Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

john h, please read, email trouble...

Posted by nancy s. on 1/21/03 at 23:24 (106226)

john, all of a sudden i'm having trouble with your email address. (i know i'm not alone on this, so i don't feel TOO stupid!) these days is it ending in .com or .net? are you lost in the bermuda triangle?
nancy

Re: john h, please read, email trouble...

Julie on 1/22/03 at 02:45 (106240)

Nancy, I've learned that if I use the reply button to reply to an email of John's, it always bounces back at me because the address at the top of his emails always appears with an unnecessary 'pop' in it which renders it invalid. I don't know if this is your problem, but if you've been using the reply button, try opening a new file instead.

Julie on 1/22/03 at 02:46 (106241)

...or maybe he IS lost in the Bermuda Triangle.

John???

Nancy N on 1/22/03 at 05:59 (106250)

I have the same problem, though lately it seems to be working. Perhaps the problem is on John's end (his reply-to field is not set properly) rather than on ours? I'm not sure. But I do know that if I email him at his work address, I rarely have a problem.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 11:33 (106296)

Gee, am I the only person here who isn't e-mailing John? You're a popular guy, John. (grin)

Carole C

Julie on 1/22/03 at 11:53 (106306)

Carole I'm sure John would love to be emailed by you!

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:08 (106310)

Nancy: I have been wondering in the Bermuda Triangle for many years and only on occason wonder out. I have two addresses '(email removed)' and 'johnlh@sbcglobal.net'. With the temp at 13 degrees later this pm I am like a reptile and do not move much in cold weather.

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:12 (106312)

I am here I am here I am here. I am also glad someone missed me.

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:20 (106314)

I still do not understand this e-mail problem. I get many e-mails every day both at work and home and only a few have this problem. I send e-mail to myself and the 'pop' is not inserted so if you get an email from me and my address has a 'pop' inserted I did not do it. I checked my mail preferences and my return address has no Pop inserted.

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:33 (106316)

ok guys I have solved my mail problem. all should work now. I will not detail what the problem was as it might make me look not so smart.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 12:43 (106321)

Julie, I wouldn't know what to say, except 'Hi John'. :)

Carole C

Julie on 1/22/03 at 14:13 (106335)

So? Say it - and let John do the rest. I'm sure he'll think of something.

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 15:59 (106355)

you're right, carole, john is a popular guy. he can't help it. he's an animal lover, a war hero, a guy who makes 'real man' jokes but has a heart of gold and would give you the shirt off his back, is truly witty in his cryptic way, and knows more than his share of the sufferings we've all been through on this site. i think he likes flowers too. i know you probably know all these things, but when you look at the list, there's something for everyone, isn't there!

now JOHN, i think i've figured out the email problem. in the last one i got from you, your address as the sender ended in .com. That isn't right, it's .net, but i just hit the reply button and my reply got lost in .com cyberspace, where you are not. i don't know how you managed to send something with your own address incorrect, but the marvels of high tech do never cease.

nancy

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 16:15 (106359)

it used to have a 'pop' inserted almost always, but i haven't seen the 'pop' in quite a while.

john h on 1/23/03 at 10:42 (106464)

Very good Nancy. my home address is .net and my office .com. On my preference panel i entered a return addrss of .com for a return address for my home. the result anyone using a reply to would get a wrong address. This problem only occured wen using my office computer which made my problem appear random as anyone receiving messages from me could be getting them from my office or home..

Julie on 1/22/03 at 02:45 (106240)

Nancy, I've learned that if I use the reply button to reply to an email of John's, it always bounces back at me because the address at the top of his emails always appears with an unnecessary 'pop' in it which renders it invalid. I don't know if this is your problem, but if you've been using the reply button, try opening a new file instead.

Julie on 1/22/03 at 02:46 (106241)

...or maybe he IS lost in the Bermuda Triangle.

John???

Nancy N on 1/22/03 at 05:59 (106250)

I have the same problem, though lately it seems to be working. Perhaps the problem is on John's end (his reply-to field is not set properly) rather than on ours? I'm not sure. But I do know that if I email him at his work address, I rarely have a problem.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 11:33 (106296)

Gee, am I the only person here who isn't e-mailing John? You're a popular guy, John. (grin)

Carole C

Julie on 1/22/03 at 11:53 (106306)

Carole I'm sure John would love to be emailed by you!

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:08 (106310)

Nancy: I have been wondering in the Bermuda Triangle for many years and only on occason wonder out. I have two addresses '(email removed)' and 'johnlh@sbcglobal.net'. With the temp at 13 degrees later this pm I am like a reptile and do not move much in cold weather.

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:12 (106312)

I am here I am here I am here. I am also glad someone missed me.

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:20 (106314)

I still do not understand this e-mail problem. I get many e-mails every day both at work and home and only a few have this problem. I send e-mail to myself and the 'pop' is not inserted so if you get an email from me and my address has a 'pop' inserted I did not do it. I checked my mail preferences and my return address has no Pop inserted.

john h on 1/22/03 at 12:33 (106316)

ok guys I have solved my mail problem. all should work now. I will not detail what the problem was as it might make me look not so smart.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/22/03 at 12:43 (106321)

Julie, I wouldn't know what to say, except 'Hi John'. :)

Carole C

Julie on 1/22/03 at 14:13 (106335)

So? Say it - and let John do the rest. I'm sure he'll think of something.

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 15:59 (106355)

you're right, carole, john is a popular guy. he can't help it. he's an animal lover, a war hero, a guy who makes 'real man' jokes but has a heart of gold and would give you the shirt off his back, is truly witty in his cryptic way, and knows more than his share of the sufferings we've all been through on this site. i think he likes flowers too. i know you probably know all these things, but when you look at the list, there's something for everyone, isn't there!

now JOHN, i think i've figured out the email problem. in the last one i got from you, your address as the sender ended in .com. That isn't right, it's .net, but i just hit the reply button and my reply got lost in .com cyberspace, where you are not. i don't know how you managed to send something with your own address incorrect, but the marvels of high tech do never cease.

nancy

nancy s. on 1/22/03 at 16:15 (106359)

it used to have a 'pop' inserted almost always, but i haven't seen the 'pop' in quite a while.

john h on 1/23/03 at 10:42 (106464)

Very good Nancy. my home address is .net and my office .com. On my preference panel i entered a return addrss of .com for a return address for my home. the result anyone using a reply to would get a wrong address. This problem only occured wen using my office computer which made my problem appear random as anyone receiving messages from me could be getting them from my office or home..