Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

web site band width

Posted by Scott R on 1/21/03 at 13:56 (106151)

Has anyone noticed the web site acting slow this past weekend? My host provider contacted me saying the web site traffic increased by a factor of 3. The web site seemed slow to me this weekend and the only thing I can figure is that someone is trying to download the entire web site. Maybe a search engine. Actually, I should also ask if anyone noticed if the web site was as fast as usual.

Re: web site band width

Carole C in NOLA on 1/21/03 at 14:18 (106154)

Scott,

I was posting over the weekend, and I didn't notice it being any slower to read than usual. Of course, I wasn't looking for that, but usually if a site is really bogged down then I get impatient and that didn't happen. I have cable modem access, so you'd think I would have noticed.

I did notice that when I posted a message, it was unusually slower. I was playing Yukon waiting for it to finish, each time, so that I wouldn't be tempted to push the 'post message' button again. But, I didn't notice any slowness in reading the board.

Carole C

nancy s. on 1/21/03 at 14:28 (106160)

scott, i noticed slowness once, for about an hour. i was slow to get in, the scrolling was slower than usual, and my posts were slow to get posted. other than for that relatively short period of time, i didn't notice any difference.

nancy

Julie on 1/21/03 at 16:09 (106169)

I haven't noticed anything, Scott.

marie e on 1/21/03 at 20:45 (106213)

Scott,

I noticed the site was slow over the weekend. It seemed like it took about 3-4 minutes to do a post. Switching from one board to another was also sluggish.

marie

Carole C in NOLA on 1/21/03 at 14:18 (106154)

Scott,

I was posting over the weekend, and I didn't notice it being any slower to read than usual. Of course, I wasn't looking for that, but usually if a site is really bogged down then I get impatient and that didn't happen. I have cable modem access, so you'd think I would have noticed.

I did notice that when I posted a message, it was unusually slower. I was playing Yukon waiting for it to finish, each time, so that I wouldn't be tempted to push the 'post message' button again. But, I didn't notice any slowness in reading the board.

Carole C

nancy s. on 1/21/03 at 14:28 (106160)

scott, i noticed slowness once, for about an hour. i was slow to get in, the scrolling was slower than usual, and my posts were slow to get posted. other than for that relatively short period of time, i didn't notice any difference.

nancy

Julie on 1/21/03 at 16:09 (106169)

I haven't noticed anything, Scott.

marie e on 1/21/03 at 20:45 (106213)

Scott,

I noticed the site was slow over the weekend. It seemed like it took about 3-4 minutes to do a post. Switching from one board to another was also sluggish.

marie