Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

how do you find previous posts?

Posted by lauriel on 1/23/03 at 10:49 (106466)

It was recommended to read Tammys posts about her surgery, I cant find how to do this. Can someone please help.
Thanks

Laurie

Re: how do you find previous posts?

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 11:15 (106475)

One way is to go down to the bottom of the main TTS page, and click on 'Next Set of Messages'.

But you would have to do that quite a few times, to find those old posts by Tammy... In this case, I would suggest clicking on 'View All Heel Pain Categories' and then doing a search of the message boards on her name. (Tammie is an 'old timer' on these boards and has written a LOT of posts over the last couple of years, so you might have to wade through quite a few of them before you find posts about her surgery.

Sharon

Re: PS: she spells her name, "Tammie"

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 11:19 (106476)

I checked, because I wasn't absolutely sure.

Julie on 1/23/03 at 16:18 (106506)

Laurie, you can use the 'Search' facility. Type 'Tammie' (that's how she spells it) and click in the 'Messages' box. That should turn up all her posts, and you can read the whole sorry saga from the beginning, about 18 months ago.

Re: Hi, I am Tammie

Tammie on 1/23/03 at 18:57 (106526)

Hello I understand that you would like to read about me! If so do not look for Tammy as there was someone else that had that name also. I only posted as Tammie. It was for a few reasons one there was another tammy so I chose to post Tammie, also for privacy but my name is Tammy lol now that I have complicated it more can I help?

I just seen this in my email, and wondered if there is something I can help with? I am a bit lost, but if it is do to me jumping to quick for a surgery which has left me with a cane and a dx that noone should ever have but then most unpleasant things should be that. I have not read much here so,I will try to catch up and then maybe I can help. If you are ready to get surgery, PLEASE read my story it is all truth nothing fictional about it. From start to finish. If you want any questions post or my email Is Doeeyesx2@yahoo

lauriel on 1/24/03 at 15:29 (106661)

I was just wondering what some of your experiences were right after surgery since I just had it. Anything I can avoid.

thanks
Laurie

Tammie on 1/26/03 at 16:27 (106894)

Hi,
Well since you have had the surgery , I would suggest that you do whatever it is to make it have the best outcome for you!!! That means if it takes 6 months to heal , I would do it! Hind site will not help me but perhaps it might help you! I was a very eager person to get back to my job which I love fiercely!Not to mention I was told it would be about 6 weeks. This is for the tts surgery, as rememeber I had the plantar faciites surgery first.

Now my dear Please please be patient. It is so very important! Take your meds as they are perscribed and dont try to be a hero as your body is trying to heal and you must allow it to. Also in case you have not been told , Feet have minds of there own, they seem to take a much longer time to heal. But it does make sence as you have to walk on them .

Now I suppose the Dr. said to keep elevated and ice? Well be sure to do it. My thought is this on returning to work. Every person heals different and going back thru all of this I would say take as long as needed and dont feel stupid for saying my foot hurts and it is 6 weeks after surgery. It might and it would not be odd. I cant stress enough about working , a desk job may be ok but you may need to prop the leg up and may need ice. I would not suggest it but you need to do what is rught for u.

If your pain is high and you are not sleeping or you are in pain so much it is out of control, CALL your Dr. and insist he see you or go to the ER I am serious there are Dr.s who will not hear your plee for pain relief. I only wish I had taken my own advice. If it is a bit past what would be the norm for healing and you are having uncontolable pain, go fast to a pain management Dr. Dont surprise if it takes weeks to get in as it is normal also, unless you have pull somewhere to get you in sooner. If not Go to the ER as I found out to late that if you do they will cal a pain management Dr. in for you.

In the bath or shower be very careful, a stool is great to sit on in the shower as it is hard to stand and also a bit dangerous. My best advice for you is to listen to your Dr. ask questions and if your gut tells you something is not RIGHT listen to it. Dont wait there are no miracles , either the surgery will work or it wont but if it isnt going to dont put up with pain get to the pain management as they to will do there own tests also, actually mine did all that my POD should have. unfortuantly I was the case that did not work and I now have RSD and I use a cane and have alot of pain.But I am in treatment and we are working on this .

Keep your head up think positive and know that some HAVE to have a good outcome I hope yours is that! Listen and really do what is said no cheating as it will be only on yourself. I only wish you alot ofluck healing! If I did not give what you need please be a bit more specific! I am pulling for you to have a great healing now, and you are going to relax and surf the tv or paint or read or craft or whatever else you can do while healing! Ok, Now I wish you well and I dont want to see you as a number here that it fails ! Hugs to u .

lauriel on 1/27/03 at 10:23 (106965)

Tammie, thanks for the info - I just need to let it run its course, you you and everyone else says Everyone is different, but to take it easy! I just read a post where the person had surgery 2 weeks ago and he has been hunting several times and went to work 2 days after surgery. Cant believe that!
Thanks for the input
Laurie

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 11:15 (106475)

One way is to go down to the bottom of the main TTS page, and click on 'Next Set of Messages'.

