Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

any other taping suggestions??

Posted by mariod m on 1/24/03 at 20:02 (106692)

HI
I was wondering if there was any other ways to tape my foot. I run everyday (about 40 miles per week) and have developed something like PF and the taping procedure on your website didn't do the trick. Thanks.

Re: any other taping suggestions??

Julie on 1/25/03 at 01:25 (106711)

Mariod

If you have PF, the only thing that will help is to stop running until you are healed. Whatever taping system you use, running will be re-injuring you.

PF usually heals with rest and conservative treatment. Read the heel pain book for information, and see a podiatrist for a full evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan. If you're new to this site, it would be a good idea to spend some time reading past posts. There are lots of people here who regret 'running through the pain' because it has led to chronic, long-lasting pain.

Leon S. on 1/25/03 at 19:23 (106791)

Mariod, Julie is correct about the running. I am an ex (for now) runner who has had PF since July. I discovered the taping technique on this web site and have had a noticeable decrease in pain. I have been able to resume some distance walking (yes, to get better you have to really stay off your feet as much as possible) and have been able to ski and continue to wear some of my pre PF shoes. Prior to taping, I would not have been able to do any of these things. As hard as it is to give up, the running should be the furthest thing from your thoughts right now.

Julie on 1/25/03 at 01:25 (106711)

Mariod

If you have PF, the only thing that will help is to stop running until you are healed. Whatever taping system you use, running will be re-injuring you.

PF usually heals with rest and conservative treatment. Read the heel pain book for information, and see a podiatrist for a full evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan. If you're new to this site, it would be a good idea to spend some time reading past posts. There are lots of people here who regret 'running through the pain' because it has led to chronic, long-lasting pain.

Leon S. on 1/25/03 at 19:23 (106791)

Mariod, Julie is correct about the running. I am an ex (for now) runner who has had PF since July. I discovered the taping technique on this web site and have had a noticeable decrease in pain. I have been able to resume some distance walking (yes, to get better you have to really stay off your feet as much as possible) and have been able to ski and continue to wear some of my pre PF shoes. Prior to taping, I would not have been able to do any of these things. As hard as it is to give up, the running should be the furthest thing from your thoughts right now.