Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

anyone having surgery please read this

Posted by lauriel on 1/22/03 at 11:41 (106298)

PLease make sure your are in excellent health before your surgery. I was originally scheduled for surgery the beginning of November. I went in for pre-op 3 days before it. I Filled out my health questionaire which looked good to the Dr. As an afterthought as I was leaving I mentioned to the nurse I thought I had a gum infection, because I had severe bleeding gums but thought I would go to the dentist after surgery. (nothing on the questionaire about your mouth) she said that could be a major problem and called the Dr over. He said gum problems can be a major source of infection in the foot area. I went right over to my denstist who confirmed it. I was put on antiobotics and had to postpone my surgery until it was cleared up.

Make sure you tell your Dr everything about your health I cant believe that because it is such a big deal, they dont ask you.

Re: anyone having surgery please read this

Sharon W on 1/22/03 at 12:00 (106307)

Laurie,

Thanks for passing that on! It's something I wouldn't have thought of, and it's definitely important for people to know if they're planning surgery.

Sharon

Re: anyone having surgery please read this

Sharon W on 1/22/03 at 12:00 (106307)

Laurie,

Thanks for passing that on! It's something I wouldn't have thought of, and it's definitely important for people to know if they're planning surgery.

Sharon