my right, when my left foot would stretch a little (the injury is in my left foot).

The pain is an inch high from the ground and directly in the middle of my heel.

Is there a brace/support I can wear that will make it go away? Can ice help it (it is now Tuesday morning)?

Thank you

Re: Heel Injury from Indoor Soccer

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/21/03 at 10:51 (106130)

I would get your weight off the foot asap. You may have a stress fracture and or plantar fasciitis. Treat this like a broken bone until you have an examination and an x-ray. You may need to wear a boot cast for a few weeks

Re: Heel Injury from Indoor Soccer

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/21/03 at 10:51 (106130)

I would get your weight off the foot asap. You may have a stress fracture and or plantar fasciitis. Treat this like a broken bone until you have an examination and an x-ray. You may need to wear a boot cast for a few weeks