Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lara, I got some Birkenstocks and love........

Posted by marie e on 1/25/03 at 08:57 (106726)

......MY NEW SHOES.

I ordered several pairs of Birkenstocks and have been wearing them for about a week. Thanks for the advice. It just goes to show the power of communication at this message board. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Re: Lara, I got some Birkenstocks and love........

Marty on 1/25/03 at 12:02 (106749)

Marie,

Did you try them on or just ordered them over then net??? I have tried only one pair on and did not like them.

Marty

marie e on 1/25/03 at 20:15 (106793)

I ordered over the net, from Birkenstock csntral. Lara directed me to the site. I ordered a pair on sale and thought they were ok. The style of the shoe hit my ankle and calf in a sensitive spot. I did get some relief from the intense pulling of my calf muscles so I oerdered another pair of shoes and some birkie clogs that had lower sides. These have worked out perfect. I had to return the first pairs I received because they were to big. I got great service.

When my tts was really flared up I could only wear shoes that had thick soft cushions...like easy spirit and aersoles. I can tell when the shoes wear out because my tts gets worse and my calves tighten. New shoes have always helped. I don't mind spending the money every 6 weeks...my feet are worth it.

Marty on 1/25/03 at 22:24 (106806)

I will have to check out the site

Thanks

lara t on 1/26/03 at 07:24 (106818)

Thanks, but I'm afraid the wrong person is getting credit. I'm a Dansko fan - although I do buy Birks for 'slippers' (most expensive slippers I've ever bought - more expensive than my sneakers (!), but there are a couple modals that have flannel or fake lambs' wood inside like slippers do -and I keep telling myself - it's not shoes, it's medical treatment)

Maybe I'll try some Birk's too.

marie e on 1/26/03 at 09:10 (106822)

Hmmm.....I'll have to go back to the past posts and check that out.

marie

Re: The post came from Lara T.

marie e on 1/26/03 at 09:12 (106823)

Do I have the wrong person?????? Thanks whoever you were!!!
marie

Re: Marie

Sharon W on 1/26/03 at 10:20 (106834)

I got some Betula birkenstocks almost a year ago and was convinced, at first, that I would never be able to wear them. But after surgery, there was nothing else I could get onto my feet, so I tried again, and after wearing them in they have become my most comfortable shoes, BY FAR.

The good thing about Birks is, since their footbeds are made of fairly soft cork, as you wear them your weight molds and shapes that cork until it fits almost perfectly! And they are SO easy to slip onto your feet, in when you have to get up to go to the bathroom at night, or whatever.

Sharon

nancy s. on 1/26/03 at 14:53 (106867)

there are so many birk-lovers on the boards, marie, it could've been any of a large number of us. and i'm sure any of us would be happy to accept the credit. in fact, i need some credit today, so i think i'll take just a little. thanks!
nancy

marie e on 1/26/03 at 15:34 (106880)

Great! Thanks!

Marty on 1/25/03 at 12:02 (106749)

Marie,

Did you try them on or just ordered them over then net??? I have tried only one pair on and did not like them.

Marty

marie e on 1/25/03 at 20:15 (106793)

I ordered over the net, from Birkenstock csntral. Lara directed me to the site. I ordered a pair on sale and thought they were ok. The style of the shoe hit my ankle and calf in a sensitive spot. I did get some relief from the intense pulling of my calf muscles so I oerdered another pair of shoes and some birkie clogs that had lower sides. These have worked out perfect. I had to return the first pairs I received because they were to big. I got great service.

When my tts was really flared up I could only wear shoes that had thick soft cushions...like easy spirit and aersoles. I can tell when the shoes wear out because my tts gets worse and my calves tighten. New shoes have always helped. I don't mind spending the money every 6 weeks...my feet are worth it.

Marty on 1/25/03 at 22:24 (106806)

I will have to check out the site

Thanks

lara t on 1/26/03 at 07:24 (106818)

Thanks, but I'm afraid the wrong person is getting credit. I'm a Dansko fan - although I do buy Birks for 'slippers' (most expensive slippers I've ever bought - more expensive than my sneakers (!), but there are a couple modals that have flannel or fake lambs' wood inside like slippers do -and I keep telling myself - it's not shoes, it's medical treatment)

Maybe I'll try some Birk's too.

marie e on 1/26/03 at 09:10 (106822)

Hmmm.....I'll have to go back to the past posts and check that out.

marie

marie e on 1/26/03 at 09:12 (106823)

Do I have the wrong person?????? Thanks whoever you were!!!
marie

Re: Marie

Sharon W on 1/26/03 at 10:20 (106834)

I got some Betula birkenstocks almost a year ago and was convinced, at first, that I would never be able to wear them. But after surgery, there was nothing else I could get onto my feet, so I tried again, and after wearing them in they have become my most comfortable shoes, BY FAR.

The good thing about Birks is, since their footbeds are made of fairly soft cork, as you wear them your weight molds and shapes that cork until it fits almost perfectly! And they are SO easy to slip onto your feet, in when you have to get up to go to the bathroom at night, or whatever.

Sharon

nancy s. on 1/26/03 at 14:53 (106867)

there are so many birk-lovers on the boards, marie, it could've been any of a large number of us. and i'm sure any of us would be happy to accept the credit. in fact, i need some credit today, so i think i'll take just a little. thanks!
nancy

marie e on 1/26/03 at 15:34 (106880)

Great! Thanks!