But you would have to do that quite a few times, to find those old posts by Tammy... In this case, I would suggest clicking on 'View All Heel Pain Categories' and then doing a search of the message boards on her name. (Tammie is an 'old timer' on these boards and has written a LOT of posts over the last couple of years, so you might have to wade through quite a few of them before you find posts about her surgery.

Sharon

Re: PS: she spells her name, "Tammie"

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 11:19 (106476)

I checked, because I wasn't absolutely sure.

Julie on 1/23/03 at 16:18 (106506)

Laurie, you can use the 'Search' facility. Type 'Tammie' (that's how she spells it) and click in the 'Messages' box. That should turn up all her posts, and you can read the whole sorry saga from the beginning, about 18 months ago.

Tammie on 1/23/03 at 18:57 (106526)

Hello I understand that you would like to read about me! If so do not look for Tammy as there was someone else that had that name also. I only posted as Tammie. It was for a few reasons one there was another tammy so I chose to post Tammie, also for privacy but my name is Tammy lol now that I have complicated it more can I help?

I just seen this in my email, and wondered if there is something I can help with? I am a bit lost, but if it is do to me jumping to quick for a surgery which has left me with a cane and a dx that noone should ever have but then most unpleasant things should be that. I have not read much here so,I will try to catch up and then maybe I can help. If you are ready to get surgery, PLEASE read my story it is all truth nothing fictional about it. From start to finish. If you want any questions post or my email Is Doeeyesx2@yahoo

lauriel on 1/24/03 at 15:29 (106661)

I was just wondering what some of your experiences were right after surgery since I just had it. Anything I can avoid.

thanks
Laurie

Tammie on 1/26/03 at 16:27 (106894)

Hi,
Well since you have had the surgery , I would suggest that you do whatever it is to make it have the best outcome for you!!! That means if it takes 6 months to heal , I would do it! Hind site will not help me but perhaps it might help you! I was a very eager person to get back to my job which I love fiercely!Not to mention I was told it would be about 6 weeks. This is for the tts surgery, as rememeber I had the plantar faciites surgery first.

Now my dear Please please be patient. It is so very important! Take your meds as they are perscribed and dont try to be a hero as your body is trying to heal and you must allow it to. Also in case you have not been told , Feet have minds of there own, they seem to take a much longer time to heal. But it does make sence as you have to walk on them .

Now I suppose the Dr. said to keep elevated and ice? Well be sure to do it. My thought is this on returning to work. Every person heals different and going back thru all of this I would say take as long as needed and dont feel stupid for saying my foot hurts and it is 6 weeks after surgery. It might and it would not be odd. I cant stress enough about working , a desk job may be ok but you may need to prop the leg up and may need ice. I would not suggest it but you need to do what is rught for u.

If your pain is high and you are not sleeping or you are in pain so much it is out of control, CALL your Dr. and insist he see you or go to the ER I am serious there are Dr.s who will not hear your plee for pain relief. I only wish I had taken my own advice. If it is a bit past what would be the norm for healing and you are having uncontolable pain, go fast to a pain management Dr. Dont surprise if it takes weeks to get in as it is normal also, unless you have pull somewhere to get you in sooner. If not Go to the ER as I found out to late that if you do they will cal a pain management Dr. in for you.

In the bath or shower be very careful, a stool is great to sit on in the shower as it is hard to stand and also a bit dangerous. My best advice for you is to listen to your Dr. ask questions and if your gut tells you something is not RIGHT listen to it. Dont wait there are no miracles , either the surgery will work or it wont but if it isnt going to dont put up with pain get to the pain management as they to will do there own tests also, actually mine did all that my POD should have. unfortuantly I was the case that did not work and I now have RSD and I use a cane and have alot of pain.But I am in treatment and we are working on this .

Keep your head up think positive and know that some HAVE to have a good outcome I hope yours is that! Listen and really do what is said no cheating as it will be only on yourself. I only wish you alot ofluck healing! If I did not give what you need please be a bit more specific! I am pulling for you to have a great healing now, and you are going to relax and surf the tv or paint or read or craft or whatever else you can do while healing! Ok, Now I wish you well and I dont want to see you as a number here that it fails ! Hugs to u .

lauriel on 1/27/03 at 10:23 (106965)

Tammie, thanks for the info - I just need to let it run its course, you you and everyone else says Everyone is different, but to take it easy! I just read a post where the person had surgery 2 weeks ago and he has been hunting several times and went to work 2 days after surgery. Cant believe that!
Thanks for the input
Laurie