Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts

Posted by michelle d on 1/23/03 at 08:48 (106436)

my husband is going in for surgery next week. he will have a tendon release and the dr. also want to do the nerve surgery for tts. he has had tts symptoms for about 1 month. the results of an electrostim test did show some nerve malfunction. our question is, does the tts surgery really work and what is the honest recovery time. i have been getting some pretty scary information regarding this. how debilitating is the surgery and for how long on a normal basis. what should he expect and what can he do and not do. the dr. of course lays a very optimistic picture.

thanks,
michelle

Re: tts

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 09:27 (106446)

Michelle,

There is a lot of information available about this on Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome message board on this website (Just click on 'View All Heel Pain Categories' and then on it). Please come visit us there.

Many doctors who perform this surgery (for reasons I do not fully understand) prefer to paint a 'bed of roses' (extreme-end best case wishful thinking) scenario for people considering this surgery. I have had this surgery, and my surgery was successful, but it is NOT a bed of roses and if you want to read more about what it is like, you will find my posts -- and others -- on the tarsal tunnel board.

Sharon

cherie on 1/23/03 at 14:39 (106495)

If I were you, I would consult a neurologist. I have ESWT done on 11-8-02 and the dr accidentally hit my tibial nerve when he did the block. I am crippled. Trace back through this board for the last 2.5 months and read how much I have suffered. Dealing with nerves is very tricky and I would only have surgery as a last resort. I wish I would have waited, I am looking at 8 months to a year before I get feeling back in my foot. I literally cannot walk. Be very careful who you let touch your feet. This surgery that has NO SIDE EFFECTS has basically turned me into an invalid. Cherie

kay on 1/23/03 at 20:36 (106540)

if he is experiencing little or no nerve pain i'd skip it.

i had the plantar fasciitis release as well as the tarsal tunnel. if i could go back to last june i would just do the p.f. surgery.
i now have scar tissue attaching to nerves and it is twice as bad as before.

kat

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 09:27 (106446)

Michelle,

There is a lot of information available about this on Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome message board on this website (Just click on 'View All Heel Pain Categories' and then on it). Please come visit us there.

Many doctors who perform this surgery (for reasons I do not fully understand) prefer to paint a 'bed of roses' (extreme-end best case wishful thinking) scenario for people considering this surgery. I have had this surgery, and my surgery was successful, but it is NOT a bed of roses and if you want to read more about what it is like, you will find my posts -- and others -- on the tarsal tunnel board.

Sharon

cherie on 1/23/03 at 14:39 (106495)

If I were you, I would consult a neurologist. I have ESWT done on 11-8-02 and the dr accidentally hit my tibial nerve when he did the block. I am crippled. Trace back through this board for the last 2.5 months and read how much I have suffered. Dealing with nerves is very tricky and I would only have surgery as a last resort. I wish I would have waited, I am looking at 8 months to a year before I get feeling back in my foot. I literally cannot walk. Be very careful who you let touch your feet. This surgery that has NO SIDE EFFECTS has basically turned me into an invalid. Cherie

kay on 1/23/03 at 20:36 (106540)

if he is experiencing little or no nerve pain i'd skip it.

i had the plantar fasciitis release as well as the tarsal tunnel. if i could go back to last june i would just do the p.f. surgery.
i now have scar tissue attaching to nerves and it is twice as bad as before.

kat