Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne, did you go to the doctor yet?

Posted by Kathy G on 1/21/03 at 17:51 (106190)

Hi Suzanne,

I know that you were going to go to the doctor to find out about that swelling. Did you go? What did he say?

Hope all is going well and that the new school is beginning to feel a little less new!

Re: Suzanne, did you go to the doctor yet?

Suzanne D on 1/21/03 at 21:19 (106218)

Thanks for asking, Kathy. The swelling went away along with the bruises and hurting of the knees and legs which came after my fall in the basement. Each day there has been less discomfort, so I really think it was all related to the fall. Of course the extra stress of more walking in the new building didn't help. I still do plan to go for a general physical; it's time, and this helped me realize it even though the knee and ankle problems seem to have resolved themselves.

I've just been really busy with my daughter's wedding plans, trying to make use of the 2 snow days we had last week and this Monday off to make corsages and bouteneirs (Oh, dear; I never could spell that word!) and also more curtains for my classroom. I made some for the top two windows, not realizing how the sun would come in the bottom four because it was overcast all through Christmas when I was in the room working. I got those made and the flowers done as well as my report cards while we were out of school.

As far as stress in the new school situation, the worst day seemed to be last Wednesday. One teacher was taken by ambulance with chest pain, and another left early that day and still isn't back. But for most of us, I think the unexpected days off Thursday and Friday helped ease the stress, and I saw more smiles today than I've been seeing. (The teacher who went to the hospital was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse and arthritis in the soldier. I have the same heart murmur and was able to talk to her some today. She seems better.) We're pulling together, and we're going to make it!

Again, thanks for asking, and I'm so glad the chiropractor has been able to help you!

Take care, everyone.
Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 1/21/03 at 23:44 (106227)

you take care too, suzanne. you have a lot going on! glad you saw more smiles at your new school today.

i fell in the basement today, landing on both knees. they're sore but will be ok, i'm sure. it did make me wonder if there's something going around, though! has anyone else been falling in the basement?

i told carole that basements breed trouble, and now we have two examples right here.

nancy

Suzanne D on 1/22/03 at 10:15 (106280)

It DOES sound as if we might be in the midst of some 'basement thing', doesn't it?! :-) Basements can be a lot of trouble, but I honestly don't know where I would store my piles and boxes of 'school stuff' without one!

I'm sorry you fell, too, and hope you don't hurt much from it. By the way, how is your tooth pain now?

Stay warm, and have a good day!

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 10:22 (106282)

suzanne: i have scraped knees and feel about 10 years old. it's kind of fun. the tooth pain is well under control now. as soon as it's completely under control, the endodontist will go at it again -- for longer this time, he said. i can't wait! probably next week. i wish they still did nitrous oxide, but they don't. maybe i'll ask him to just knock me over the head with a baseball bat. i want to be OUT.
have a good day yourself!
nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 11:30 (106295)

It sure sounds like it, Nancy. I don't have a basement, and I haven't fallen. Maybe you're on to something.

:)
Carole C

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 16:01 (106356)

lol carole: you have no basement, you haven't fallen; suzanne and i have basements, we have fallen. if you have no basement, you will never fall and are in luck! if you have a basement, you WILL fall, so everyone with a basement, be very very careful this week, and maybe for the rest of your life.

nancy

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 16:03 (106357)

p.s. And this is why i took not one but two logic courses in college. no wonder i can figure everything out.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 18:05 (106372)

Sounds logical to me.

Carole C :)

Suzanne D on 1/21/03 at 21:19 (106218)

Thanks for asking, Kathy. The swelling went away along with the bruises and hurting of the knees and legs which came after my fall in the basement. Each day there has been less discomfort, so I really think it was all related to the fall. Of course the extra stress of more walking in the new building didn't help. I still do plan to go for a general physical; it's time, and this helped me realize it even though the knee and ankle problems seem to have resolved themselves.

I've just been really busy with my daughter's wedding plans, trying to make use of the 2 snow days we had last week and this Monday off to make corsages and bouteneirs (Oh, dear; I never could spell that word!) and also more curtains for my classroom. I made some for the top two windows, not realizing how the sun would come in the bottom four because it was overcast all through Christmas when I was in the room working. I got those made and the flowers done as well as my report cards while we were out of school.

As far as stress in the new school situation, the worst day seemed to be last Wednesday. One teacher was taken by ambulance with chest pain, and another left early that day and still isn't back. But for most of us, I think the unexpected days off Thursday and Friday helped ease the stress, and I saw more smiles today than I've been seeing. (The teacher who went to the hospital was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse and arthritis in the soldier. I have the same heart murmur and was able to talk to her some today. She seems better.) We're pulling together, and we're going to make it!

Again, thanks for asking, and I'm so glad the chiropractor has been able to help you!

Take care, everyone.

nancy s. on 1/21/03 at 23:44 (106227)

you take care too, suzanne. you have a lot going on! glad you saw more smiles at your new school today.

i fell in the basement today, landing on both knees. they're sore but will be ok, i'm sure. it did make me wonder if there's something going around, though! has anyone else been falling in the basement?

i told carole that basements breed trouble, and now we have two examples right here.

nancy

Suzanne D on 1/22/03 at 10:15 (106280)

It DOES sound as if we might be in the midst of some 'basement thing', doesn't it?! :-) Basements can be a lot of trouble, but I honestly don't know where I would store my piles and boxes of 'school stuff' without one!

I'm sorry you fell, too, and hope you don't hurt much from it. By the way, how is your tooth pain now?

Stay warm, and have a good day!

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 10:22 (106282)

suzanne: i have scraped knees and feel about 10 years old. it's kind of fun. the tooth pain is well under control now. as soon as it's completely under control, the endodontist will go at it again -- for longer this time, he said. i can't wait! probably next week. i wish they still did nitrous oxide, but they don't. maybe i'll ask him to just knock me over the head with a baseball bat. i want to be OUT.
have a good day yourself!
nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 11:30 (106295)

It sure sounds like it, Nancy. I don't have a basement, and I haven't fallen. Maybe you're on to something.

:)
Carole C

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 16:01 (106356)

lol carole: you have no basement, you haven't fallen; suzanne and i have basements, we have fallen. if you have no basement, you will never fall and are in luck! if you have a basement, you WILL fall, so everyone with a basement, be very very careful this week, and maybe for the rest of your life.

nancy

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 16:03 (106357)

p.s. And this is why i took not one but two logic courses in college. no wonder i can figure everything out.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 18:05 (106372)

Sounds logical to me.

Carole C :)