Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I seen a chair at Doctors office check in window !!!!!

Posted by Marty on 1/23/03 at 21:14 (106551)

That's right all, it was there at the check in but not only that it was a real nice chair not a stole. The check in window was low and the gal was stetting, not standing or running around with her head cut off. I went in sat down and looked her straight in the face and she smiled and said can I help you. This place was sooooo cooool and relaxing. Oh yes there was a phone on a end table right next to the chair! I loved the Doctors concern with us and not the all mighty dollar. Was not a ton of people packed in every 15 minutes. Oh yes one other thing I've never seen, when I went in to my room they left the door open the whole time, well until the doctor came in then he closed it. But while it was open I seen the doctor come out of the other rooms, walk over to this bench high desk where all his notes and things were. He then proceeded to talk into a tape recorded of the patient situation and treatments he had just seen. I was so impressed I have only seen this in the movies! Either he has an assistant type this up or he has one of those new voice recognition programs. Way to much homework for one man to handle.

Marty

Re: I seen a chair at Doctors office check in window !!!!!

Pauline on 1/23/03 at 21:34 (106556)

Marty,
I hate to break your bubble but many doctors provide this type of treatment. The important thing to remember is not to judge a book by it's cover. Office decor and microphones don't mean a whole lot when your goal is to find a good doctor.

Re: Checking in and then checking out can be brutal !

Marty on 1/23/03 at 22:09 (106561)

I just hadn't seen it myself. Checking in and then checking out can be brutal !

Re: What did the doc SAY?

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 22:13 (106562)

That does sound like a 'user-friendly' office! As Pauline pointed out, it's certainly not the MOST important thing about a potential surgeon, but personally I do think it's a good sign. :o)

WHAT DID THE DOCTOR TELL YOU???

Sharon

IanJ on 1/24/03 at 00:57 (106574)

Really? My doctor's office has a chair and private rooms. Huh.

john h on 1/24/03 at 09:42 (106611)

Amen to that Pauline. Same thing goes with a Doctors bedside manner. Just because he can talk the talk does not mean he can walk the walk. The Doctor considered by most professionals in our city to be the last word in open heart surgery is a complete jackass to talk with but if had open heart surgery he is the one i would want. My wife's surgeon is renowned in this region as a cancer surgeon but having met with him myself he is nice but very abrupt, busy and professional. He is not one who you could cry on his shoulder but presents you with the facts,statistics, and options. People come to him from around the world. My wife often judges a Doctor by his manners but after talking to many people about this Doctor she more than accepted him.

Re: neropathy

Marty on 1/24/03 at 11:23 (106630)

Sharon, He was the Best!!! Came highly recommended and I wish he could treat me but unfortunately not. I have some sort of neuropathy going on. I posted a question about it. please read. thanks - marty

Leon S. on 1/24/03 at 19:03 (106686)

I'm lost!!!!!

marie e on 1/26/03 at 09:26 (106827)

I am so glad you found a doctor that you like. It is nice to have a place to sit down while checking in. He is probably a little more in tune with patients who have problems standing for more than a few minutes at a time. If had a choice between a talented physician that's a jerk and a talented physician with a people personality I'd pick the latter. Just goes to show there are good docs out there.

marie

Marty on 1/26/03 at 09:43 (106829)

Was real refreshing :) But doesn't think he's the one to see me. Sugested a neuralogist

Pauline on 1/23/03 at 21:34 (106556)

Marty,
I hate to break your bubble but many doctors provide this type of treatment. The important thing to remember is not to judge a book by it's cover. Office decor and microphones don't mean a whole lot when your goal is to find a good doctor.

Marty on 1/23/03 at 22:09 (106561)

I just hadn't seen it myself. Checking in and then checking out can be brutal !

Re: What did the doc SAY?

Sharon W on 1/23/03 at 22:13 (106562)

That does sound like a 'user-friendly' office! As Pauline pointed out, it's certainly not the MOST important thing about a potential surgeon, but personally I do think it's a good sign. :o)

WHAT DID THE DOCTOR TELL YOU???

Sharon

IanJ on 1/24/03 at 00:57 (106574)

Really? My doctor's office has a chair and private rooms. Huh.

john h on 1/24/03 at 09:42 (106611)

Amen to that Pauline. Same thing goes with a Doctors bedside manner. Just because he can talk the talk does not mean he can walk the walk. The Doctor considered by most professionals in our city to be the last word in open heart surgery is a complete jackass to talk with but if had open heart surgery he is the one i would want. My wife's surgeon is renowned in this region as a cancer surgeon but having met with him myself he is nice but very abrupt, busy and professional. He is not one who you could cry on his shoulder but presents you with the facts,statistics, and options. People come to him from around the world. My wife often judges a Doctor by his manners but after talking to many people about this Doctor she more than accepted him.

Marty on 1/24/03 at 11:23 (106630)

Sharon, He was the Best!!! Came highly recommended and I wish he could treat me but unfortunately not. I have some sort of neuropathy going on. I posted a question about it. please read. thanks - marty

Leon S. on 1/24/03 at 19:03 (106686)

I'm lost!!!!!

marie e on 1/26/03 at 09:26 (106827)

I am so glad you found a doctor that you like. It is nice to have a place to sit down while checking in. He is probably a little more in tune with patients who have problems standing for more than a few minutes at a time. If had a choice between a talented physician that's a jerk and a talented physician with a people personality I'd pick the latter. Just goes to show there are good docs out there.

marie

Marty on 1/26/03 at 09:43 (106829)

Was real refreshing :) But doesn't think he's the one to see me. Sugested a neuralogist