Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone know a PT with successful experience for TTS?

Posted by Lara T on 1/23/03 at 12:41 (106488)

I've started PT for my TTS to see if I can get more relief. I'm very impressed with my PT, although she hasn't ever had a TTS client before. She has done some reading (some that I gave her, some she found on her own) and seems to be doing a very thorough and thoughtful job, and knowledgeable about the foot if not TTS. She also volunteered, without prompted, that if I knew a PT that has had success with TTS patients, she would be pleased to have their name so she could talk to them. Does anyone knows the name of such a PT that would be willing to talk with her?

Re: Anyone know a PT with successful experience for TTS?

lauriel on 1/23/03 at 13:06 (106489)

I am going through therapy right now post surgery, I will ask him, but he did say that you can get relief from PT but It does not cure it. So the symptons will likely come back at some point. I have my next appointment tomorrow I will ask him
Laurie

Amy on 1/24/03 at 10:05 (106619)

It is a good thing you are giving the PT information and they are looking into it on their own. I just started PT on Wednesday, and he has treated about 3 other people (I believe all post-surgery) and he told me he has learned the treatments he can't use - all by their poor trial and error! His mistakes sounded extremely painful! Good luck! I know I sure hope this works for me!
Amy

lara t on 1/24/03 at 13:12 (106637)

Yea. A couple people posted experiences in response to a prior post of mine on a related topic, and talked about pain caused by doing certain things. I printed them out and gave it to the PT and she was very careful to avoid the things they said to avoid. : )

lauriel on 1/24/03 at 15:30 (106662)

Lara, can you please let me know what they are since I am currently going through PT
Thanks
Laurie

lara t on 1/24/03 at 21:53 (106697)

At the bottom of the first page of this Message board click on 'next set of messages'. ON the next page about 1/2 way down there is a thread titled 'Physical Therapy helpful'. That's where the stuff is.

lauriel on 1/23/03 at 13:06 (106489)

I am going through therapy right now post surgery, I will ask him, but he did say that you can get relief from PT but It does not cure it. So the symptons will likely come back at some point. I have my next appointment tomorrow I will ask him
Laurie

Amy on 1/24/03 at 10:05 (106619)

It is a good thing you are giving the PT information and they are looking into it on their own. I just started PT on Wednesday, and he has treated about 3 other people (I believe all post-surgery) and he told me he has learned the treatments he can't use - all by their poor trial and error! His mistakes sounded extremely painful! Good luck! I know I sure hope this works for me!
Amy

lara t on 1/24/03 at 13:12 (106637)

Yea. A couple people posted experiences in response to a prior post of mine on a related topic, and talked about pain caused by doing certain things. I printed them out and gave it to the PT and she was very careful to avoid the things they said to avoid. : )

lauriel on 1/24/03 at 15:30 (106662)

Lara, can you please let me know what they are since I am currently going through PT
Thanks
Laurie

lara t on 1/24/03 at 21:53 (106697)

At the bottom of the first page of this Message board click on 'next set of messages'. ON the next page about 1/2 way down there is a thread titled 'Physical Therapy helpful'. That's where the stuff is.